The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 29 Mar 2024 04:34

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: BTS!: DSA Game 1 Discussion
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2011 21:23 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Mav, since you have not sent me a turn since Monday, should I assume you are not going to be available for a spell?

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2011 00:14 

mavikfelna wrote:
Gah! Yea, sorry. things are crazy. I'll see if I can crank it out tomorrow. It seems like this week just decided it was a good time to explode. But, the wife is heading off to Texas for Christmas tomorrow and I won't have the kids this weekend so I'll definitely have time then.

--Mav

Lol, np bud. I figured you were distracted by something. :bs Just making sure you were ok. :AH

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011 00:50 
Corporal
Corporal

Thor,

There is someone trying to contact you at the Aurora Site. He is interested in joining up but can not register here for some reason also Erik says that your e-mail is bouncing.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011 09:27 

Gav wrote:
Thor,

There is someone trying to contact you at the Aurora Site. He is interested in joining up but can not register here for some reason also Erik says that your e-mail is bouncing.

Gav, thanks for the heads up! :tu

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011 10:33 

@Gav and Mav, I opened a thread up on Aurora about DSA. If you two could provide a bit of input maybe we can drum up some interest. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2011 20:52 

Mav, I looked over your press releases. They are ok, except for one small detail. In '56 Okinawa was still US territory. It was not given back to Japan until 77, IIRC, under the Carter Administration.

So I recommend using Tageshima, the real JAXA launch facility location. I will wait for you to let me know if you are ok with that change before I post your press releases. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011 10:48 

mavikfelna wrote:
You're right. I didn't pay enough attention to that. :)

Tageshima it is.

--Mav

Cool! Change made and press releases posted. :AH

I will get your sheet processed for you today.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011 14:41 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Hey there! Signed up and all, should I send you a PM to ask for the materials? I've got plenty of time to get caught up, so with luck I can hit the ground running.

So, which nations are up for grabs? I assume Japan, the US and the USSR are taken, and possibly Great Britain as well, but are France and China available? Them, or Canada, or whatever seems likely.

I can also do story updates as either serious or not-so-serious, so if you'd prefer one or the other (or not one or not the other) please let me know.

Oh, and thanks Gav for giving Thor the heads up. :tu

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011 16:14 

Tssha wrote:
Hey there! Signed up and all, should I send you a PM to ask for the materials? I've got plenty of time to get caught up, so with luck I can hit the ground running.

So, which nations are up for grabs? I assume Japan, the US and the USSR are taken, and possibly Great Britain as well, but are France and China available? Them, or Canada, or whatever seems likely.

I can also do story updates as either serious or not-so-serious, so if you'd prefer one or the other (or not one or not the other) please let me know.

Oh, and thanks Gav for giving Thor the heads up. :tu

Tssha, Welcome to WoTG.

Go ahead and PM me with the email you use. I will send you the rules to look over. As for nations that are available, The US, USSR, UK, and Japan are in use. So any other you wish is open. :AH

As the other players will tell you, fun for the players is my goal, along with a heavy dose of real sci in my sci fi. :w

So if you wish to use serious press releases that's cool, as is not so serious press releases. The main thing is to have fun, and maybe learn something about the real space race in the process. :bs

As the US I am going to try and recreate actual US launches so I can use the real headlines and details. Like the one I posted for Explorer One. Although I may throw in a fun one every now and then. Such as my running out of funds post.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011 00:10 

Tssha, I sent you the rules. When you are comfortable with them let me know and I will get the French Director's sheet made up for you. :AH

As an FYI, below is a list of all to date French/Euro rocket designs that I could find data on:

Code:
Vehicle     Origin     Manufacturer     Mass to LEO     Mass to other orbits          Launches     Status     First flight     Last flight
                                            (kg)                (kg)           
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ariane 1    Europe     Aérospatiale        1,400            1,830 to GTO                11       Retired        1979             1986 
Ariane 2    Europe     Aérospatiale         NA              2,270 to GTO                 6       Retired        1986             1989
Ariane 3    Europe     Aérospatiale         NA              2,650 to GTO                11       Retired        1984             1989
Ariane 4    Europe     Aérospatiale        7,000            3,480 to GTO                11       Retired        1995             2002 
Ariane 4    Europe     Aérospatiale        6,000            3,400 to GTO                 2       Retired        1990             1992
                                                            2,600 to GEO
Ariane 4 44L H10-3  Europe Aérospatiale    7,000            4,720 to GTO                24       Retired        1995             2003
Ariane 4 44LP H10-3  Europe Aérospatiale   7,000            4,220 to GTO                13       Retired        1995             2001
Ariane 5ECA Europe     EADS Astrium       21,000           10,050 to GTO               220     Operational      2002
Ariane 5ES  Europe     EADS Astrium       21,000            8,000 to GTO                 2     Operational      2008 
Vega        Europe       ESA/ASI           1,500                                         0     Development

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011 00:14 

Mav, below is the same thing for Japan, all the rocket data I could find. Gav, when you are able to join us again I will get up a post for the USSR for you, same goes for you Haegan and the OK.

Code:
Vehicle     Origin     Manufacturer     Mass to LEO     Mass to other orbits          Launches     Status     First flight     Last flight
                                            (kg)                (kg)           
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Epsilon    Japan    IHI Aerospace          1,200                                         0     Development
H-I        Japan      Mitsubishi           3,200             1,100 to GTO                9       Retired        1986              1992
H-IIA 202  Japan      Mitsubishi          10,000             3,800 to GTO                7     Operational      2001
H-IIA 204  Japan      Mitsubishi                             5,800 to GTO                1     Operational      2006
H-IIA 2022 Japan      Mitsubishi           4,200                                         3       Retired        2005              2007
H-IIB 304  Japan      Mitsubishi          19,000             8,000 to GTO                2     Operational      2009
M-V        Japan    Nissan Motors          1,800                                         7       Retired        1997              2006
Mu-3C      Japan    Nissan Motors            195                                         4       Retired        1974              1979
Mu-3H      Japan    Nissan Motors            300                                         3       Retired        1977              1978
Mu-3S      Japan    Nissan Motors            300                                         4       Retired        1980              1984
Mu-3SII    Japan    Nissan Motors            770                                         8       Retired        1985              1995
Mu-4S      Japan    Nissan Motors            180                                         4       Retired        1971              1972
N-I        Japan      Mitsubishi           1,200               360 to GTO                7       Retired        1975              1982
N-II       Japan      Mitsubishi           2,000               730 to GTO                8       Retired        1981              1987

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2011 21:30 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Thanks Thor, I've got the text and I've given it a thorough read-through. It's a lot, but I get the feeling it won't sink in any farther until I get the director's sheet; so feel free to send it. :tu

I've copied the French rocket data to a text file on my computer. Also the Japanese data. Because I can. :e

By the way, are there any solid benefits to putting packages on your satellites that are sent into Earth orbit? Or is it sufficient that they beep?

Also, how much time do I have to make up for?

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011 01:57 

Tssha wrote:
Thanks Thor, I've got the text and I've given it a thorough read-through. It's a lot, but I get the feeling it won't sink in any farther until I get the director's sheet; so feel free to send it. :tu

I've copied the French rocket data to a text file on my computer. Also the Japanese data. Because I can. :e

By the way, are there any solid benefits to putting packages on your satellites that are sent into Earth orbit? Or is it sufficient that they beep?

Also, how much time do I have to make up for?

Believe it or not, most of that document is the equipment descriptions. :bs

As for the data, np. Those are a part of the raw data set I put together for the Historical scenario.

To complete the probe landings you need at least a photo package and comm package. To complete the Interplanetary Probe Landings you need the above and at least one science package. In the next game there will be many more uses for the packages and rockets like the Sounders. :AH

We are on the November 56 Turn. So you are about a year behind. I was thinking, if you are willing, to add you in Jan of 57. I will just give you a one years bonus worth of budget allocations extra.

I will go ahead and send you a sheet to look at so you can familiarize yourself with the data. And when you are ready I will fill out and send you one that is ready for Jan 57.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011 12:09 

@Mav, December's turn has been sent. Sorry about the delay, but those doctor's visits can get tedious and exhausting.

@Gav, any new timeline as to when you can join us again?

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011 15:37 

Mav, now that I have sent your December turn, can you please submit a Year end Playtesters report in the thread for it? This way we can highlight the good and not so good things about the game. :AH

That way we can improve or tweak what is needed.

As an FYI for all of the players and lurkers, at the suggestion of Mav, I have added two new missions, Animal Sub-Orbital and Animal Orbital. These are required Milestones for the manned version of those missions.

Thanks for the ideas bud! :br

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011 17:28 
Corporal
Corporal

I wouldn't mind joining in on this. Any country really, or a corporation if it fits in.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011 19:10 

MrAnderson wrote:
I wouldn't mind joining in on this. Any country really, or a corporation if it fits in.

MrAnderson, welcome to WoTG. :AH

As for joining we are more than happy to have you join. Just PM me your email address and I will send you the rules and a blank Director's sheet to look at while reading the rules. When you are comfortable with them, let me know and I will fill out a Director's Sheet with your chosen nation.

As for which nation, most are still available. So go ahead and pick which ever one you wish. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011 20:36 

MrAnderson, the rules and sheet have been sent. :AH

I look forward to your participation.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011 22:54 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Þórgrímr wrote:
We are on the November 56 Turn. So you are about a year behind. I was thinking, if you are willing, to add you in Jan of 57. I will just give you a one years bonus worth of budget allocations extra.

I will go ahead and send you a sheet to look at so you can familiarize yourself with the data. And when you are ready I will fill out and send you one that is ready for Jan 57.

Cheers, Thor

Sounds good! I'll be ready for that sheet then!

I'll also submit a "France ici" news report/bragging/propaganda piece for the CNES's first launches.

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2011 23:37 
Corporal
Corporal

Done reading the rules, and i'll take whatever nation. Preferably drunken Irish spacemen if they aren't taken.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2011 00:56 

MrAnderson wrote:
Done reading the rules, and i'll take whatever nation. Preferably drunken Irish spacemen if they aren't taken.

I think Ireland would make a good laugh for the regular game, but since there is only Japan in Asia represented, I am going to assign you the PRC. A wee bit more serious. :AH

@Tssha: I look forward to your news post. I figure, if the current playtesters are game, we can begin Jan of 57 on the 26th. So please let me know if you all are ok with that. :AH

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2011 01:20 
Corporal
Corporal

I should have quite a bit of time around then, so sure.

Also, PRC sounds decent.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2011 10:52 

MrAnderson wrote:
I should have quite a bit of time around then, so sure.

Also, PRC sounds decent.

That's cool. :tu

Did you have any questions about the rules? Or were they explained well enough?

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next