The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 29 Mar 2024 05:32

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: DSA Game Two Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012 09:20 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

MrAnderson wrote:
Went to sleep before I got the turn, sent it in now.

Thanks bud. Also, as a friendly suggestion, you may wish to check your email more than once a day. :AH

Since I tend to ask questions and submit updates throughout the day.

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012 09:59 

Ok guys, Still waiting on Mav, Axner, and MrAnderson for September. Gav's September sheet has been processed.

Get em in ASAP. :AH

Also, please remember, we are going to be doing at least 1 turn a day.

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012 11:42 

Mav, you sent me August by mistake, I need September. :AH

Still waiting on Axner's September Turn.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012 13:22 

All September turns have been processed and October's turn has been sent. Except for Axner. Still waiting for him to complete his test and get home to process his turn. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012 14:29 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Þórgrímr wrote:
All September turns have been processed and October's turn has been sent. Except for Axner. Still waiting for him to complete his test and get home to process his turn. :bs

Cheers, Thor

My turns in. The test went easier then I thought it would. :tu

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2012 15:30 

Axner wrote:
My turns in. The test went easier then I thought it would. :tu

Glad to hear your test went better than you expected. :AH

All September turns have been processed and the October turns have been sent.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2012 10:48 

Still waiting on Mav's October turn. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2012 22:37 

mavikfelna wrote:
my email is being quirky. Did you get my Oct turn? I sent it yesterday at noon.

--Mav

Believe it or not, I just got it a few minutes ago. I did not recieve anything yesterday.

And if you sent it yesterday, that is weird it taking this long to get to me. :ad

Is your ISP holding up your email for some reason?

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2012 12:02 

I was able to process Gav's and MrAnderson's turn, but Mav and Axner sent me the wrong sheet. So I am waiting on them to respond and send me the correct sheets. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2012 17:03 

The October INN newspost is up and it is a biggie, due to some intense events this month. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2012 17:44 
Corporal
Corporal

Looks like we're going to have to write up our year-end reports soon. I have to say, i'm starting to like this game more than the last one, though the lack of launches from everyone else makes me feel sad.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2012 17:49 

Ok guys, there seems to still be too much confusion as to how to write a launch order. So I will give another example below. :AH

Launch Date / Mission Type / Lifting Body / Hardware Included / Pad Used
12 October 57 / Orbital Satellite / LEO Rocket / Orb Sat - Comm Pack / Pad B

If you follow this formula there will be no question in the GM's mind as to what your mission is. I will wait til next week, and then after that any launch orders not using that format will be aborted. I am spending way too much time trying to decipher what type of mission the launches are. :AH

I need every player to post and acknowledge having read this post. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2012 17:51 

MrAnderson wrote:
Looks like we're going to have to write up our year-end reports soon. I have to say, i'm starting to like this game more than the last one, though the lack of launches from everyone else makes me feel sad.

Well, I can guarantee next year will be a bit busier. :bs I see Japan entering the race, and beginning in Jan, as a not racer, but a participant, the US - me - will be entering the arena. :ac

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2012 17:54 

All October turns have been processed, and the November turns have been sent. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012 03:13 
Corporal
Corporal

Þórgrímr wrote:
Ok guys, there seems to still be too much confusion as to how to write a launch order. So I will give another example below. :AH

Launch Date / Mission Type / Hardware Included / Pad Used
12 October 57 / Orbital Satellite / Orb Sat - Comm Pack / Pad B

If you follow this formula there will be no question in the GM's mind as to what your mission is. I will wait til next week, and then after that any launch orders not using that format will be aborted. I am spending way too much time trying to decipher what type of mission the launches are. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Thor,

You might want to include lifting body in the orders since we have a nice variety of rockets to use ... LEO/MEO etc ...

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012 04:51 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Þórgrímr wrote:

Launch Date / Mission Type / Hardware Included / Pad Used
12 October 57 / Orbital Satellite / Orb Sat - Comm Pack / Pad B

Cheers, Thor

Alrighty. I shall start trying to go by this formula now. :tu

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012 07:10 
Corporal
Corporal

I've been using that except for the pad, and I just schedule the next launch 10 days after in the same month. Though I can see it becoming confusing if I get another one or two pads, so I suppose i'll do that from now on.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012 10:22 

MrAnderson wrote:
I've been using that except for the pad, and I just schedule the next launch 10 days after in the same month. Though I can see it becoming confusing if I get another one or two pads, so I suppose i'll do that from now on.

@ MrAnderson it may seem nitpicky, but using a standardized format makes processing orders much easier. And if you use a standard then it must be used by all participants to be effective. :AH

@Gav, you are absolutely correct bud. I forgot to put on the lifting body. Will correct the example ASAP! Thanks bud! :r

Launch Order format has been updated.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012 10:29 

Axner, your last email did not have your November turn attached. I need you to send that to me ASAP. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012 13:00 

All November turns, excpet for Axner's, has been processed and the December Turns have been sent out. :AH

The November INN News post is up.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012 17:23 

mavikfelna wrote:
Ok, got the new order format. will begin using it immediately.

Also, I really have to wonder what my brain is thinking some days when I look at my orders. :)

--Mav

Lol, yep. And times that by all players and a GM can scratch his head for a long time deciphering the orders. :ad :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012 17:52 
Corporal
Corporal

Looks like the Ruskies got some launches off, and it's about time to alert the world to my imminent nucle- err... colonization of space. Making a flavour post.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012 18:25 

MrAnderson wrote:
Looks like the Ruskies got some launches off, and it's about time to alert the world to my imminent nucle- err... colonization of space. Making a flavour post.

Thats the spirit bud! Stick a thumb in the eye of the Russkies! And good fluff post BTW, nice and arrogant. :gl

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next