The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 19 Mar 2024 02:53

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: DSA Game Two Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2012 12:42 
Corporal
Corporal

Made another flavor post, first time one of my rockets actually completely blown up :/

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2012 12:54 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

MrAnderson wrote:
Made another flavor post, first time one of my rockets actually completely blown up :/

You're doing real good bud! And yeah, them booms suk! But are part of the risk. :bs

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2012 14:45 
Corporal
Corporal

Also guys, did all your newspaper factories blow up or something, because I am the only one doing agency reports...

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2012 19:52 

MrAnderson wrote:
Also guys, did all your newspaper factories blow up or something, because I am the only one doing agency reports...

I agree!! :bs

I think the GM should also contribute some fluff too! Ya know, to motivate his players? :w

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2012 12:55 

Axner, I just had a conversation with Mav, and he tells me that you are sending up a Satellite without having a Sat facility constructed. While this is, technically, ok, without a sat fac built you are just wasting resources.

Satellites only become valuable when you are able to track, and recieve data, from them. The Satellite facility represents setting up a network of satellite tracking facilities around the world. FOr example, the Sat fac in Australia was the first to recieve the telemetry and footage from the moon and Apollo 11 since the US based tracking locations were in the wrong positions at the time.

So, without the sat fac built you cannot track your satellites, and in so doing cannot improve your Satellite skills and safety. It also prevents you from claiming the prestige for the first sat in orbit due to not having the fac, which also prevents you from running ANY sort of satellite mission to the moon or the planets.

So do yourself a favor and build your Satellite Facility. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012 05:18 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Whoops :AE I didn't know that one. I never built one because I figured that I didn't need to build one until after I launched one, Can't imagine what could have possibly given me that thought. xD But I will definitely be building one of those. :tu Dang. A wasted a satellite. :P

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012 10:43 

Axner wrote:
Whoops :AE I didn't know that one. I never built one because I figured that I didn't need to build one until after I launched one, Can't imagine what could have possibly given me that thought. xD But I will definitely be building one of those. :tu Dang. A wasted a satellite. :P

Lol, no problems my friend! It happens to the best of gamers! :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2012 00:11 

mavikfelna wrote:
Dec. Turns are out! Please let me know if you didn't get yours.

Also, year end playtest reports are due from all players.

And we also have a first prestige. "beep beep beep"

--Mav

Mav, do me a favor and every time you process a turn and send out the next one, please leave a post here. Last I heard you folks were still in September. :ad

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2012 07:16 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Well the more you know! :st Never realized that every year your entire budget gets increased by what it was originally :bs That is a complete relief!

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2012 15:28 

Axner wrote:
Well the more you know! :st Never realized that every year your entire budget gets increased by what it was originally :bs That is a complete relief!

Yep, your budget will increase, or fall, by an amount determined by your loss or gain of Prestige Points for the year. So getting prestige points is the key to winning, and increasing your budget. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2012 18:06 

mavikfelna wrote:
My apologies for not getting a turn out yesterday. I will likely not get it out tonight either.

Primary reason is that I became a grandpa on Tuesday morning. :)

Secondary is between work, house, and dealing with our upcoming child custody court date I have been totally swamped.

Thanks for your patience.

--Mav

Congrats on becoming a grandpa 'old man'! :w :bs Tell Chris and his wife I said congrats!

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012 17:21 
Corporal
Corporal

mavikfelna wrote:
My apologies for not getting a turn out yesterday. I will likely not get it out tonight either.

Primary reason is that I became a grandpa on Tuesday morning. :)

Congrats this end as well. At least with Grand kids , you can always give them back at the end of the day !

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012 21:50 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Grats Mav!

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2012 22:11 
Corporal
Corporal

Accidentally overlooked the email because it was labeled November so I thought it was old, but it was February. Going to write up another fluff post, and remember, the rabbit doesn't always win the race.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012 00:18 

MrAnderson wrote:
Accidentally overlooked the email because it was labeled November so I thought it was old, but it was February. Going to write up another fluff post, and remember, the rabbit doesn't always win the race.

Agreed, look at the lead the Soviet Union took in the real Space Race, and we all know how that one turned out. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012 10:06 

It has been nine days since the last turn was posted. Are the turns still being processed?

Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012 12:35 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Þórgrímr wrote:
It has been nine days since the last turn was posted. Are the turns still being processed?

Thor

I haven't received anything. I've been checking almost everyday. So nothing yet.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012 18:15 
Private First Class
Private First Class

mavikfelna wrote:
My apologies, I and pretty much everyone at home has been sick and I have gotten behind on everything. I will hopefully get turns out tonight. Sorry for dropping out without notice.

--Mav

Real life is main priority. So its understandable. :AH I had enough time to get better from being sick myself in that time period, so its perfectly fine. :tu

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012 20:14 

mavikfelna wrote:
My apologies, I and pretty much everyone at home has been sick and I have gotten behind on everything. I will hopefully get turns out tonight. Sorry for dropping out without notice.

--Mav

Mav, np bud. We all get sick now and again. Just wondering, and thanks for the heads up. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next