The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 07:30

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2007 14:01 
Private

Thorgrimm wrote:
Xerxes, I do not like DLing anything from a site like that, so if you can email them to me I will put them on the ftp and display them. My email address is;

Thorgrimm@comcast.net

As u wish. I just sent them. See ya later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2007 14:06 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Xerxes, I love those! You think you could get more made and send me what you have? :bs

Cheers, Thorgrimm

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2007 03:47 
Private

Thorgrimm wrote:
Xerxes, I love those! You think you could get more made and send me what you have? :bs

Already working on them :) No problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2007 21:34 
Private

hey anybody alive here still, at any rate is there a compliation of design docs for the mod cause id love to have a look at them, i've been doing some thinking of my own and wanted to c how you've taclked certain issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2007 21:54 

F0nx wrote:
hey anybody alive here still, at any rate is there a compliation of design docs for the mod cause id love to have a look at them, i've been doing some thinking of my own and wanted to c how you've taclked certain issues.

No design docs beyond my own head. :bs Most of the discussion now takes place at Flamand and Thor's sci fi workshop on the Civfanatics forums.

Þórgrímr

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2007 14:53 

Replaced the Boneyard Library and Cafe's gfx with the new buidlings by SWalker. All buildings added below were done by SWalker.

Added a Barracks
Added a Car Lot spits out a Highwayman every 30 turns
Added the Modern Docks, Takes over the commercial portion of a fishery which no no longer makes trade arrows in water
Added EOTC Comm Center, reduces corruption, propaganda, war weariness. (EOTC Corporal Punishment)
Added EOTC Factory
Added EOTC Light Factory (EOTC Tannery)
Added EOTC Scoutbot Facility (EOTC Kennel)
Added EOTC Grinders (EOTC Scrap Metal)

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 May 2007 09:25 
Private

Hey there! im new here, but this mod looks awsome, question is, what type of Civs do i need to buy to actully get this mod up and running?

thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 May 2007 13:45 

Formost wrote:
Hey there! im new here, but this mod looks awsome, question is, what type of Civs do i need to buy to actully get this mod up and running?

thanks!

Formost, welcome to World of the Gunny. :AH

And to answer your question technically only Conquests is required, but I can't remember if I have used any units from Play the World. :bs Also have c3c patched to 1.22

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 May 2007 17:27 
Private

so this mod wont work if i buy the new version in the stores?.. ookie...gonna have to search ebay for it then! thanks tho!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 May 2007 18:28 

Formost wrote:
so this mod wont work if i buy the new version in the stores?.. ookie...gonna have to search ebay for it then! thanks tho!

No, if you buy the civ complete package it will work. You will just have to unzip the mod someplace else then manually put it in your scen folder since they changed the pathways for that version. :AH

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2007 07:44 
Private

Hi, after 4 months and 1 more day I will again have time to indulge myself with this mod :) If there is anything I can do to help again just tell me.

I thought I could do some more splash screens but I also have to see the latest version of the mod. Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2007 07:57 

Xerxes wrote:
Hi, after 4 months and 1 more day I will again have time to indulge myself with this mod :) If there is anything I can do to help again just tell me.

I thought I could do some more splash screens but I also have to see the latest version of the mod. Cheers!

Always looking for help. :bs

Go here and apply for membership in the Flamand and Thor's Sci Fi Workshop. When you are accepted you will get access to the hidden tester's forum where there is a new version of the mod being tested as of now.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=236

See you there. :AH

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2007 07:57 
Private

Hi there!

I got this mod working! and it is good! but a couple of questions, ...
One...is there any updates or newer versions to be downloaded, i have read a few reports that talk about other factions such as the "Northen Tribes" which are nowhere to be found in my version of the game....
Two...what difficulty do you guys place on, ive played the game a few times, and the computer players never seem to grow that big, ive restarted the game 3 times now (going up a difficulty each time) and factions like the New Reno familys and Vault City rarely get pass 2 cities

Overall, i like the way there is huge ammounts of critters moving around the map, im playing as the BoS and while i was invading the NCR, i had to pull back all my forces to try and check the advance of a huge hoard of death claws, it adds a nice kind of random encounter eliment to the game..

So! good mod!!, its just thos 2 questions that need answering please!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2007 14:14 

Formost wrote:
Hi there!

I got this mod working! and it is good! but a couple of questions, ...
One...is there any updates or newer versions to be downloaded, i have read a few reports that talk about other factions such as the "Northen Tribes" which are nowhere to be found in my version of the game....
Two...what difficulty do you guys place on, ive played the game a few times, and the computer players never seem to grow that big, ive restarted the game 3 times now (going up a difficulty each time) and factions like the New Reno familys and Vault City rarely get pass 2 cities

Overall, i like the way there is huge ammounts of critters moving around the map, im playing as the BoS and while i was invading the NCR, i had to pull back all my forces to try and check the advance of a huge hoard of death claws, it adds a nice kind of random encounter eliment to the game..

So! good mod!!, its just thos 2 questions that need answering please!

Formost, glad to see you like the mod, and yes another update is being playtested right now. It may be a bit, but I think you will like the results. :bs

As for difficulty levels the AI begins on Emperor, IIRC.

The Comp Ai has been reworked a bit since that version, because there is no intelligence in the AI imo. :bs So I tweaked a few of the settings and now they grow quite a bit better. :AH

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2007 17:24 
Private

hey fella!

hows the new mod coming!, i cant wait to play it, just woundering if there is a release date yet?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jul 2007 21:26 

Formost wrote:
hey fella!

hows the new mod coming!, i cant wait to play it, just woundering if there is a release date yet?!

Been kinda slow, that time of year and all. But steady progress is being made. :bs

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject: Hey
PostPosted: 16 Dec 2007 12:44 
Private

hey man, i was thinking, would i be able to get the newer version of the mod? it does kinda look like works stoped on it, and even if it hasnt i will be more then willing to help play test it and such?....as i think you have guessed, ive been watching this mod for some time, and would like to get my hands on the newer copy before it dissapears.....