The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 19 Mar 2024 01:41

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: DSA Game Two Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012 14:11 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

In case anybody is wondering what I have been doing with my time since Mav took over as the GM, I have completed many works that really needed to be completed. Below is the list of things finished.

1. A Timeline, which weighs in around 68K words, that covers the period of 2540 to the beginning of the Denevan War in 2701. It focuses on the Terran-Roman Cold war that, after the conclusion of the Denevan, Terran-Numerian, and Armageddon Wars, resulted in the collapse of the Roman Republic.

2. Stellar Cartography. A system of how, in BTS!, you can track where ANY star system in the galaxy is located at.

3. Terran Armored Cavalry, The Horse Soldiers of the Stars. My homage to the American horse cavalry of the old west, and how it is used similarly on the Terran Frontier worlds.

So, as you can see, Mav's taking over as GM, once again thanks bud!!! :br, has allowed me to concentrate on these items to complete them. :bs

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012 14:37 

mavikfelna wrote:
I'm glad to do it. All your projects are full of good stuff so give you time to work on them is a good thing. :tu

I am sorry to add though, my wife and I have both taken a turn for the worst, though the baby is getting better. So turns may be delayed on Saturday but hopefully we'll all be on the mend by then.

--Mav

The first priority is for you and your family to get well. All else is not even relevant.

When you feel good enough to process the turns is ok.

I think you will like the Terran ACR and Stellar Cartography docs quite a bit. If there is any interest I will post the Terran ACR doc on WotG. :AH

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 01 May 2012 17:30 

mavikfelna wrote:
April turns sent out for Canada and USSR. have not received march for PRC.

On a non-game related note, We're all getting better at home. I managed to return to work today and I'm mostly surviving it.

And some very good news. My wife is pregnant. With TWINS! OMG I'm so flabbergasted I don't really know what to think. We've been very worried she was going to miscarry again but she had an ultrasound yesterday that confirmed two good heartbeats. We hadn't even thought of twins before yesterday.

--Mav

Glad to hear you are feeling better bud!

And congrats on becoming a daddy again! :bs Only this time you will have twice the 'love' of raising two kids! :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 02 May 2012 12:25 

mavikfelna wrote:
I have to admit, having twins was the last thing I expected to happen. I'm really not sure how we're going to survive this, financially or emotionally, but I'm still thrilled for my wife to finally have a pregnancy start out well.

And my wife still won't let me pick baby names. :mrgreen: I mean, what's wrong Xyphus? or Mahamrhai?

--Mav

Lol, with choices like that I don't blame her! :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 04 May 2012 22:43 
Corporal
Corporal

I am back. Now with the remaining parts of my old computer strewn across my desk. I should really smash that motherboard with a hammer for the amount of pain it caused me. Oh, I should tell you what happened. My motherboard got fried from a power surge (Curse you old motherboards without surge protection!) and I had to get a new computer. That'd be the one I'm using now. Now I have to rig my old hard drive up and transfer half a TB of data. All in all, next few days are going to be rather busy.

Anyway, I need the turn, never got it in my email apparently.

PostPosted: 05 May 2012 12:34 

MrAnderson wrote:
I am back. Now with the remaining parts of my old computer strewn across my desk. I should really smash that motherboard with a hammer for the amount of pain it caused me. Oh, I should tell you what happened. My motherboard got fried from a power surge (Curse you old motherboards without surge protection!) and I had to get a new computer. That'd be the one I'm using now. Now I have to rig my old hard drive up and transfer half a TB of data. All in all, next few days are going to be rather busy.

Anyway, I need the turn, never got it in my email apparently.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your computer. Those things suk bigtime! :ve

The last time I had a hdd failure I lost valuable data concerning BTS! Some of which I have not been able to reconstitute. :vm

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 10 May 2012 07:24 
Corporal
Corporal

This is the time where things are going to get interesting. Although Canada has a massive lead in prestige, we might be able to catch up with them if we do things carefully. Also writing a flavour post right now. Everyone else, is China the only country with a newspaper?

PostPosted: 10 May 2012 07:55 

MrAnderson wrote:
This is the time where things are going to get interesting. Although Canada has a massive lead in prestige, we might be able to catch up with them if we do things carefully. Also writing a flavour post right now. Everyone else, is China the only country with a newspaper?

Mr Anderson, remember the last game. The US had a massive lead, until the USSR put a man in orbit. Leads can be overcome, by proper tactics, and a few risks. :bs

As for the other players, I would like to see some flavor posts from them too!

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 18 May 2012 12:59 

mavikfelna wrote:
June turns are out. Sorry for the delay. Much stress and some severe depression are making it hard for me to get much of anything done. Also, massive house cleaning to do this weekend so I probably won't get the next turns done until next week.

Thanks,
--Mav

Thanks for the heads up bud. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 18 May 2012 13:12 
Corporal
Corporal

Aww, one of my rockets is now a thin metallic powder floating around in the atmosphere. Suppose I should write a event post.

PostPosted: 18 May 2012 13:33 

MrAnderson wrote:
Aww, one of my rockets is now a thin metallic powder floating around in the atmosphere. Suppose I should write a event post.

LoL, you are playing a commie nation. When have you ever seen a commie admit a mistake or failure? :w But I do appreciate the effort! :tu

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 18 May 2012 17:45 
Corporal
Corporal

Yes, perhaps I should have the entire research team executed for being American spies, or say it's been shot down by a Canadian infra-red laser satellite.

PostPosted: 18 May 2012 19:39 

MrAnderson wrote:
Yes, perhaps I should have the entire research team executed for being American spies, or say it's been shot down by a Canadian infra-red laser satellite.

There ya go! That's the proper Chicom 'tude! :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 22 May 2012 19:55 

Ok guys, I have to apologize for the molasses in winter pace of the GMing. And since I need to get a playtest completed sometime before the next ice age, I am gonna have Haegan GM a game on the Game forum Grogheads. It is full of gamers who may play.

So if any of the current players wish to participate sing out and I will let you know when the game will begin.

Again, I apologize to all of the players who have been frustrated by the lack of turns since the game began in February. :AE

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 23 May 2012 05:10 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Þórgrímr wrote:
Ok guys, I have to apologize for the molasses in winter pace of the GMing. And since I need to get a playtest completed sometime before the next ice age, I am gonna have Haegan GM a game on the Game forum Grogheads. It is full of gamers who may play.

So if any of the current players wish to participate sing out and I will let you know when the game will begin.

Again, I apologize to all of the players who have been frustrated by the lack of turns since the game began in February. :AE

Wasn't frustrated at all. I understand that real life gets in the way. Considering in about three weeks I probably won't be able to get any turns in (or anything that involves anything I should say) because I've got exams coming up.. ANYWAY! I'm definitely still in! :tu So sign me up. :bs

PostPosted: 23 May 2012 10:02 

Axner wrote:

Wasn't frustrated at all. I understand that real life gets in the way. Considering in about three weeks I probably won't be able to get any turns in (or anything that involves anything I should say) because I've got exams coming up.. ANYWAY! I'm definitely still in! :tu So sign me up. :bs

Will do bud. It will prolly be a couple of days but I will keep you in the loop. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 23 May 2012 21:21 

mavikfelna wrote:
Sorry about this. I'll keep this game going if you'd like, just so you have some more input.

Also, I was offline for a couple of days reinstalling my machine so that hasn't helped.

Thanks,
--Mav

Mav, sure, that is fine, and I do appreciate that. :AH

And please, do not take my post the wrong way. I know bad things happen to folks, it's just that if I cannot get the game tested, I cannot publish it. I will not attach my, or my company's name to a bug-filled piece o' crap. Too many of those all ready choke the market.

As an FYI, My being able to concentrate on my writing I have finished my third book and I am now in the process of editing it. So, your help is hugely appreciated. :tu

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next