The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 29 Mar 2024 02:56

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: DSA Game Two Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012 12:06 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

All August turns have been processed and the September turns have been sent out. :AH

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2012 11:14 

All September turns have been processed, and all October turns have been sent out. :AH

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2012 12:05 

The September INN Newsfax has been posted. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2012 17:36 
Corporal
Corporal

Well, I suppose I should tell you guys this. In a week or two, I will be going to the East Coast, by truck, and stay there for around 2 months. Right now, I have no idea if I will have internet there - I most likely will, but I for sure won't during the week it takes to bring a truck and large boat between coasts. I will try to stay in the game until I leave, and I don't know if I'll be able to pick it back up this game. I'm sorry for the relative short notice, but I just got confirmation yesterday.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2012 17:40 

MrAnderson wrote:
Well, I suppose I should tell you guys this. In a week or two, I will be going to the East Coast, by truck, and stay there for around 2 months. Right now, I have no idea if I will have internet there - I most likely will, but I for sure won't during the week it takes to bring a truck and large boat between coasts. I will try to stay in the game until I leave, and I don't know if I'll be able to pick it back up this game. I'm sorry for the relative short notice, but I just got confirmation yesterday.

NP bud. If you can stay in, great! But if you cannot, no worries. That's life for ya. Either way it has been a pleasure gaming with you. :r

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2012 17:52 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

MrAnderson! we wish you the best either way!

We will still be here in two months time and by then we should have the next step for DSA ready to roll and eager for your input if you choose to return.

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2012 10:15 

I have processed Gav's and Mav's October turns and have sent out their November turns. Still waiting on MrAnderson and Axner. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2012 11:25 

The October INN Newsfax has been posted. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2012 10:00 

Gav and Mav's November turn has been processed and their December turns have been sent out. Processed Axner's October turn and sent out his November turn. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2012 20:05 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Before I forget I must inform you guys that will not be available until Saturday cause tomorrow I'm going hiking. I'll take extra time to get caught up again so I can get on top of things when I get back. :tu

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2012 21:25 

Axner wrote:
Before I forget I must inform you guys that will not be available until Saturday cause tomorrow I'm going hiking. I'll take extra time to get caught up again so I can get on top of things when I get back. :tu

NP bud! Thanks for the heads up, and have fun! :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2012 08:04 
Corporal
Corporal

Good news: Today is the last day of school for me.
Bad news: Today I have 2 finals to do.

I'm going to write up a quick event.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2012 09:41 

MrAnderson wrote:
Good news: Today is the last day of school for me.
Bad news: Today I have 2 finals to do.

I'm going to write up a quick event.

Lol, yep, those last days of school can be both scintillating, and tedious at the same time! :bs

Cheers. Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2012 11:52 

I have processed Gav and Mav's December turns and sent out their January turn. I have processed Axner's November turn and sent out his December turn. I have processed MrAnderson's October turn and sent out his November turn. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2012 13:54 

December's Newsfax has been posted. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2012 16:52 

I have processed MrAnderson's November turn and sent out his December turn. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2012 17:48 

I have processed MrAnderson's December turn and sent out his January turn.

Thanks for taking the time to get caught up! :br

Now I await the year end reports. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2012 10:30 

Still waiting on Gav's Year End Report before I can process any turns. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2012 00:38 
Corporal
Corporal

I've got till Sunday morning till I leave. I'll be out of order for a week till I get reliable internet again.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2012 04:14 
Corporal
Corporal

All done :tu

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2012 09:34 

Gav wrote:
All done :tu

Thanks bud!

I will process everyone's January turn today, so stand by. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2012 14:47 

I have processed Mav's and MrAnderson's January turns and sent out their February turn. I have processed Axner's December turn. Still waiting on Gav's January turn. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2012 14:57 

Surprisingly, nobody sent in a News release with their turn, so nobody can claim an extra .5 PP for January. :ad

I guess the enticement was not sufficient to entice the players out of their malaise. :ad

But I supopose I should also define my view of what is a good news release. To qualify for the extra PP's a post must name any mission announced in the press release. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2012 12:09 

I have processed Mav's and Gav's February turns and sent out their March Turns. I have processed Axner's January turn and sent out his February turn. He is 1 turn behind. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2012 22:26 

I figure you folks need to know. I have come to a major decision point in my life. Having all of my ailments I am a cripple in body, but not mind. And in so doing I cannot work. I get winded just walking across the living room. If I have a good conversation with laughter I will begin to hack and cough so badly that I have to break out the oxygen.

The two Bi-Lat PE's I had destroyed 60% of my lung tissue, and as such as long as I keep quiet and non-moving I am fine. Otherwise I need the oxygen.

I am telling you this because I am living with my brother, and my son is with me. So, basically, I am sponging off of my brother. This, as a man, is crippling my pride. I was born in a time when pride in one's own accomplishments, and not taking any handouts, was the norm. So after nearly 6 years, it has become nearly intolerable.

All I can do is use my mind since I cannot use my body. This is why I began to write and design games nine years ago in 2003. Since then it seems that I am not very good in those endeavors, if one goes by the miniscule sales, to date, of what things have been put up for sale.

So, during the week of July 1st through the 7th, I will be taking a sabbatical to decide whether or not I will give up my career as a writer and game designer to get any menial job I can get to support my son and myself.

If I get a job I will not have the energy to do anything else. So if I have to get a job, this will be the end of my writing and game designing. :fr

I am tired of sponging off of my brother.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next