The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 09:56

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: BTS!: DSA Game 1 Discussion
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2011 13:11 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

mavikfelna wrote:
I'm around as always. Will even have some time this weekend. :)

--Mav

I figured you would be, but me being me, I wanted to make sure. Did not wish to assume anything. :bs If you can jump on MSN at 3 PM CST Saturday, Chad and I will be online and maybe we can get multiple turns done! :ac

Gav, same invite, only for you it will be 9AM Sunday.

@Haegan, sorry about this morning bud. Still having connectivity problems. Did not get them fixed until a few minutes ago. I will chat with you on the morrow, same bat time, same bat place. :w :bs

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011 12:42 

Guys, I apologize but I had a personal emergency come up, so I will prolly be offline for a bit.

In the meantime I have asked Chad to take over the testing for DSA. Will you, as a favor to me, particpate in the testing with him?

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011 13:05 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

please send your turn to agchad2005ATyahooDOTcom!

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011 00:08 
Corporal
Corporal

What turn are we up to Chad ?

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2011 11:19 

Sorry for the sudden disappearence, but I did not wish to worry you folks unnecessarily. But on Oct 24th, my mother had a heart attack and they had to do an emergency bypass operation.

So I had to scoot on down to Florida and be with her, in case she passed away. She pulled through and I came back to Minnesota to grab a few things before heading back down to arrange for her to move up here, where I can keep an eye on her.

When I was a teen I worked at an old folks home. After that I promised mom that she would never see the inside of one of those. This is the fullfillment of that promise of a boy to a parent he loves very much.

Gav and Mav, I must apologize to you. Chad told me he would run the test while I was gone. It seems my faith in him has been abused. He has not logged in since the 25th, the day I headed to Florida.

Chad, I am VERY disappointed in you. If you did not wish to run the test you should have told me so. This telling me you would do it and then disappearing is dishonorable, and I thought you were above such petty games. :fr

Gav and Mav, I will take a thumb drive full of files with me back to Florida and will try to run the test from down there. But it may be a couple of days before I can get things set up. If you are still interested in playing, please shout it out here. But I would not be surprised if you wished to wash your hands of this affair. :fr

Again, I apologize to the both of you for what has happened.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2011 01:57 
Corporal
Corporal

Ken,

Wash my hands of this .... nah. I'm still in

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2011 10:54 

Gav wrote:
Ken,

Wash my hands of this .... nah. I'm still in

Thanks bud. :AH I will be driving down to Florida this time, so give me until Monday to get things ready. I will take my laptop and get your turn ready for you by Tuesday, my time, Wednesday your time.

@Mav, are you still interested? Or do you wish to pass?

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2011 11:48 

mavikfelna wrote:
I'm still good. RL is shitty ATM but that just means I need to spend more time gaming so I can ignore it. :)

--Mav

One last check before I head down to Florida.

Mav, I will have your turn ready on Tuesday also. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2011 13:08 

Guys, I must apologize, but the hits just keep on coming.

Tuesday morning, my uncle Buddy, mom's last brother died and that sent ma into a severe bout of depression. And with that I cannot afford to do anything but keep an eagle eye on her. :fr

Mom, at one time had seven brothers, and as of Tuesday she now has none. With her severely depressed, still recovering from the bypass surgery, and my mental exhaustion, I cannot guarantee anything getting done, game or writing wise. :vs

This will, in all likelyhood, bt my last contact with you all for quite a spell. I am worried that the depression and her pain from the surgery will cause her to lose the will to live, and pass away.

I pray to god to let it not be, but every human has a breaking point.

If Chad ever shows up again, please pass this information on to him. Thanks

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011 01:37 
Corporal
Corporal

Yes as Mav said. Look after family first and we'll wait until your ready to continue. Best of luck and I hope everything turns out well.

Regards
Gavin

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011 21:34 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Hello Ken, I have been sending Emails back and forth with Gav's and Mav's turns as well as logging in for the occasional lunch time to see if your on.

As always, you have my email's(including work) if you need to get a hold of me.

Let her know that I feel her loss.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2011 13:50 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

hiya guys, i built a dice roller for this, and will modify it to better serve for this game. I can roll up to 9 sets of dice, with each set returning a value of up to 2 billion. That should handle most rolls i think!

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011 13:32 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Now i need to see if i can have a save function for the dice, so it will load up a d6(etc) as default instead of only d4.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2011 20:23 
Corporal
Corporal

Chad,

I'll be ready to keep playing in a few days ... work has got in the way of things ... yet again

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011 18:53 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

i understand, same thing is happening here, my promotion is eating up time like no tomorrow.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2011 13:37 

Hey folks, my sojourn through the underworld is finally through.

Sorry to see not much was accomplished DSA wise. :sad

Any reason why, if I may be so bold?

If anyone wishes to chat I will be on MSN most of the day.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011 13:05 

Chad, if you see this I will be on MSN.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011 14:36 

Ok, so I gotta ask, is there any interest in continuing with the playtest?

If so, can someone please fill me in on how far you got and what has occured in the game?

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011 11:04 

mavikfelna wrote:
I got my turn in but haven't heard anything since I did.

Which turn was that Mav? Maybe we can get this going real soon.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011 02:54 
Corporal
Corporal

Thor,

I'm still in but I'm going to need at least another week before I am ready. Our Project is going up before Government for approval to move onto the next stage of acquisition so things are hectic as all. I will still drop in each day for a few minutes to check and see what is happening.... All I can say is roll on Christmas

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011 09:52 

Gav wrote:
Thor,

I'm still in but I'm going to need at least another week before I am ready. Our Project is going up before Government for approval to move onto the next stage of acquisition so things are hectic as all. I will still drop in each day for a few minutes to check and see what is happening.... All I can say is roll on Christmas

Sure bud, I understand. We will be here. I will just adjust your sheet for you when you are ready to begin again. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next