The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 02 May 2024 16:30

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: BTS!: DSA Game 1 Discussion
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2012 11:41 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

mavikfelna wrote:
sorry. sent a reply that should cover Nov & Dec. This weekend is going to be hell with overtime so if I don't get anything back to you, go ahead and just process my turn.

--Mav

Will do bud. Thanks for the heads up. :AH

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2012 12:17 

Guys, I hope you do not mind, but I have begun to post the game events over at Aurora, with some editing to bring them inline with the INN concept. :AH

So, I am politely requesting news items from the players. And gav, I REALLY would like to see a Soviet response to Tssha's French news item. :w

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2012 14:00 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

London Times:

The Space Minister reports that issues with the EVA Suit project were uncovered during pressure testing last week.

"There was a failure with the layered insulating seals when sufficient air pressure was applied inside the suit to simulate the stress the seals would be under in an airless environment. This failure was deliberately tested for and a correction is already being implemented," said Debra Hackworths, Ministerial Assistant.

She was also proud to report another successful Communications Satellite launch, bringing the total launches in the series to 6.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2012 18:10 

All November turns have been processed, and all December turns have been sent out.

As an FYI, next turn yopur potential recruits will show up, along with your prestige totals for the year. So go ahead and do whatever recruiting you wish. Also, make sure you allocate your PP's. if they are not allocated by you, they will get randomly alloted. :AH

@Gav, love yer fluff post! :tu

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012 00:59 
Private First Class
Private First Class

*shakes fist impotently at Gav* :ve

:st :bs

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012 10:27 

Tssha wrote:
*shakes fist impotently at Gav* :ve

:st :bs

This is why I always like Gav's participation! Nobody does commie like that Aussie! :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012 13:48 

A question from Tssha in an email:

Quote:
Is a successful mission supposed to update Max R&D Safety Level instead of Current Safety Level when the hardware succeeds?

Max R&D Safety represents the max you can ever get by doing R&D on a project, and will never change. The Current Safety Level is what is variable and represents the most current safety on the HW. Max R&D and Max Safety never change, they just represent maximums that can be reached.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012 14:50 

All December turns processed, and January turns sent out.

Now, before any turns of '58 are processed, it is now time for you players to give a playtester's Year End Report. :bs

Also, if anyone needs, or wants, to drop out of the game, Y.E. is the time to do it. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012 22:43 

Ok guys, I guess I was not clear enough. You have 12 recruits listed, but you can only have 10. So the PLAYER, not the GM must pick their recruits and list them on their orders sheet.

Everybody who sent me Jan's turn without all of their picks on them, resend them with your choices. No offense guys, but I am beginning to get the feeling some of you are just marking time, not really caring what happens.

I have to say the Jan turns the players have turned in and I have recieved so far just, well, shows the rules are unclear, or have not been read. So far, nobody has listed their recruits on their orders sheets.

No offense, but just telling me to pick your recruits for you is where I draw the line at GM permissiveness. :fr

Either you want to play, or you don't.

I want everybody's participation, but if you are bored, or don't care...

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2012 01:06 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Mispost, but might as well turn this into a question. When is the budget updated? I ask, because I don't seem to have an updated research budget.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2012 01:14 

Tssha wrote:
Mispost, but might as well turn this into a question. When is the budget updated? I ask, because I don't seem to have an updated research budget.

When I send out the next turn, which will be Jan, you will have an updated budget.

And no worries on the mispost. As long as you make one in the right fora. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012 11:15 

Sorry about the delay, but I took Lil' Bud skiing this weekend. First time ever for him. :bs

I tried to process the turns, and was able to process Tssha's and MrAnderson's. Cannot process the rest for the following reasons:

1.) Gav, your sheet is write protected and I cannot even dl it. Only look at it.

2.) Haegan, you never sent me your Jan turn.

3.) Mav, we REALLY need to chat about your orders.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012 17:51 

Now that we are back to doing turns, I want to make sure there is absolutely no misunderstanding in the future. If an order does not appear on the sheet, it does not exist.

So, no more orders orders will be accepted in emails. You can ask if what you are thinking of is ok, that is fine, but if that order does not make it onto the sheet, it will not exist.

I will need every player to respond to this post, to signal that you have read and understand this message.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012 18:02 
Corporal
Corporal

Þórgrímr wrote:
Now that we are back to doing turns, I want to make sure there is absolutely no misunderstanding in the future. If an order does not appear on the sheet, it does not exist.

So, no more orders orders will be accepted in emails. You can ask if what you are thinking of is ok, that is fine, but if that order does not make it onto the sheet, it will not exist.

I will need every player to respond to this post, to signal that you have read and understand this message.

Cheers, Thor

Roger ... orders received and understood !

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012 18:11 
Corporal
Corporal

Þórgrímr wrote:

Cheers, Thor

Je ne comprend pa-

I mean, I completely understand this message.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012 18:27 

Thanks guys!

@Gav, I got your turn done. I still cannot figure out what happened to your other sheet though. :vm

Sorry about the delay because of that.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012 18:31 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Þórgrímr wrote:

Cheers, Thor

gotcha, cha cha cha

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012 18:34 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

guys, ken has come up with a new way to do the INN. This is just awesome!

Attachments:
Event_UK.png
Event_UK.png [ 471.4 KiB | Viewed 12419 times ]

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012 21:10 

I posted the US Jan event post. Let me know which type you guys like, the gfx version, or the data versions from before. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012 23:13 

Mav, I have been on MSN most of the day, but have not heard from you. I will process your sheet as is, but I can tell you right now, it will cause serious problems for you later on in the year.

I will be on MSN til 11PM. If I have not heard from you by then, I will just process your turn as is. I gotta keep the game moving forward. :fr

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012 11:15 

mavikfelna wrote:
sorry. I cranked off my turn during breaks in work so I'll admit I probably wasn't paying too close attention. I tried to set everything up to cover everything that was currently planned for the year but if I'm off substantially I suppose I'll have to live with it.

--Mav

NP bud. That's why I tried to remain online most of the day yesterday. Since we cannot hook up in chat, the problem is your Lifting Body acquisitions, it will break the bank in Jan alone.

Give that a mulling over, and try to get back to me before 2PM today. :AH

@Tssha, you have not turned in a sheet for Feb as of now. Are you still in, out, or RL problems?

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012 14:01 

mavikfelna wrote:
Crap, I see what I did. I was looking at cost as WU, not IUU. That makes a huge difference. :AE

New orders on the way.

--Mav

Yep, and this is why I said it was urgent!! :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012 14:18 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Sorry, I assumed I was ahead of the others for some reason and had to wait for them to catch up. Turn submitted.

I also acknowledge the above written. Not that I've ever submitted orders that way. Still, I never will.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next