The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 10:29

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Sprite Editor
PostPosted: 02 May 2006 18:04 
Private

Lets try this again.
Have a look at the Reaver Male, in the orignal game sprite, he could not fire the rocket luancher while standing, the Sprite was messed up. In the copy I uploaded to TRS for download, he can now fire the rocket luancher correctly. I DID NOT USE Spray to fix him. I used an Alpha Version of a New Viewer, that I want to get the bugs out of before releasing it. I'm not an Artist, I write code. Would like to place a whole, working vehicle in the game, this would allow me to finish testing the new viewer before I release it. Right now I've placed a vehicle in the game, but only for the directions that I had copies of. Its working but it can only move in 4 directions. Yes it can be driven. But only in the directions of the images I have. Would like to have someone render say, the Highwayman from F2, or some type of car , with all 32 directions.

This new viewer uses BMPs in 265 color that are converted to ZARs. Unlike Spray that used the RAW format. It dose BMP to ZAR conversion in batch. Then you simply open a Sprite file and import them. Its working pretty well. Just have a couple clean up items to do. Hoping for Mid MAY. So if anyone would like to help out let me know. One more item it is capable of editing any Sprite File in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 May 2006 22:37 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Dak, I have models of the Highwayman and the Corvega in 3ds format, but I am no artist either. BUT if you would let me take a look at your editor I will see what I can do with it. If you look at the Fallout mod for civ 3, you see I have used units from FO:T in it. And I would LOVE to add units to FO:T. :AH

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject: Sprite Editer
PostPosted: 02 May 2006 23:05 
Private

Will send you a copy, tomorrow, need to do a quick compli. been trying to make the tutorials for it. What you'll need to do, and this is in the Help Menu is to create a set of BMP files in 256 color all should use the same palette if you wish to do Animations. Once you have the editor you open it then go to the Edit Menu, half way down you'll find a Load BMP to ZAR Form, click on it a new window will apear. from here you'll load your palette locate your BMPs and you can either convert a batch or one at a time. once done. close out this window and locate on your C:\ drive a folder called BMPToZAR. in there are the new ZAR files. Now in the editer open the Sprite you want to change a select the Animation, Direction, Frame and in the case of layered Sprites, the Layer. Now go back to the Edit Menu you'll find at the bottom a Import ZAR, click on it and follow the screen to select the ZAR you wish to import. The editer will then import the ZAR and Auto save for you, so work from a backup copy of the Sprite. It then reloads the Sprite. Reselect the Animation, Direction, Frame and in the case of layered Sprites, the Layer, to see your change. Keep in mind you should try and create images that are close to the size of the Sprite you wish to replace. This will help you get the Frame Offsets and Bounding Box values easyer. All this is in the Help File Menus. Read them then play around with editing Sprites. Keep in mind I'm still working on improvements and new features. Could you send me the 3Ds of the Highwayman, I'll see what I can do with Gmax.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 May 2006 14:08 

Sure, I will send it as a reply to your email with the editor. I am interested in what I can do with it. :bs

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject: Need E-mail
PostPosted: 03 May 2006 21:15 
Private

Need your E-mail so I can send it to you.

Post subject: Its on its way
PostPosted: 03 May 2006 22:29 
Private

If I have the right E-mail you should get it. Its on the way. Sent second E-mail with an ingame pic, copy of a palette, and a BMP as ref. Have fun. Let me know if you don't recieve them.