The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 19 Apr 2024 08:31

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: BTS!: DSA Game 1 Discussion
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2011 23:56 
Corporal
Corporal

Lets hope that the whole low grade product rep for PRC doesn't include rockets...

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011 00:02 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

MrAnderson wrote:
Lets hope that the whole low grade product rep for PRC doesn't include rockets...

Lol, well it is up to you whether you launch with a low safety level or not. Mav just got burned by bad luck, a 100 is still a 100, and a Catastrophic Failure.

But if you max out your safety levels with launches and research you should be ok. :AH

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011 12:41 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I made the decision early on to not launch with a safety percentage under 50% on anything. A 50/50 on a crash and burn is just too tilted towards ouchies for me.

I have been trying to get my percentages higher, up towards 70% or better, but i need prestige as well. So my first launches will be riding the edge so to speak.

Oh yeah, and Mav, the Brits are going to send you some brooms and wheel barrows to help you clean up a wee bit, :D.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011 13:03 

haegan2007 wrote:
I made the decision early on to not launch with a safety percentage under 50% on anything. A 50/50 on a crash and burn is just too tilted towards ouchies for me.

I have been trying to get my percentages higher, up towards 70% or better, but i need prestige as well. So my first launches will be riding the edge so to speak.

Oh yeah, and Mav, the Brits are going to send you some brooms and wheel barrows to help you clean up a wee bit, :D.

Haegan, even then be careful. My safety on my rocket was pretty high, and I still had a failure. But once your safety reaches max R&D level, you have to launch to improve. So, even though the OIB was a failure, the launch was not and as such my safety will increase on my LEO Rocket. :AH As in real life, information can be learned in failure.

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011 13:06 

MrAnderson, I cannot use .xlsx format, which is used by excel 07. So can you please save your turns in .xls format? Thanks.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011 13:47 

Here is another hint for you folks. To send any mission outside of LEO you will need a larger rocket or a Kicker rocket to boost the mission package out of LEO. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011 14:12 

MrAnderson, thank you for such a timely response. :tu

All Feb turns have been processed and March turns have been sent out. :AH

@Gav, yours has been sent to your home email. If you need me to send it to your work email, just let me know.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011 15:32 
Private First Class
Private First Class

I've just checked my inbox and I don't have my turn yet. :sad Can you check to make sure you didn't get a bounce-back? I just checked my spam folder, it isn't in there.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011 15:41 

Tssha wrote:
I've just checked my inbox and I don't have my turn yet. :sad Can you check to make sure you didn't get a bounce-back? I just checked my spam folder, it isn't in there.

Thanks for the heads up. I will resend ASAP> So stand by. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011 17:16 
Corporal
Corporal

Turn received and done ... ready for another !

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011 17:21 

Gav wrote:
Turn received and done ... ready for another !

Welcome back bud! Was missing that stuffy commie speak you do so well! :bs

The plan, for right now, is one turn a day. So the next one will go out tomorrow, and should arrive in your email box, at the same time, or a bit earlier. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011 20:05 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Got it now, thanks for resending!

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011 21:03 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Oh, one more question:

If you schedule a launch, can you still do R&D on the components and improve their reliability up until the launch day? Or are they hermetically sealed by the assembly process, that is, are stuck at their present reliability even though the launch is months away? Can you delay a launch a month to give your R&D guys the chance to fix whatever they screwed up accidentally?

Also, I couldn't find the description of the Direct Ascent Capsule. I mention this because I figure I'm supposed to be looking for these omissions, and this is one I noticed.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011 22:06 

Tssha wrote:
Oh, one more question:

If you schedule a launch, can you still do R&D on the components and improve their reliability up until the launch day? Or are they hermetically sealed by the assembly process, that is, are stuck at their present reliability even though the launch is months away? Can you delay a launch a month to give your R&D guys the chance to fix whatever they screwed up accidentally?

Also, I couldn't find the description of the Direct Ascent Capsule. I mention this because I figure I'm supposed to be looking for these omissions, and this is one I noticed.

NP Bud. You can't turn in a sheet without the new one. :gl

1.) Yes. You can research right up until launch. This is an intro game so safety is not locked down by purchase. In the next game to be designed, it will be. :bs

2.) Good job! :tu Yep, anything missing that you find let me know. Will add the desc.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011 23:45 
Corporal
Corporal

Exactly how many playtests of this scenario are you planning to do

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 09:24 

MrAnderson wrote:
Exactly how many playtests of this scenario are you planning to do

Depends on how many are needed to find and eliminate all of the bugs. :AH

Unlike most game designers today, I care about my reputation. And I will not release a buggy piece of crap.

I am not doing this for money, I am doing this to make something folks will enjoy playing. Which, IMO, is far more important than how commercially successful it is.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 10:00 

MrAnderson, you sent me your sheet with the .xlsx format again.

I need it in the .xls format.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 13:08 

mavikfelna wrote:
We're currently dealing with a major issue at work. I put in 16 hours yesterday and I could end up doing it again to. I do not know when I'll have enough time to sit down and get my turn done.

--Mav

NP my friend. Join us when you can. :AH Anything scheduled and already in R&D will be processed. Just no new orders will be added.

And thanks for the heads up.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 13:22 

Mav, your turn has been processed and sent out.

Will do the same until you return or the current schedule runs out. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 13:36 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

As an important side note, Ken uses Excel 2003. Please save your files as an Excel 97 - 2003 workbook. I am not always available for Ken to resave the files for him.

Ken, sometimes we just have to take a chance, but it should be a reasonable one. anything less then 50% is a waste of a shot really. The same can be statistically argued up to roughly 70%.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 13:45 

haegan2007 wrote:
Ken, sometimes we just have to take a chance, but it should be a reasonable one. anything less then 50% is a waste of a shot really. The same can be statistically argued up to roughly 70%.

Agreed. The only reason I beat Mav to the punch in launching a Orb Sat first was that I took a chance. My LEO Rocket safety was 83%. But I got away with it the first time. Then it turned around and bit me in the backside on the second launch. :vm

As an aside, as the GM I do my entire year out before we even begin the Jan of the upcoming year. This way there can be no conflict of interest. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 18:55 

All turns, except for Gav's, has been processed and the next turn sent out.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 19:30 

Gav, you sent me the wrong sheet. It is the march sheet I sent you. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 20:46 
Corporal
Corporal

Are there any purpose to sounding and sub-orbital rockets?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next