The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 19 Mar 2024 06:11

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DSA program
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012 19:43 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

We have been busy! We have the inventory and Hardware tables setup to be populated and have finished the Inventory Reference screen for the players.

The load screen for existing games and the creation of new ones is also done. Pics below!

Attachments:
Untitled1.png
Untitled1.png [ 88.49 KiB | Viewed 22680 times ]
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 118.63 KiB | Viewed 22680 times ]

Post subject: Re: DSA program
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2012 19:53 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Lookin' good bud! Keep the screenies coming! :tu

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012 15:39 

mavikfelna wrote:
so when do we get to use this beauty? It looks great!

--Mav

Mav, this is why things have been a bit slow to date. Haegan and I are working on this every night. It is coming together, slowly but surely! :ac

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012 21:38 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

we have decided to limit the number of initial nations available as this will allow us to have national flags and agency logos associated with them and beautifying the pages!

Of course, that means the game load screen is going to need to be redone. I will post pics of the base game load and new players choices Saturday.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012 21:45 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

mavikfelna wrote:
so when do we get to use this beauty? It looks great!

--Mav

At the rate we are going, hopefully in about 2 months. While we have the DB largely created, the interface still has to be done. That is what is slowing us down.

It is also dependent on how much free time i have after I get home. Work demands vary from day to day and I can end up pulling 12 hour days. Needless to say, I have little energy on those days!

Thor has been nice enough to do a lot of the data entry for the database, thank god. that saves me huge chunks of time. Every time i give him "homework" I can hear the groans from down here in Texas!

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2012 21:48 

haegan2007 wrote:
Thor has been nice enough to do a lot of the data entry for the database, thank god. that saves me huge chunks of time. Every time i give him "homework" I can hear the groans from down here in Texas!

Did I ever tell you I hate data entry!? :ve :w :bs

Yep, I do the monkey with a typewriter work. :vs :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2012 11:19 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Folks, it seems like every time my mother contacts me about dad my depression decides to find another rock to hit me with. Between my fathers health declining, his alcoholism, and stress from work, I am amazed I have not crawled into a hole and hid for weeks.

I think I have to credit friendship for keeping my mind mostly sane.

I was mostly again myself this morning and finished reworking the changes we decided on for the game load screen. We decided to limit the initial offering of nations to a select few(ie, what we had flags and logos for) and found that it did not involve any real changes to the current database tables. We were able to use a preexisting spot in the players table for the nations name and then use that to reference a new nations table for flag and logo data.

Below is the change the player sees. Most of this was already there, but did not appear until a player wanted to make a new game or create a new player for an existing game. Yeah, I didn't think to post that pic before, my apologies guys!

Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 96.41 KiB | Viewed 22661 times ]

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2012 13:34 

Stuff happens bud. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2012 18:24 
Corporal
Corporal

It's starting to get pieced together, and sorry to hear about that.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012 00:12 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

We are now working on the Research Annex.

Ken, I am sure that there is a word wrap option for the flexgrid, I just haven't found it yet. As this is simply a display screen, it should be finished tomorrow fairly quickly and I will get back to adding the extra info to the HW display screen!

Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 27.58 KiB | Viewed 22646 times ]

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012 03:16 
Corporal
Corporal

Looking fantastic !!!!!
Hey .... wait .... get back to work

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012 09:17 

haegan2007 wrote:
We are now working on the Research Annex.

Ken, I am sure that there is a word wrap option for the flexgrid, I just haven't found it yet. As this is simply a display screen, it should be finished tomorrow fairly quickly and I will get back to adding the extra info to the HW display screen!

I was gonna ask if there was a way to center the data points since it looks unprofessional off to the side like that.. I am confident you will find the way to do it. :AH

@ Gav; Sir, Yes Sir!!!! :r :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012 20:11 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I must say, this looks much better! I know, I know, who else wants a 400% monthly gain?!? :D

That is do to a oops in the test data entered for the screen, but it still shows the conversion is working correctly.

The Hardware screen is still undergoing surgery.

Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 21.79 KiB | Viewed 22635 times ]

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2012 20:29 

haegan2007 wrote:
I must say, this looks much better! I know, I know, who else wants a 400% monthly gain?!? :D

That is do to a oops in the test data entered for the screen, but it still shows the conversion is working correctly.

The Hardware screen is still undergoing surgery.

Looks MUCH better with the data points centered! Good job bud! :tu

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2012 19:58 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

tonight we added flags and logos to the load game screen and almost finished the HW screen. My next step is to learn joins with SQL!

Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 64.55 KiB | Viewed 22625 times ]
Untitled1.png
Untitled1.png [ 30.55 KiB | Viewed 22625 times ]

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2012 20:10 

They be lookin' good bud!

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2012 10:03 
Corporal
Corporal

Looks like it's coming together pretty good. Keep it up!

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012 19:20 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Got the Date thingy working!

Ken, we can change how that looks like by swapping the month and year around.

I also found a solution to the data type mismatch. I figured it out while driving home in traffic! Probably not a good thing that.... :AE

Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 9.99 KiB | Viewed 22585 times ]

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012 19:25 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I agree, this date looks better!

Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 10.1 KiB | Viewed 22585 times ]

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012 19:34 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Muhahahahaha!

Ken, I managed to get the current safety percentage in! Suweeet!

Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 67.22 KiB | Viewed 22584 times ]

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012 19:38 

haegan2007 wrote:
Got the Date thingy working!

Ken, we can change how that looks like by swapping the month and year around.

I also found a solution to the data type mismatch. I figured it out while driving home in traffic! Probably not a good thing that.... :AE

I knew you could do it bud! It was your subconscious that was chewing on the problem, not your conscious mind. So you were quite ok. Setting something out of my conscious mind is how I overcome nearly all of my problems.

And yeah, the date the other way is best!

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2012 18:46 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

okay, before i continue to work on the budget screen, i need to do the code to populate the Budget table in the game load screen when creating a new game or player.

Alas guys no new pics today! its all code work right now.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012 19:31 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Okay, I removed some old test player games and created several others while testing the Insertions into the budget table for a new player nation.

Ken was asking if we could add in a basic AI for NPC nations. I think we can, but we need to have a better idea of the table structures that the AI code will be interacting with. Course, that would not stop us from at least beginning it. The AI would not need access to the many of the screens, but will need access to all the tables. This means that at the least, I should work on the scheduling missions Table and the Missions Hardware Table next. We will also need to either hard code or store the missions themselves in a usable format in their own table as well.

I have some hard thunkin ahead of me here i see! :AH

Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 61.17 KiB | Viewed 22554 times ]

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012 19:50 

haegan2007 wrote:
Okay, I removed some old test player games and created several others while testing the Insertions into the budget table for a new player nation.

Ken was asking if we could add in a basic AI for NPC nations. I think we can, but we need to have a better idea of the table structures that the AI code will be interacting with. Course, that would not stop us from at least beginning it. The AI would not need access to the many of the screens, but will need access to all the tables. This means that at the least, I should work on the scheduling missions Table and the Missions Hardware Table next. We will also need to either hard code or store the missions themselves in a usable format in their own table as well.

I have some hard thunkin ahead of me here i see! :AH

I vote for storing, that way they can be modified, if need be. Hardcoding means a rip job in case we need to change things.

You know as well as I do, the best things in life are not easy yo obtain, so the effort with be worth it. :ac

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400