The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 05:18

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Intruducing myself, and Trivals Sourcebook?
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2006 17:35 
Private

Hello all! first of all I want to introduce myself.
I've been playing roll games for some years and it's become a great experience when I found a place where to meet with equally motivated people to share with.

Since then (an year and a half ago) I've been trying to look for a game I could fit into my head to GM, and one day my friends gave me fallout PnP manual. I'm not saying it's easy to learn (in fact many think it's not easy at all, mostly in combat stuff) but what can I say, it's rules and ways just fit the way my head goes :AH Rules are not simple but aren't twisted by each other. I hate having to read 20 books to understand how things must be. Instead I can easily read 3 or 4 books if rules are in one and the rest is just extending as the books I found around with new skills perks etc for this game... then I can decide what to put into my game and what not.

anyway... I'm really starting to love this game and I'm trying to do my best to get to GM my friends with this setting. I'm building a bit of my story and also reading some stories I found online to build a whole campaign. When I was reading this story called the "seventh circle" the author (Aea Snirgles) talks about a "Tribals! Sourcebook".... Every try I had to find that book was unsuccessful... :fr

But the searching got me here so I guess it wasn't bad :bs

As you can imagine by now I was wondering if any of you knows what book he was talking about, maybe even a way to get it.

I can see this is not a very active forum but since I see there are some recent posts I'm sure some colleagues will read me and maybe answer!! :gl

It was very nice to see there is a forum here dedicated to fallout :)
Greetings pals, and thanks for your attention and help.

--
Karla
from Uruguay

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2006 18:47 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Karla, Welcome to the World of the Gunny. And I know of what you seek. :bs But unfortunately it was never finished or never posted on the net. :fr

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but as you can see by mt number of downloads I have most of what was ever posted on the net. Maybe you might find something else of interest here.

We here at WOTG are slowly compiling a new set of peoples and settlements of the wastes, so check out the Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant Dickinson for some possible information. :AH

So pull up an ammo crate next to the campfire and enjoy a warm flat Nuka Cola.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2006 19:01 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Nice to have you hear pilgrim, we always hapy to recieve new Friends and those who appreciate good Fallout, even in PNP form.

To tell you the truth, a lot of Fallout PNP source books and projects went unfinished. I even think there was supposed to be a psyker source as well, but never seen it, and I believe I have covered up 99% Fallout PNP.

Don't be a stranger!

:nuke: Carib Nuka-Cola Chaser :nuke:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2006 21:51 
Private

:bs WOW! :bs
That's an awesomwe welcome!
Thank you guys!

About my post itself Yes I do understand what you say about Fallout Pnp, It's been a loong headache finding enough material just to put my brain to work in a story and making myself with the idea of the setting etc. Finally I *think* I've got about the 95% (opossed to your 99% :bs ) of it's existing material. I'm sure you may have some little secret diamond around there :w hehe just joking anyway

It's a pitty there is so much unfinished material, but at least there are still lots of people around this game wishing to play or share ideas and facts. That's really great!!

I will stay around close to the forum (believe me even if I don't post too much). I may in the future tell you about my experiences like GM or whatever has to do with it and may be of your interest :)

Post you soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2006 21:57 

You are awlays welcome here. So when you think you wish to post feel free. :AH

Cheers, Thorgrimm

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2006 09:33 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

It's always good to have some new blood around, and especially those who appreciate Fallout Pen and Paper. All I can advise is the material that has been provided, we are able to add and fill in the missing blanks.

It was a real shame Jason Mical never did finish One Mask, Many Faces, that was a very simple and refreshing game. But one must make due with what they have, right.

Rock on Katia, and may your dice never roll on snake eyes!