The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 19:34

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: BTS!: DSA Game 1 Discussion
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2012 15:53 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

The rules update will include the redone missions, and the inclusion of the resource exchange in the budget office.

If you do not recieve a copy with your turn on Monday, make sure you shout that fact out. :AH

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2012 12:35 

All july turns have been processed. Rules update and August turn sent out. :AH

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2012 13:20 
Private First Class
Private First Class

I gotta say, the new rules and the mission updates are excellent. No more ambiguity about which missions I can launch with my present tech. :r

To the stars!

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2012 13:33 

Tssha wrote:
I gotta say, the new rules and the mission updates are excellent. No more ambiguity about which missions I can launch with my present tech. :r

To the stars!

Thanks bud. That means the hard work paid off in making things easier for the players. :ac

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2012 12:06 

August turns have been processed. September turns sent out. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2012 19:33 
Corporal
Corporal

Yeah, new mission alyout makes it way easier to understand.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012 11:59 

@MrAnderson, glad they are helping out!

All September turns recieved have been processed. October turns sent out.

Still waiting on Sept from Mav.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012 15:36 

mavikfelna wrote:
Returned the turn. Work is again sitting at ridiculous levels so if I fall behind I'll do my best to catch up but feel free to process my turns as needed. Standing orders are basically to proceed at the current pace for things. :)

--Mav

NP bud. I know how work can get. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012 11:43 

All October Turns recieved are processed. November turns sent out. :AH

Still waiting on Oct from Tssha.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012 15:39 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Sorry, I've been sick all week. It's sorta sapped my enthusiasm for a lot of things, and this game got shoved forward a bit.

Then again, I'm glad I waited to do my turn until I'd gotten some sleep. It was a better turn for it. :tu

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012 16:48 

Tssha wrote:
Sorry, I've been sick all week. It's sorta sapped my enthusiasm for a lot of things, and this game got shoved forward a bit.

Then again, I'm glad I waited to do my turn until I'd gotten some sleep. It was a better turn for it. :tu

Sorry to hear about you getting sick, but am glad you are getting better!

For some reason, I cannot DL the sheet you sent. Can you resend it please?

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2012 00:36 
Private First Class
Private First Class

I've resent it. I checked the file, it's still a Microsoft Excel file so let's hope it was just a copying error or a hickup on Google's end (and a one time hickup at that).

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2012 10:29 

Tssha wrote:
I've resent it. I checked the file, it's still a Microsoft Excel file so let's hope it was just a copying error or a hickup on Google's end (and a one time hickup at that).

Dunno what happened. Still says I cannot dl it. But the new one is ok, and processed. :AH

All November turns processed. December turns sent out.

Tssha, if you get me your Nov turn in today we can get you caught up. That damned email snafu got you behind. :vm

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2012 19:00 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Hey, when it comes time to land a craft, even if it's, say, just a probe, do the Photo reconnaissance levels come into play here? Am I also definitely correct in assuming that Satellite Fly-Bys, Impact Probes, and Lander Probes are the only way to increase said levels?

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2012 19:24 

Tssha wrote:
Hey, when it comes time to land a craft, even if it's, say, just a probe, do the Photo reconnaissance levels come into play here? Am I also definitely correct in assuming that Satellite Fly-Bys, Impact Probes, and Lander Probes are the only way to increase said levels?

1.) Yes, photo recon levels are very important to any sort of landing. if you fail that roll, you just added a massive plus to your safety roll for landing.

2.) Yes, that is correct.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2012 19:34 

Tssha, I posted your news item. I hope you do not mind, but I gave it an editor's once over and cleaned it up a bit. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2012 20:41 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Þórgrímr wrote:
Tssha wrote:

1.) Yes, photo recon levels are very important to any sort of landing. if you fail that roll, you just added a massive plus to your safety roll for landing.

2.) Yes, that is correct.

Cheers, Thor

I'm sorry, by massive plus, do you mean massive penalty? As in, penalty to roll? I'm a bit confused by your phrasing, but I think I've sussed out what you meant.

So, in landing, first you roll the photo recon levels, then you roll for the actual landing. If you roll under the photo recon level, all is good, but if you roll over it a penalty is applied to the landing roll, is that correct?

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2012 20:46 

Tssha wrote:
I'm sorry, by massive plus, do you mean massive penalty? As in, penalty to roll? I'm a bit confused by your phrasing, but I think I've sussed out what you meant.

So, in landing, first you roll the photo recon levels, then you roll for the actual landing. If you roll under the photo recon level, all is good, but if you roll over it a penalty is applied to the landing roll, is that correct?

Sorry about that. It means that the die roll made for your landing will have a 30 added to it. So if a normal die roll was 70, you would add 30 to it if you failed your photo recon check, and you just made a new crater on the moon! :bs

If you are not sure of the order, just look at the mission. It tells you the exact order or safety checks. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2012 21:04 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Well, so it does. :st Although, I kinda assumed Photo Reconnaissance was the taking of photos and not relying on photos already collected. So noted. :tu

Turn submitted, prestige assigned.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2012 21:40 

Tssha wrote:
Well, so it does. :st Although, I kinda assumed Photo Reconnaissance was the taking of photos and not relying on photos already collected. So noted. :tu

Turn submitted, prestige assigned.

What the photo recon checks represent is the matching of where your craft is heading aganist what the comp on board has in memory. By the game functions Apollo 11 failed its photo recon check and had a failure in the LEM on landing, and would have failed as a mission if not for Neil Armstrong piloting the LEM manually to a landing.

See, safety checks and 'naut skills have a reason for being! :w :bs

The two failed checks:

Photo Recon:
As the descent began, Armstrong and Aldrin found that they were passing landmarks on the surface 4 seconds early and reported that they were "long": they would land miles west of their target point.

LEM Safety Check Failure:
Five minutes into the descent burn, and 6,000 feet (1,800 m) above the surface of the Moon, the LEM navigation and guidance computer distracted the crew with the first of several unexpected "1202" and "1201" program alarms. The program alarms indicated "executive overflows", meaning the guidance computer could not complete all of its tasks in real time and had to postpone some of them.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012 19:02 

All December turns processed. January 59 turns sent out. :AH

It is that time again. Tester reports are due. I will need all of you to answer the following questions in your reports:

1.) Do you review each sheet before doing your orders? Or are there sheets you do not use? Give reasons why you do not use them please.

2.) What do you like best about the game? Give reasons please.

3.) What do you dislike the most? Give reasons please.

4.) What would you add or subtract from the game if you could?

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2012 12:41 

Guys, good reports so far. Thank you very much! :br :r

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012 09:52 

I am still waiting on Mav's tester report before I send out the Feb turns. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next