The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 13:03

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: DSA Game Two Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2012 16:00 
Corporal
Corporal

Ok guys, I'm back. Give me a day to catch up with all the stuff that has been happening and I'll be ready to continue.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2012 16:04 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Gav wrote:
Ok guys, I'm back. Give me a day to catch up with all the stuff that has been happening and I'll be ready to continue.

Welcome back bud! There were a couple of rules changes while you were away, so keep an eye out for those as you read the posts. :AH

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2012 16:30 
Corporal
Corporal

Can you e-mail me a copy of the rules !

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2012 17:13 
Corporal
Corporal

I havn't been getting many emails lately...

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2012 15:19 

I am assuming your gents are now into July, so I went ahead and posted the Non-space news.

Now, these are not as detailed as I had been posting before, for The Game of Nations and BTS!.

Once the game is ready to publish I will run a game that will become canon for the Gunnyverse and in so being, the non space posts will be numerous and detailed. So keep that lil' fact in mind if you wish to be part of that game. :w

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2012 10:47 

How many turns were processed last weekend?

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2012 11:54 

Gentlemen, I have just spoken with Mav, and he informed me that ONLY Gav and Mr Anderson had turned in their turns. As of today, only Axner has turned in his turn.

It has been 2 months and less than 7 turns have been completed. So, the ones who are dragging their feet has forced my hand, and gentlemen, I am VERY serious about the following.

Quote:
If a player does not turn in a sheet within 3 days of recieving it from the GM, he will process the turn without them. If a player falls 4 turns in the rears, they are out of the game.

A notification by ALL players that they have read and acknowledge this post IS REQUIRED. If a player does not respond to this post within 3 days, they will be removed from the game.

Thorgrimm

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2012 12:41 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I can see where Ken is coming from. It simply is not fair to a GM to keep a spot open indefinitely. If you have decided that this is no longer of interest to you, please let Mav know so he is not waiting on you.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2012 05:10 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Well I've looked at the new rules and I am perfectly fine with them! I say they work rather well. :tu As for:

Þórgrímr wrote:
Gentlemen, I have just spoken with Mav, and he informed me that ONLY Gav and Mr Anderson had turned in their turns. As of today, only Axner has turned in his turn.

It has been 2 months and less than 7 turns have been completed. So, the ones who are dragging their feet has forced my hand, and gentlemen, I am VERY serious about the following.

Quote:
If a player does not turn in a sheet within 3 days of recieving it from the GM, he will process the turn without them. If a player falls 4 turns in the rears, they are out of the game.

A notification by ALL players that they have read and acknowledge this post IS REQUIRED. If a player does not respond to this post within 3 days, they will be removed from the game.

Thorgrimm

I perfectly understand where this is coming from. And I will do my best to keep up despite other things. I'm definitely still in I've just had a lot of stuff going on lately. But I can see how this is a necessary move.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2012 10:47 

Axner, thanks bud. :AH

I know things happen in real life, but this is getting ridicilous. It has been 2 months and not even 7 turns have been finished. Mav posted that if folks got in their turns over the weekend he could have processed two turns. Yet only Gav and MrAnderson made the effort. You had your turn in on Monday, so are not so guilty. :w

But the other players never even made the effort. THAT is what set me off. I am at the point where I think my being polite has done everything that it can. So, the US Marine is now needed. The rules are made and WILL be enforced.

So, if I end up with only two players, so be it. At this pace I will have died of old age before the test is completed. So the waiting games are over as of yesterday.

In two days Mav is going to process the turn, and anybody who has not responded to my post of yesterday will be out of the game. No exceptions. If a person cannot find 10 minutes out of 72 hours (3 Days) to reply to a post or process their turn, then they are not that interested in the game, and as such will no longer be a player.

I really do hate to be harsh, but I have no other option. I guess ALL of the players, including Gav and MrAnderson, must have thought that my requirement to reply to the rules proposals was a joke, and I did not mean what I said. Well, this new requirement is the result of not taking me seriously.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2012 14:38 
Corporal
Corporal

Sorry bout this, but I have to go to Vancouver for a few days. I'm leaving tomorrow and will be back by Sunday. I have no garuntees of internet access, so you can count me out till i'm back.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2012 20:51 

MrAnderson wrote:
Sorry bout this, but I have to go to Vancouver for a few days. I'm leaving tomorrow and will be back by Sunday. I have no garuntees of internet access, so you can count me out till i'm back.

MrAnderson, a posted notification of absence ahead of said absence is an acceptable reason to not post a turn. It is the non notification and disappearing for days and weeks at a time that is the problem.

If a player lets us know ahead of time, such as you and Gav have done, there would be no problems. But as such, some players must feel they do not have to notify us of a prolonged disappearence.

@Mav, I am of the opinion that Zerkuron has disappeared for good. He was active on Aurora the other day, but has not been here on WotG since 05 March. So I am pretty sure he will not respond to my post of yesterday. Pity too.

Also, I am not sure about Tssha either. Not been on since 13 March. So it may be he will not respond to the post either. Another shame too.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2012 10:30 

Mav, Gav and Tssha have until 23:59 PM 23 March to reply to my post. If they do not, please remove them from the game.

The rules must be enforced equally, or they are not rules.

Also, do me a favor and email me a copy of the last turn for each player.

EDIT: It seems Tssha was active on Aurora yesterday, so I think he has disappeared for good and do not expect him to reply to my post.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2012 12:20 

mavikfelna wrote:
Email sent. I think Gav may still be out of town though.

No, he has already posted in this thread he was back from the maneuvers.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2012 00:16 
Corporal
Corporal

Þórgrímr wrote:
Ok guys, Here is an idea I cam up with following our small conversation of yesterday. I will need the input of the group.

To help speed up the game, and be just a bit more historical, I am thinking of making the following change to Astronaut Recruitment.

Quote:
Rule:
6 months after a Space Agency has successfully flown the Animal Sub-Orbital and Animal Orbital missions a Director may begin the recruitment of his first Astronaut class. While recieving a new class every two years there after.

I figure with this change it will put more uncertainty into when 'nauts will begin to appear, put a bit more excitement and urgency into getting those early missions done a lot faster, and will now tie recruitment into each Agency's success.

Commentary by ALL players is required. So, if someone would tell Axner and Zerkuron they need to comment it would help.

Cheers, Thor

Looks good. Enabling early recruitment due to mission success should work fine.
Some other ideas for Astronauts would be the possability of accidents (Injuries or death) during training

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2012 09:22 

Gav wrote:
Looks good. Enabling early recruitment due to mission success should work fine.
Some other ideas for Astronauts would be the possability of accidents (Injuries or death) during training

Yep, thats the plan. One of the things I am still working on is the 'Naut training table the GM will consult when the 'nauts finish training. It will specify if anything happened during training. Also, there will be a table for the Advanced Training types too.

To cover events like Armstrong's near death while in LEM Training and the various crashes that have taken place through out the years.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2012 16:47 

mavikfelna wrote:
Still waiting for France and China July turns. July turns have been processed and returned for USSR and Canada.

--Mav

As of 23 March, Tssha, France, is no longer a player. He has not replied within the deadline, heck he has not been to WotG since 13 March. So you do not need to wait on France. MrAnderson, China, posted he would be out of town until Sunday.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2012 17:17 
Corporal
Corporal

Well, I am back a day early so we could go through the Coke without getting snowed in. Vancouver was amazing, we slept in a hotel on East Hastings(Just kidding.) Anyways, i'll try to get the turn back.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2012 17:39 

MrAnderson wrote:
Well, I am back a day early so we could go through the Coke without getting snowed in. Vancouver was amazing, we slept in a hotel on East Hastings(Just kidding.) Anyways, i'll try to get the turn back.

Welcome back bud! Glad to hear you had a great time! :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next