The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 19 Apr 2024 09:05

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: DSA Game Two Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012 18:52 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

All December turns, except for Axner's, has been processed and the Jan turns sent out.

All players who have recieved their Jan turns, a Playtester's report is due. Time to pay the piper. :w :bs

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2012 22:32 

All December turns have now been processed and all Jan turns sent out.

So far MrAnderson has posted his Year End Report. Waiting on the others. :AH

Will post December's Newsfax tomorrow.

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2012 09:50 

All Year End Reports are in except for Mav's. I still need his report before Jan gets processed. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2012 12:37 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Ken, as for orders...

I understood this perfectly!

Meo, E109, 59-4, cap, 2

Sigh, why can't the GM just be a mind reader?!? :bs

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2012 12:40 

haegan2007 wrote:
Ken, as for orders...

Meo, E109, 59-4, cap, 2

And this is why you do not get to play with the other children! :ve :bs

And as for bad luck, I had a catastrophic failure on my first try to launch a satellite. :ad if it were not for bad luck...

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2012 12:41 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Þórgrímr wrote:
haegan2007 wrote:
Ken, as for orders...

Meo, E109, 59-4, cap, 2

And this is why you do not get to play with the other children! :ve :bs

And as for bad luck, I had a catastrophic failure on my first try to launch a satellite. :ad if it were not for bad luck...

Cheers, Thor

LAMO!

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2012 10:15 

It is going to take me a bit longer to process the sheets today. I forgot to fill in the stats section in the Intel Office. And with any Intel gains today it will make it harder. :ad

So I have to get that done ASAP!

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2012 14:50 

Ok guys, All Jan turns have been processed, and all Feb turns have been sent out.

In case I left it off of anybody's sheet, everybody's Intel Office has been updated. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2012 16:28 

January's Newsfax has been posted.

Also, is there any questions, now that that Jan has been processed, such as why the PP totals are the way they are? :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2012 20:31 
Corporal
Corporal

How did the USSR jump from 6 to 31 prestige in 1 month :/

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2012 01:04 

MrAnderson wrote:
How did the USSR jump from 6 to 31 prestige in 1 month :/

Not one month, for one year. He has been doing what I have been suggesting since the first game. He has been running Orb Sat Missions for extra prestige. Run two or three of those a turn, and the PP's can build up real fast.

Now Japan, they managed to squeeze in a few launches in the last month of the year. Like I said, Japan is gonna jump into this race with both feet. :AH

I have been telling folks about the extra missions for PP's since the last game. I am pretty sure if you go back and reread the posts in that game thread you will see me saying that. :AH

Cheers, Thor.

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2012 11:01 

I have processed Gav and MrAnderson' Feb turns and have sent out their March turn. Still waiting on Mav and Axner's turns. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2012 12:45 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Ken has a point about regularly scheduling sat launches, but! The same is true of any capability that the player ca use repeatedly. The first and second people who are able to do a type of launch first get the most PP, but even they can benefit by continuing to launch the same mission.

Just because someone else has gained the large PP bonus from being the first to launch an Orbital Satellite, do a Manned Lunar Landing, and create a Manned Lunar Outpost, I can still get PP for each of these that I do, it just does not net me as much. In the last game i was running 2 orbital Sats a month until i had my other pads built. Then i could still afford three per month up till the end of the year. That was a nice net increase in Research, let me tell you!

PP is used to increase your budgets. Generally, early in the game, PP should be spent on increasing your basic research budget as that tends to run out the fastest. As I am sure most of you have noticed! :bs

Last edited by haegan2007 on 07 Jun 2012 12:55, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2012 12:49 

The February Newsfax is up. :AH

Haegan has hit the proverbial nail on the head. So, if you do not wish to listen to me, consider what he is saying. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012 11:09 

Finished MrAnderson and Gav's March turns, and sent out their April turns. :AH

As of now, Mav and Axner are 2 turns behind.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012 18:05 
Corporal
Corporal

While we're talking about spamming orbital satellite missions for prestige, I'm starting to get curious about interplanetary satellite missions. They are more expensive, and carry more risk due to there being more parts/steps, but are quite a bit more meaty in prestige, so I'd like to see if people will take that risk or just stay with orbital satellites.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012 18:18 

MrAnderson wrote:
While we're talking about spamming orbital satellite missions for prestige, I'm starting to get curious about interplanetary satellite missions. They are more expensive, and carry more risk due to there being more parts/steps, but are quite a bit more meaty in prestige, so I'd like to see if people will take that risk or just stay with orbital satellites.

In the last Game Tssha was going the IP route, and by the time we called it he alrady had sats winging to Mars, Venus, and Mercury. He was all set to rake in some HUGE PP's.

So, yes it is a way to garner major PP's. But never lose the focus that to win the game you have to be the first to man a Lunar Colony. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012 23:40 

mavikfelna wrote:
I haven't seen anything turn wise. Can you resend my last?

--Mav

Ok. Your email still messing up?

EDIT: Feb turn resent.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2012 09:44 

mavikfelna wrote:
Back to you. I found this one in the spam filter but not the previous so I'm not sure what's going on.

Between plumbing issues, baby kittens, work emergencies and my 10 year old turning 11, it's been a crazy week. I think it's a conspiracy. :)

--Mav

Lol, yeah sounds like it has been a hectic week! :bs I will get it processed ASAP.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2012 12:30 
Private First Class
Private First Class

I was never sent my March turn? I sent in my Feb turn but I'm guessing it never went through. I'll send it again just in case. :s

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2012 12:35 

Axner wrote:
I was never sent my March turn? I sent in my Feb turn but I'm guessing it never went through. I'll send it again just in case. :s

In my sent file I have it going out to you on the 6th. I will send it to you again. I do not need your copy, since I have it processed already. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2012 12:39 

Actually, I need your Feb turn, I was looking in the wrong folder. All I have there is the Feb turn I sent to you. I never got your march turn.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2012 13:20 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Þórgrímr wrote:
Actually, I need your Feb turn, I was looking in the wrong folder. All I have there is the Feb turn I sent to you. I never got your march turn.

Cheers, Thor

That's what I meant cause I sent you my filled out Feb turn already but it seems it never made it. lol So my email is being wonky or something. :/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next