The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 19 Apr 2024 01:57

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: DSA Game Two Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2012 10:46 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Guys, sorry about the delay. My comp's mobo decided to take a dump Saturday, and I spent all day Sunday getting a new one and installing it. :ve

I have processed Gav and MrAnderson's April turn and sent out their May turns. I have processed March for Mav, and sent out his April turn. I have processed Axner's February turn and sent out his March turn.

Axner and Mav, if you guys wish to send in your next turn I will process them. To help you two get caught up. :AH

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2012 14:20 

April's INN Newsfax is up. I have processed Mav's April turn and sent out his May turn. Mav is caught up. :AH

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2012 22:46 

Ok guys, I was thinking and have a new idea, yeah, yeah, I know, a scary thing itself! :w I was chatting with Haegan about it and he likes the idea. So here we go. :bs

Beginning January 59 I for every quality news item submitted in the INN Newsfax thread with your turn a player can earn an extra .5 PP per month. Up to 6 extra PP's per game year. :ac As much as I would like to force the players to submit news items, my inherent Yankee sensibility will not allow it. :bs

So I will use my other Yankee sensibility and offer rewards for good news posts submitted in the INN Newsfax thread. :bs

I would like all players to sound off on this idea. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2012 08:04 
Corporal
Corporal

Let's take a look at game 1 v game 2. We are nearing the same place we left off, and even before then, people made many newsposts. I wasn't as frequent with mine, but still we had 2 pages of news stuff.

Game 2, I have 8 newsposts, Canada has 1. I had thought that newsposts would get more frequent a the game goes on, but that only applies to me right now. If you guys are worried about giving out information, at this point, it is pretty easy to guess what everyone is aiming for, and when you talk about a launch it only says that you are capable of doing it.

I'm in support.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2012 10:39 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Sounds good to me. :bs It'll give some incentive to posting news posts. And the great part is that Canada's newspaper companies "will be off strike." :tu

So yes I definitely like this idea. :D

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2012 10:55 

MrAnderson wrote:
Let's take a look at game 1 v game 2. We are nearing the same place we left off, and even before then, people made many newsposts. I wasn't as frequent with mine, but still we had 2 pages of news stuff.

Game 2, I have 8 newsposts, Canada has 1. I had thought that newsposts would get more frequent a the game goes on, but that only applies to me right now. If you guys are worried about giving out information, at this point, it is pretty easy to guess what everyone is aiming for, and when you talk about a launch it only says that you are capable of doing it.

I'm in support.

Thanks Bud. :AH

@Axner, I look forward to the end of the Canadian Newspaper strike! :gl

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2012 13:27 

The first US News Post has been made. :ac

Give me a bit more to post May's Newsfax.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2012 13:54 

All May turns have been processed and the June Turns have been sent out. :AH

I want to thank Mav and Axner for taking the time to get caught up! :br

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2012 15:20 

May's INN Newsfax has been posted.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012 09:49 

Ok, Mav and Gav ignoring and not responding to my inquiry above is highlighting a problem we have. Too many times I have to wait for any kind of reply from the testers. Well gentlemen, that is going to stop.

From now on, anytime I post a question or needing an opinion ALL PLAYERS MUST RESPOND.

From this day forward all players are obligated to log onto, and view this forum. Remember, I am the chief cook and bottle washer here, and as such I know when you do, and do not, log in. :w

Any post made by myself that asks for an opinion or mandates a response must be responded to within 24 hours of my posting it. If a player does not respond they will be docked 1 PP per day that they do not respond. A player may be excused from responding if they have given a notice of absence already. But must respond upon their return.

I NEED to get in a finished playtest for the game, and as such we need to operate as a well-oiled machine to finish in any reasonable time. So these delays in responding are troublesome to me.

All players are required to respond to this post.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012 11:00 

mavikfelna wrote:
Ok.

I think the .5 PP for posting news is a good idea.

--Mav

Thanks bud. I am trying to get more player involvement in the game, and AI think this incentive will help in that endeavor. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012 11:48 

All June turns have been processed, and the July turns have been sent out. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012 14:05 

June's INN Newsfax has been posted. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012 18:59 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Responding to above post. I think that makes sense. It probably would be for the best because I can understand the need to get something done and there being more delays then could be cared for. So I for one endorse this idea. Of course I sometimes have trouble getting to a computer so I can see myself losing a few PP at some point. But this will just motivate me to get on more often. In any case I have no problems with this and acknowledge it. :AH

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2012 19:26 

Axner wrote:
Responding to above post. I think that makes sense. It probably would be for the best because I can understand the need to get something done and there being more delays then could be cared for. So I for one endorse this idea. Of course I sometimes have trouble getting to a computer so I can see myself losing a few PP at some point. But this will just motivate me to get on more often. In any case I have no problems with this and acknowledge it. :AH

Thanks bud. As for possible delays, all you have to do is let me know you will be gone for a few days, and we are good to go. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012 01:19 
Corporal
Corporal

Þórgrímr wrote:
Ok guys, I was thinking and have a new idea, yeah, yeah, I know, a scary thing itself! :w I was chatting with Haegan about it and he likes the idea. So here we go. :bs

Beginning January 59 I for every quality news item submitted in the INN Newsfax thread with your turn a player can earn an extra .5 PP per month. Up to 6 extra PP's per game year. :ac As much as I would like to force the players to submit news items, my inherent Yankee sensibility will not allow it. :bs

So I will use my other Yankee sensibility and offer rewards for good news posts submitted in the INN Newsfax thread. :bs

I would like all players to sound off on this idea. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Sounds reasonable

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012 01:23 
Corporal
Corporal

Þórgrímr wrote:
Ok, Mav and Gav ignoring and not responding to my inquiry above is highlighting a problem we have. Too many times I have to wait for any kind of reply from the testers. Well gentlemen, that is going to stop.

From now on, anytime I post a question or needing an opinion ALL PLAYERS MUST RESPOND.

From this day forward all players are obligated to log onto, and view this forum. Remember, I am the chief cook and bottle washer here, and as such I know when you do, and do not, log in. :w

Any post made by myself that asks for an opinion or mandates a response must be responded to within 24 hours of my posting it. If a player does not respond they will be docked 1 PP per day that they do not respond. A player may be excused from responding if they have given a notice of absence already. But must respond upon their return.

I NEED to get in a finished playtest for the game, and as such we need to operate as a well-oiled machine to finish in any reasonable time. So these delays in responding are troublesome to me.

Cheers, Thor

Roger .. wilco

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012 01:31 
Corporal
Corporal

Þórgrímr wrote:

Cheers, Thor

Roger .. wilco.

but sending out a group E-mail informing us that there is important business to take care of will eliminate this problem. When I log on during the week, I have time just for a quick scan and if I miss it, I probably will not pick it up until the weekend. If there was an e-mail, I can home in on the section and respond that day.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012 09:28 

Gav wrote:
Roger .. wilco.

but sending out a group E-mail informing us that there is important business to take care of will eliminate this problem. When I log on during the week, I have time just for a quick scan and if I miss it, I probably will not pick it up until the weekend. If there was an e-mail, I can home in on the section and respond that day.

That is a reasonable suggestion bud. From now on when there is an important post I will make sure all of the players will be notified of it. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012 13:19 

mavikfelna wrote:
yes, an email would be handy for something important. I'm much more likely to notice that than something on the forum. :)

--Mav

Yep, much agreement. I will make sure from now on you folks are notifed of any important posts. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012 13:25 

All July turns except for MrAnderson has been processed and the August turns have been sent out. :AH

Waiting for MrAnderson to send the correct turn.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012 18:59 
Corporal
Corporal

Thought I sent the right turn... give me a bit. Also read the post concerning PP reductions.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2012 19:19 

MrAnderson wrote:
Thought I sent the right turn... give me a bit. Also read the post concerning PP reductions.

Unfortunately you sent the July 57 turn, not the July 58 turn. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next