The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 07:19

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2006 10:18 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Lord Victor, I most profusely apologise for not commenting on your city names, :AE but I like most of them. The ones that did not meet my expectations were the Valuter names.

Sorry about that, but keep on suggesting. All suggestions are most welcome. :bs

Cheers, Thorgrimm

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2006 22:33 
Private

Thorgrimm wrote:
Welcome to the World of the Gunny (O)ndatra. :AH

1. the muties from the RPGs only have six directions, and civ requires 8. Only FO:T has eight directions.

2. Yes when I get to the part of adding Wonders, the Wonder Cathedral of the Apocalypse will produce a basic ghoul for the muties every so often.

3. Unfortunately in civ there is no way to show that.

4. Not forgotten, just not added yet. Remember the tech tree is very prelimanary, and sibject to massive changes.

5. No, most units based on tech from before the war will only come from wonders, to show their extreme rarity.

6. There is a special terrain that is added called wastelands that cause death from being too near it. Units are unaffected by this terrain, although the Enviro Armor can get you across it a lot faster.

7. I would prefer your idea here, as I said on CFC, I am here everyday. :bs

8. Continue to post and eventually you will be added. :AH We need to see who is going to hang around to help and who is just here to DL the mod and never show up again.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

About answers:
1.This wasn't problem, when you realised Brainbot,combot and Mr.Handy. But it is so heavy to do supemutant model I anderstand you.
2.But they aren't ghouls, the HUMANS!!!
3.Thats a pity
4.And this is good news. My favorite energy weapon was gatling laser and impulse rifle(before I don't find alien blaster)
5.I meant this when wrote that post(helicopter interesed me themst like concurent to Enclave Vertibird)
6.I have ide about new tech:Geiger-meter, which allows to went in this area.
7.You maybe dont understand. Say like this:I must COPY ideas from CFC
8.This mod is very interesting and I againplay in FO2 to find new ideas, so maybe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2006 23:01 
Private

Again I forgot to writete new ideas:
Tech:Anti radiation- gives each unit Rad-away,Rad-X and geiger meter whis allows them walk into Wasteland.
Psyonics- this is tech for Unity. It allows to build psyonic
S.M.Psyonics: Allows to build Supermutant psionic*
Units:Psionic- This unit is the most poverful in unity(expect S.M.Psionic).
It has enslavement and pradrop(teleport) if in city psionics hall build(ithik, first attack is psi-wawe, and second is pyrocines.S.M.psionic just have more defence. Sergant: From F1 it S.M. has metal armor and gattling laser
Shaman: psionic analogue for tribes
Buildings:Psionic hall-see higher. Radar jammer- blocking steals attack
Wonders:Stables -Gives six happy people in each city(new-Reno).
Ghoul liberation(or great rat community):Give a ghoul rebel each n turns
Jet antidote(Vault city)-Gives seven happy people in each city
Redding wanamingo nest: produces wanamingo each n turns
Unit:Demigod rat: the most poverful rat
Ideas:You can do spore plant as turret for creeps and/or tribes

*-if you ask why i add psionic into the unity I answer-becose they was in ynity and S.M.psionic was melcihor

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2006 11:22 
Private

Why nobody here????????????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2006 18:08 
Private

Well, I know I dont write on the forums.. (more of a reader then a writer) and I am going to withdraw me for the "trying" of beta testing since I got a bigger testing job that takes most of my time.

I hope that you get it to release sometime so that we can finaly play that mod bu until that day, good luck on it Thorgrimm and ya all.

Bye Bye

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006 00:22 
Corporal
Corporal

Bye Victor! Good luck with your testing job and hope to see you back here soon... :w

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2006 00:56 

Ladies and Gents, sorry for the absence but RL has kicked in big time. I have been waiting almost 3 years for my hearing with Social Security to be classified as disabled, yes even with a gimp leg Uncle Sam STILL needs his hearing and paperwork. :AM

Hopefully I can get back in real soon. But if not just know that I am preparing for that hearing in August and as soon as it passes I WILL be back with a vengence. :adv

Cheers, Thorgrimm

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2006 07:54 
Private

Sorry, that I was off, becose my computer is broken now and all info, that I find was on it. Only my last ideas left, so I will write it:
Buildings:
Excavation machine- increase shield production
Molerat Mambo- Makes 3 citizens happy
Great wanamingo mine(Creeps)- creates Wanamingo each ... turns
Caravan office- Increases income, shields, food and tech production
Shaman tent(Tribes)-increase food production and produce shaman each n turns
Vics repair-increase shields
Church- makes 3 citizens happy
Bos bunker(bos,ncr)-increase shields and tech
Scribes room(bos)-increase tech
Junk walls-increse defense by 4
Wonders:
Thieves guild-make 1 citizen happy
Anti-rad plant-destroys disease from Wasteland
I have no time, so i write later

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Oct 2006 11:14 

(O)ndratra, those are some good ideas.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2006 10:21 
Private

Thanks, but that not all. I dont write all wonders and techs. So:
Wonder:Boneyard dethclaw nest(creeps)-Produce dethclaws
Also mistake in thieves guild. It make happy 1 man in all towns
Tech: Armor implantants- gives 1 additional hp
Also I had pictures for mod, and I make a UFO model(First my model!!), but it in broken computer. This is last my ideas, but I want to help you in mod creation, so I can write history for techs, buildings etc.
For example, Gecko powerplant:

"Before the War Poseidon-Oil make big powerplant avay from civilization to power their fabrics. When US goverment appear this fact, they ordered to give this plant to them for military propouses, but nuclear storm destroy Poseidon-Oil and goverment. After 40 years Enclave take control on reactor. Thay knowed, that close was Vault 8, and they want to make new tests for vaultdwellers, and they maked leak from tha station. After 35 years ghouls expedition came to this station. They liked leaks, was problems with VC. This problem was ended by traveling tribal, or,how he will be called later, Chose One. He lowered leaks, and optimize station. Enclave tried to decrease station production, but Chosen One destroyed Enclave. After that ghoulws from Gecko started to give powerplant technology to other ghouls, and they build powerplants in other towns". My english is bad, so...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2006 13:11 

(O)ndratra, thats a good idea. I can always edit the descriptions to proper english, so don't worry about it. Just keep them coming. :bs

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2006 08:28 
Private

Thanks, but now I haven't money and time to send descriptions to Internet. Maybe, when I'll have money I send them all

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2006 11:09 
Private

Here I, but i have bad news. Problem with computer more serious, that I think, and now I'm very busy. I'll be free at 26 December. Before this date Icouldnt use Internet and write descriptions. Sorry for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2007 19:59 

While I was off the net I did MAJOR, and that is an understatement, BIQ work. So expect a new BIQ shortly. After watching four games in debug mode, the AI is FINALLY doing what I wanted from the beginning.
All it took was a major redoing of the map, Flamand remember the Wastelands terrian I sent you? Well they are in. :bs
And upping the number of militia units in the cites and redoing the maintenance costs big time.

Upped the att on the raider scout.

Been doing some unit and building tweaking to finally add the raiders and Slavers minor civs.

Replaced Aaglo's Manbot with the Fallout Sentry Bot, added the Highwayman, added the Eyebot, and added Mr Handy as the advanced worker.

Also, with the Wastelands finally in, there is a BIG need for the Enviro Armor MG. For you see, only they can work and get rid of the wastelands when the proper tech is researched. They can now do the worker jobs that the regular workers cannot in the wastelands. They are now what you would call Combat Engineers.

Storm Grunt's Fallout tech Icons are in and they are great.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2007 06:49 
Private

Hi everybody
From the screenshots this looks like a great mod. After I read the article on NMA I just had to dig up my Civ III box. Now the only thing I need to get started is the actual mod.

Since I don't have any downloading managers (the ones I've tried all had some form of spyware included) the download just terminates after a little while. Been trying for a couple of days to get the files down.
But I was wondering why isn't there an eDonkey, or torrent release. Isn't it easier to release it that way?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2007 08:08 

Dragon, welcome to World of the Gunny. :AH

In answer to your question, NMA is also mirroring the mod, the problem is that so many folks are trying to DL the mod it is choking the server. :bs I do not like using edonkey or bit torrent, they are virus highways and I wish to NOT pollute my mods by using those services.

But you will still have to get the music and Ambient Sounds here on WOTG, along with any updates.

Once again, welcome to WOTG, and enjoy your time here in the Bunker. :AH

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2007 08:45 
Private

ATM the NMA link just goes to this forum, to the dowload thread.
I've actually never gotten a virus from neither eDonkey or torrent, but I've always been carefull what I download via those services.

Do you know any download manager that are good and doesn't contain spyware? Cause I only get a third of the file before it stops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2007 09:05 

Dragon wrote:
ATM the NMA link just goes to this forum, to the dowload thread.
I've actually never gotten a virus from neither eDonkey or torrent, but I've always been carefull what I download via those services.

Do you know any download manager that are good and doesn't contain spyware? Cause I only get a third of the file before it stops.

Ah, ok, Sliencer said they were going to mirror the DL. :AM

I will look for a good DL manager to recommend. :AH

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2007 09:28 

TO ALL: The new update is up. Check the DL thread for details and to download it.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2007 10:24 
Private

Hi folks, Thorgrimm couldn't see the mod in full, due to a faulty download, but the screens are astounding. I'd change the grey patch if possible, were you can see the production and such, hope this makes sense cause I forgotten the actual name, lol!

The update gives me a faulty link currently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2007 11:19 

Flamescreen wrote:
Hi folks, Thorgrimm couldn't see the mod in full, due to a faulty download, but the screens are astounding. I'd change the grey patch if possible, were you can see the production and such, hope this makes sense cause I forgotten the actual name, lol!

The update gives me a faulty link currently.

Flame, sorry about that. I had to remove the link for a bit. forgot to add some tech icons. It is up now.

I will let Flamand know about the gfx suggestion. Keep em coming. :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2007 12:11 
Private

Hi, I posted these 2 pics on NMA forum, topic: this mod but no 1 answered. So I'm just gonna try my luck again. Here r 2 new pics for wonders if u like them. (Inspired by FEV wonder).

Rediscovery of Trade: http://www.filefactory.com/file7e50fa

Vehicle Rehab Facility: http://www.filefactory.com/file3c1cf9

It's much more in Fallout spirit and that's the only thing that this mod still lacks a bit. I would like to help. I'm already doing 1 for golden globes and movie camera. Tell me what you think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2007 13:13 

Xerxes wrote:
Hi, I posted these 2 pics on NMA forum, topic: this mod but no 1 answered. So I'm just gonna try my luck again. Here r 2 new pics for wonders if u like them. (Inspired by FEV wonder).

Rediscovery of Trade: http://www.filefactory.com/file7e50fa

Vehicle Rehab Facility: http://www.filefactory.com/file3c1cf9

It's much more in Fallout spirit and that's the only thing that this mod still lacks a bit. I would like to help. I'm already doing 1 for golden globes and movie camera. Tell me what you think.

Xerxes, welcome to World of the Gunny. :AH

I wish I could comment, but all I get is a page for uploading files and a spam to join filefactory.

Is there any way you could use photobucket or some such? I would like to see those pics.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2007 13:38 
Private

Thorgrimm wrote:

Xerxes, welcome to World of the Gunny. :AH

I wish I could comment, but all I get is a page for uploading files and a spam to join filefactory.

Is there any way you could use photobucket or some such? I would like to see those pics.

Thank you. I mentioned how to get them on NMA :) I can't type it again my hand hurts like hell (got serious dog bite :( )

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2007 13:45 

Xerxes, I do not like DLing anything from a site like that, so if you can email them to me I will put them on the ftp and display them. My email address is;

Thorgrimm@comcast.net

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Gunny's color #FF2400