The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 18 Mar 2024 22:40

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: DSA Game Two Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2012 11:50 
Private

Where can i found a list of the available nations? Italy would be perfect.

And please, let me begin from the beginning and with beginning tech. If you can't doesn't matter, but with this is more likely that i can suggest improvements to the whole game.

Thanks.

Doc

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2012 13:13 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

TheDOC wrote:
Where can i found a list of the available nations? Italy would be perfect.

And please, let me begin from the beginning and with beginning tech. If you can't doesn't matter, but with this is more likely that i can suggest improvements to the whole game.

Thanks.

Doc

Italy will be fine. I DL'ed their flag and space agency logo in anticipation of your request. :AH

Sure, I can do that, once we begin again. :AH

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012 07:25 
Private

When you'll finish the book? At about, i know a writer doesn't know when the book will be finished.

Also, is the book available only in USA (eg.) or worldwide?

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012 09:05 

TheDOC wrote:
When you'll finish the book? At about, i know a writer doesn't know when the book will be finished.

Also, is the book available only in USA (eg.) or worldwide?

It's in the final editing phase now, so it is real close, I estimate a week or so.

All of my books are available through Amazon USA, UK, and Europe. Just do a search for Kenneth Dickinson.

In both kindle and dead tree editions. :AH

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012 18:15 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Welcome TheDOC!

Ken and I are really excited about adding you to the beta testers! To date, most of the beta testers have been able to make suggestions that have resulted in changes and/or additions to the rules. We find that each person brings their own experience and thoughts to the table and the game has been much the richer for it!

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012 19:26 

TheDOC, if you are interested Haegan and I have been thinking about your offer, and if you are interested PM me, we may have a task for you, and it would help us very much. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2012 22:09 

Folks, I have some very bad news, one of my true heroes died today. :cry

Neil Armstrong, the first Human to walk on another world, died today from cardiovascular complications after having bypass surgery earlier this month.

I was seven years old when I saw Neil take that small step for a man, and the giant leap for Mankind. Ever since then I have been fascinated by space and science. He inspired me to learn all I could, and keep up to date on space science.

He was a true hero, he always gave the credit for his moonwalk to others, and never crowed or took advantage of his fame. In point of fact he was a soft spoken and private man, never injecting himself into anything public, leaving that to others.

Even though Neil was a man who kept away from cameras, he went public in 2010 with his concerns about the current administration's space policy that shifted attention away from a return to the moon and emphasized private companies developing spaceships.

He testified before Congress, and in an email to The Associated Press, Neil said that he had "substantial reservations," and along with more than two dozen Apollo-era veterans, he signed a letter calling the plan a "misguided proposal that forces NASA out of human space operations for the foreseeable future."

God bless you Neil, I know you will be waiting for us when we humans finally visit other worlds in the future.

Neil is taking another small step today.

You will be missed. Semper Fi Neil.

Cheers, Thor

Attachments:
Neil_Armstrong_pose.jpg
Neil_Armstrong_pose.jpg [ 593.44 KiB | Viewed 16882 times ]

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2012 18:26 

Guys, I have been giving it a lot of thought and I have come to the following conclusion, it would not be worth it to continue with the playtest until Haegan finishes the program.

The program will make the excel sheets obsolete and as such we will continue the testing once the program is finished. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2012 10:14 

Well, I suppose I cannot put this off any longer. :fr

Due to a summer that was physically, financially, and emotionally, draining, I am forced to suspend my cable and internet subscription for as much as four months beginning October 1st.

I will not go into the details, but Haegan has known about the ordeal from the beginning. If you wish to know what happened PM him and ask.

I hope you folks will stick around, but I will understand if you move on to other things that interest you.

God bless, and thanks for all of your encouraging words and deeds. This is going to be the longest four months of my life.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2012 23:26 
Corporal
Corporal

[quote="mavikfelna"]Good luck and God bless Ken. I hope you can get through this and come back all the stronger. You're a great guy and a good dad so make the most of the time you have.

--Mav

PS yes, I'm using common platitudes but it is heartfelt. I mean it, be well and give 'em hell!

Ditto for me ... we can wait and I'm not going anyware. !

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2012 09:44 

Guys, your words mean more than you can know. With a deep, heartfelt thank you I appreciate your words of support! :r

While I may be absent, I will not be idle. I have begun work on a new book, this one is inspired by DSA and the death of Neil Armstrong, while at the same time I will also be working on the Final War Rules set.

Hopefully Haegan will continue to work on the DSA program and finish it off before I get back. If he does finish the program before I get back, hopefully he will send it out to you guys for testing. :AH

I think I will post a teaser of the new book I am writing, just to give you folks an idea of where I am going to go with it. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2012 12:12 

Well, I am back. By selling a couple of my old wargames, Return to Europe by Ad Technos, and an unpunched, unplayed, copy of SPI's 1976 War in Europe, I managed to get my debts paid off early.

So I am now here again to pester you all. :bs

Please sound off if you are still available to participate. Also, look around the site, I have posted elsewhere too.

Cheers, Thor.

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2012 19:13 
Corporal
Corporal

Þórgrímr wrote:
Well, I am back. By selling a couple of my old wargames, Return to Europe by Ad Technos, and an unpunched, unplayed, copy of SPI's 1976 War in Europe, I managed to get my debts paid off early.

So I am now here again to pester you all. :bs

Please sound off if you are still available to participate. Also, look around the site, I have posted elsewhere too.

Cheers, Thor.

Welcome Back Thor !

Do you still have the same E-mail address ?

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2012 20:08 

Gav wrote:
Welcome Back Thor !

Do you still have the same E-mail address ?

Yeah. Since it was a planned shut off they gave me back my old addy once we hooked back up.

But my Messenger Email has changed, it is now KenDickinson@hotmail.com

Use this if you wish to converse on Windows Live Messenger. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2012 23:09 
Corporal
Corporal

I haven't been lurking this past week, welcome back!I've recently got my hands on a Black Crusade Core Rulebook, me and 5 other friends are now doing a campaign, with me as the GM. Last session was very succesful, though it mostly focused around combat. Now I'm trying to show the other players that there's more than just fighting to it, and the next session will be played tomorrow.

Also, with Christmas break coming up soon, I'll be having quite a bit of free time. I've checked out mos the new posts, how are you guys doing?

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2012 10:21 

MrAnderson wrote:
I haven't been lurking this past week, welcome back!I've recently got my hands on a Black Crusade Core Rulebook, me and 5 other friends are now doing a campaign, with me as the GM. Last session was very succesful, though it mostly focused around combat. Now I'm trying to show the other players that there's more than just fighting to it, and the next session will be played tomorrow.

Also, with Christmas break coming up soon, I'll be having quite a bit of free time. I've checked out mos the new posts, how are you guys doing?

Congrats on your campaign! Glad to see you are enjoying yourself. :AH I am doing, relatively speaking, ok. Been better, and been worse. :bs

Have you seen the posts in the other forums yet?

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2012 19:33 
Corporal
Corporal

Yeah, I've read the new posts. I see you've made another game, and BTS seems to be coming together fairly steadily.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2012 21:35 

MrAnderson wrote:
Yeah, I've read the new posts. I see you've made another game, and BTS seems to be coming together fairly steadily.

Actually, Lords of the Milky Way is one of my older designs. It was in design before any other game was. I have just now finished the design with a new rewrite.

Did you get a chance to read the official BTS! Universe background?

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2012 14:35 
Corporal
Corporal

I really need to make sure I click "submit" instead of "preview"

Anyways, the history looks good. I think I actually read it before, but I have to go to school now, I'll finish the rest of the post after that.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2012 19:19 

MrAnderson wrote:
I really need to make sure I click "submit" instead of "preview"

Anyways, the history looks good. I think I actually read it before, but I have to go to school now, I'll finish the rest of the post after that.

The history I am referring to is the new one I have posted in the BTS! Playtest forum. :AH Nobody but Haegan has seen this, until I posted it. Even then, Haegan had only seen about a third of it. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2012 01:13 
Corporal
Corporal

I can't seem to find the playtesters forum that you're referring to. I've looked through the BTS! and Dawn of the Space Age forums but can't find anything about it.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2012 11:21 

MrAnderson wrote:
I can't seem to find the playtesters forum that you're referring to. I've looked through the BTS! and Dawn of the Space Age forums but can't find anything about it.

The tester's forum is hidden. The reason it is hidden is that this is where I post things for BTS! that I do not wish to be made public. So, if you wish, I will add you to the group needed to access it. Just let me know one way or the other. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2012 22:07 
Corporal
Corporal

Sure, I'll take a look.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2012 23:42 

MrAnderson wrote:
Sure, I'll take a look.

And you are approved. :AH All I ask is that nothing you see in that forum is to be taken out of that forum. Either discussed, or written.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14