The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 03:56

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Star Wars Battle Front II
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2006 18:00 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Location: Vault-13, stuck on the 4th Floor that doesn't exist
Alright, spending time with Carib and his whacky crew, you tend to pick up habits. I picked up one and I am thoroughly addicted to Star Wars Battle Front II. Now, if you played the first one and felt it lacked a few things, battle front II makes up for it in a bgig way. You play thye major battles from Episode 3 to the climatic Imperial Victory on Hoth.

Missions are ranked motivated based on medals and points acquired. Now with Battle Front 2, the storyline is focused on the Rise of the Empire from the view point of the Empires finest troop division the 501st. And if you ever had a thing against Jedis you can take part in the Jedi temple massacre and if you get enough points you can come in as Anakin to help clean up.

Galatic Conquest is where it's at. When Playing with a team mate, the games never end. Strategy really is a high pointer since unlike Battle Front 1 where one can simply win a match by war of attrition, in Battle Front 2, your men seem limited while your enemy is slightly infinite, so it's no longer hold the line till the laser bolts cease, it's follow orders, take points and kick ass.

I suggest those with PS2 rent it and try it out... You won't be sorry.

For PCs, I say it's worth buying so take it a look at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2006 18:05 
Corporal
Corporal

I love the Jedi battles, the Long haired green skinned Jedi lady rocks!!!! Sorry Not Star wars savy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2006 19:21 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

I had been looking forward to playing this game. I had purchased Star Wars Rebellion, and unlike others I quite enjoyed it. So when it was announced this game was added to my get list. But, alas, Sir Crash-A-Lot would choke on the specs your machine needs to run this game. :AM

Maybe one day when I get rich and can afford another machine I will pick this one up.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2006 20:30 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Well, pretty much addicted to the game, I like it... but it can get intense and makes you remember wars aren't won by attrition alone, as that was one way to beat Battle Front 1 hands down. The Hero Characters, be it Boba Fett, Anakin or Darth Vader himself, it's a treat.

The story telling is wonderful, voiced by the actor who did Boba Fett, it adds debth and gives you insight on how the clones felt about Order 66. You see the clones aren't evil, they are soldiers following orders and fighting for an Emperor they believe in. But you can also detect remorse, especially when it came to killing the Jedi.

And I agree with you Thor master, when I get funds I was definitely get it for comp and plays my nights on it online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2006 20:34 
Company Sergeant Major
Company Sergeant Major

Thorgrimm wrote:
I had been looking forward to playing this game. I had purchased Star Wars Rebellion, and unlike others I quite enjoyed it.
Never heard of it, hang on quick search requirements win95. Hmm next you'll be telling us you're looking forward to getting Force Commander. :bs

What's the single player for SW BF II like? Is it worth getting for sp alone? As I've yet to find a game that's made me want to go online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2006 11:54 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Single Player is tough, but just as fun, though it seems to be the sort of game that is fun when playing it with at least two players, coordination seems to be a lot better.

Personally SP is hard as hell, especially if you're playing the storyline mode.

What I suggest is you rent it and try it out for yourself.

If you find Battle Front II far too aggressive, try the first one, which is by far simpler (for those who like winning war through attrition alone) :r

On another note, the game has a rank system:

Private - You can order around on AI character

Sergeant - Can order around two men (requires a lot of medals, though)

Captain (My current rank) - Alot of medals and you can command three men.

General - Command Four Men and get respect from your peeps

Now medals are earned by various means, depending on the amount of kills or points you gain through one life. You rack of medals in one category and you get a better version of said weapon. It's diverse, and personnally this game is best played online or in a lan party.

And with the add-ons coming soon, you maybe able to play different campaigns and what not.

Force Commander sounds interesting... And Thrawn from the Books was perhaps one of the best villains in the Star Wars universe to date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2006 12:37 
Company Sergeant Major
Company Sergeant Major

You can't rent PC games around here, console games yes but then I don't have a console. :ad

Force Commander had a really bad rep, I was just ribbing Thorgrimm about the age of Rebellion. :w

SW Empire at War looks to be the one to get, I'm just trying to decide if to download the demo or not. At 741.89 MB the demo is larger than some complete games I've got, and is a bit much of a download even for broadband.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2006 13:14 

Req, I know you were just razzin me. :bs But since I started talking about it I figured I would put up a review. Empires at War is what I was looking forward to. As it seems to be a redo of Rebellion, just a different style is all.

What are the requirements of SW: E.A.W. Req?

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2006 15:30 
Company Sergeant Major
Company Sergeant Major

No idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2006 20:43 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Yes, I have to agree on that, Empire at War does look ultra cool, besides, Empire for life for all those Vader haters out there, remember we got Death Star and we'll blow your planet up!

Well look up the reviews, and from what I seen they are pretty solid ones!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2006 22:41 
Corporal
Corporal

I like the Clone War Era... The clones rock, especially the engineers and that cool shotgun thing they have. Nice for clearing out enemies, and of course, the Clone Marines (armed with rocket launcher and Blaster rifle) what better combo do you need?

Unfortunately, clone marines are only good for the space levels, like when you need to board a ship. :fr

But they still rock!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2006 08:16 
Company Sergeant Major
Company Sergeant Major

Min requirements for EAW

- Computer: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible computer
- CPU: Intel Pentium III 1.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz
- Operating System: Windows 2000, Windows XP
- Ram: 256MB
- Graphics Card: 32 MB graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) capability
- Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible, PCI or Onboard Audio Device
- Internet: 56kbps or faster connection (required for multiplayer only)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2006 16:33 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Battle Front II does sport a nice mode of Heroes Vs. Villains battle royale!!! So if you ever wanted to macth the wits of the Fetts or Good Jedi against Bad Jedi, you can take this mode. Personally, I like the standard skirmish modes.

Capture the flag is also a fun game!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2006 16:54 

@Req, thanks for the specs dude.

@Carib, sounds good. Hopefully I will be able to get a rig that can run the game one day. :AM

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2006 10:54 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Location: Vault-13, stuck on the 4th Floor that doesn't exist
And flying is fun.... I mean Rebel for life!!!!

Carib and Naomi are for the Empire (BOOOOO HISSSS)

The space battles are also interesting where parties can attack the other ship with ships or take a carrier ship and bring troops to board enemy ships and detroy their shields and turn their turrets against them!!!