The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 12:07

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bug Reporting
PostPosted: 24 May 2005 16:48 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

This is the thread for reporting bugs found in the mod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2006 19:14 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Whenever I try to click on the description of the PA unit at the Milstores Reclamation, the game will give me this error message:

I don't need to do anything other than click on the unit box in the technology section or in the civilopedia to bring the game crashing down. Looks like this one falls to the art department :AH

“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

"The only reason for being a professional writer is that you can't help it."

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

www.shallowbay.com Best. Band. Ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2006 20:23 

BOS< this thread is for the folks who have dl'ed the mod after release. :w This should go in the tester's bug thread. :bs

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2006 08:35 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Okay, I'll repost it there. :AH

“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

"The only reason for being a professional writer is that you can't help it."

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

www.shallowbay.com Best. Band. Ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2007 09:45 
Private

I am not able to unzip the Mod file, the line I get is:
! C:\Documents and Settings\Matthew\Desktop\FALMOD-1-08.zip: Unexpected end of archive

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2007 23:39 

Zangk wrote:
I am not able to unzip the Mod file, the line I get is:
! C:\Documents and Settings\Matthew\Desktop\FALMOD-1-08.zip: Unexpected end of archive

it is quite possible that when you DLed it it became corrupted. Did you try to Dl it a second time?

Cheers, Þórgrímr

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2007 02:18 
Private

Yep, then I downloaded it 2 more times after that. Then I updated Winrar, downloaded it maybe about 3 times, then got zip 7 and downloaded it twice. Each time it is the same message.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2007 10:36 

Damn, I don't know what to say. :as Nobody else has had to Dl it more than twice to get it. If you know of the website No Mutants Allowed, they also have it for downloading. Try to dl it there.

If that does not work, I will try to see what else I can do.

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2007 11:25 
Private

actualy i had same problem and the problem is that download is not compleate it disconnects in some point and i had WERY much troubles getting it done

IE and firefox failed and coldnt continu the download but fortunetly my friend had opera wich allows u to resume download

make sure u have 101mb or else winzip will say that there is error

(bad conection on server ?)

and other thing i first fount that mod in nma-fallout.com and it didnt work so i investigated and finaly fount this site where i coldnt download full mod file (it disconnected or smt) but now i finaly have it and its great :) i wanted to say that update that nma-fallout download so it wold work

maybe u cold make torrent out of it or smt

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2007 11:31 

ammon wrote:
actualy i had same problem and the problem is that download is not compleate it disconnects in some point and i had WERY much troubles getting it done

IE and firefox failed and coldnt continu the download but fortunetly my friend had opera wich allows u to resume download

make sure u have 101mb or else winzip will say that there is error

(bad conection on server ?)

and other thing i first fount that mod in nma-fallout.com and it didnt work so i investigated and finaly fount this site where i coldnt download full mod file (it disconnected or smt) but now i finaly have it and its great :) i wanted to say that update that nma-fallout download so it wold work

maybe u cold make torrent out of it or smt

Ammon, welcome to the World of the Gunny, and thanks for that information. The mod size is 181 mbs. So I guess that is the problem folks may be having. I guess I will have to put up a notice to use a download manager to make sure they can get it.

Once again thanks for that very useful information. :AH As for the server connection, I do not know. I have not had a problem when I tested DLing the mod. So I don't know what to say on that front. :sad

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2008 20:47 
Private

Hi not sure if the problems my fault. I'm new to the down loading mods thing. He goes.. I tried down load your mod, using the "getright download program. Once I try to unzip the file I get the following message
! D:\Documents and Settings\Arron\My Documents\Fall-Mod-Ver-1.13.rar: CRC failed in Fallout\Art\Units\Ghoul MG\GhoulAttack.WAV. The file is corrupt
! D:\Documents and Settings\Arron\My Documents\Fall-Mod-Ver-1.13.rar: Unexpected end of archive
Can anyone suggest and help?
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2008 21:04 

Marius wrote:
Hi not sure if the problems my fault. I'm new to the down loading mods thing. He goes.. I tried down load your mod, using the "getright download program. Once I try to unzip the file I get the following message
! D:\Documents and Settings\Arron\My Documents\Fall-Mod-Ver-1.13.rar: CRC failed in Fallout\Art\Units\Ghoul MG\GhoulAttack.WAV. The file is corrupt
! D:\Documents and Settings\Arron\My Documents\Fall-Mod-Ver-1.13.rar: Unexpected end of archive
Can anyone suggest and help?
Thanks

Marius, welcome to WOTG. It sounds like the DL manager screwed up the DL somehow. Have you tried to re-DL it? So far nobody else has reported this problem. Let me know what happens when you try to DL it again. :AH

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2008 11:11 
Private

Well I down loaded it again. This time it wanted to resume from where it left off(?!).
Anyway it works now, so thanks. I will prob not be seen by anyone for the next couple of days lol.
Keep coming up with cool mods. (Now if only I could work out how to use the editor!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2008 11:22 

Marius wrote:
Well I down loaded it again. This time it wanted to resume from where it left off(?!).
Anyway it works now, so thanks. I will prob not be seen by anyone for the next couple of days lol.
Keep coming up with cool mods. (Now if only I could work out how to use the editor!)

I am glad to see the second DL worked out for you. :AH As for other mods, you could try my War of the Worlds mod I made. :w :bs

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400