The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 09:40

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2006 09:09 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

BOS, nope not a pic prob, but a naming prob, one too many spaces. :bs

And fixed. Good catch bud. :br

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2006 09:31 
Corporal
Corporal

Ken...I will send you Both Both the Large and Small buildings sheets just so they stay together. I already have the Scavenger Market on Both. As for ALL Buildings...well NOT All because I thought I saw a small wonder in the editor.

I was waiting for your feedback on the Crawling Brain Run Flc and Preview I sent you so I I took the time to look over a few things.

Not a Big Deal but I am also sending you some Changed Map Resources and Irrigation changes. Geckos and Golden Geckos are 20% smaller. Xander Root is 10% smaller and 5% more contrast. Bullets are 10% smaller and 7% less contrast. I colored the Gold slightly so it looks like Gold but stays in Keeping with your "World" (I did not know what it was lol). The Irrigation has a -15% color Shift with a reduction in color of -40%...I thought it was too Bright and Lushous looking for the"World" it is in. I can add, replace or change what ever you want. I will send these Changes with the other files so you can take a look at them. Won't hurt my "feeling" if you do not wanmt them.

Listen...concerning the Buildings...would be Best and Easiest to absolutely verify each Building is ok in the game as the corrections are made to the necessary files so........Make a Correction.bic (named that way) that has all buildings with no cost, Tech requirements or Resource requirements and ALL buildings set for one CIV to build so all Building can be tested Fast by playing that CIV...one per move anyway.
I will send the above mentioned files to you now Ken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2006 10:01 
Corporal
Corporal

Forgot to mention that any and all superfluous files should be removed ...they merely add Bulk to the Download and on our computers lol. Many "Fallout Bak.bic" files and others such as the "buildings-small2,pcx" extra files can go. In other words, use the "KISS" Principal and separate backup files from the Ongoing Game files being used. Less confusion and the game files will be ready to upload any time all things are finished IF you keep all of those files Up to date and ready. When and if any files are changed, Back up separately the older files somewhere else and continue to keep the test game files all ready as if finished. Hope that makes sense. What files are you now testing with Ken...the "BAK" file you last uploaded? Are you changing the file name and using it that way or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2006 13:16 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Fatal error with the NCR around turn 175. It didn't let me take a screenshot, so I'll have to reload at my closest save and get back to you with specifics.

“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

"The only reason for being a professional writer is that you can't help it."

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

www.shallowbay.com Best. Band. Ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2006 16:22 
Corporal
Corporal

Rob..what specifically were you or the AI doing or what did you click on or what was taking place when the game Crashed? Error Messages can give some insight but do not generally help much with specifics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2006 16:26 

Rob, Greg is right. I need more details to be able to track it down.

Oh Greg, sorry about the chat, but to be honest I fell asleep in the chair. I went to bed at 3 am last night and got up at a lil before 8. Been tired all day. So if you thought I was ignoring you I wasn't, I was snoozing. :AE

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2006 17:21 
Corporal
Corporal

Ken...is OK, I am able to entertain myself so sufficiently that I didn't know you were "gone" for quite a while :bl ... of course, you especially know how Chess Players are... or at least tend to be. "Nerds" Right? Use to waiting on there Opponents moves and entertaining themselves with other possibilities to the point of Obliviousness :bs hmmmmm, guess this Chess "Dig" is getting Old but must have some way to defend the Honor and save face for the Great Vuldacon :gl
...Seriously, the game crashes are first prioriety so Hear Ye, Hear Ye.....The Fearless Leader has charged us with the Mission to Find the "Holy Grail" ...or fix those pesky Game Crashes, which ever comes first...er, uh, hmmmm, I mean...so let us be vigilant in our approach and duties as we search for and Beat Down the seemingly relentless and perplexing "Crash Warriors" of our beloved Fall Out..............besides, Our Fearless Leader promices Beautiful Young Maidens and Ale Awaits the Heros. :bs eeheheheheheeee!
...Note to self, "make appointment to talk to a Good Psychiatrist, but no need to inform him about the Young Maidens and the Big Party.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2006 20:29 

Greg you read Nodwick? Well if you do you will recognize this statement.

I spent all my share on Ale and Whores.

Ale and Whores for the crew when thy bugs be gone! :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2006 04:32 
Corporal
Corporal

Yes indeed OLE Noble and Venerable Commander...it is not difficult at all for me to be vary tangential so I focus extremely on what ever I am working on. I am working on the animations for the Crawling Brain now but do have many thoughts about trouble-shooting crash reports. Will seriously get into that when the unit is completed. We will fix the crash situations and "bugs" as well as add some more Cool things to this worthy MOD. Of all the MOD's I have seen, Fall Out has the Best Map Graphics and offers a very appealing Fantasy venue for creativity.
...in the mean time, the game testing and pointing out any crashes and bugs is invaluable as a base list to work from.

Werner and Rob...You guys are Great! Your testing, feedback, ideas, thoughts, feelings, opinions, impressions, personal expertise and efforts in many areas are of utmost importance to help finalize Fall Out for others to Enjoy. I hope to offer as much assistance and meet with your approval as a member of this Team. Onward to Success My Friends. :AH

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2006 11:09 

Greg, you are a VERY valued member of this team now, and I thank you for the compliment on the mod, makes me feel my time has not been wasted. :bs

And you are correct, ever onwards and forward.

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2006 12:06 
Corporal
Corporal

Hey Greg ... you forgot to mention BOS :AM

But I'm sure that the young grasshoppah will forgive the aged their memory lapses :gl

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2006 12:11 

Werner, Greg DID mention BOS, Rob is BOS. :w

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2006 15:11 
Corporal
Corporal

Yes Werner...I couldn't Forget Rob, "BOS13", ...He has been here far longer than we have...but since Rob seems like "one of the Good Guys", I am sure he will overlook that you didn'y know his name yet being a "Newbie" like me :bs

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2006 15:34 

Greg, I have bad news, I used your new Buildings large and small, and editied the scavenger's market to era and the 8 entries in the Pediaicons txt, but still got the crash. I have started a new game and also fixed Iggy's Bit's to what you said, and I will let you know what happens when I try to build them in the new game. But so far not looking good. :AM

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2006 15:48 
Corporal
Corporal

ok Ken...I tested it in my game and it was ok. This building situation could be some added factors. Still not sure if the Civilopedia and PediIcons sheets are correct. I assume the last Update .biq was from a fresh installation of Conquest?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2006 15:54 

Greg yeah it was from a fresh new install of Conquests. I have a sneaking suspicion it was because it was a saved game as to why they did not work. The reason why I am starting a new game to see.

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2006 16:03 
Corporal
Corporal

Absolutely...that would cause it for sure. This is why I use a "Test biq" and start fresh every time from the save game position or from the start. When I was testing the buildings crash situation...that happened to my Saved Games as well but Not new games. Hope that works out the same for you. I suspect that there are still a few bugs that need addressing that may offer more stability as well. As soon as I get this Crawling Brain completed I will look into it more. Just completed the 200 total frames for the Default Flc and continueing on ...Fortify, Fidget, AttackA, AttackB, Victory and Death for a total of 8 flcs...than finish the Large and Small pcx files for the Civilopedia and the units_32.pcx...then Sounds for the flcs...so if you see a site that has sounds from that old 50's Movie or any sounds that could be used from anywhere...please let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2006 16:12 

Greg, I just thought of a game that will have the sounds! I was an atomic mutant! If you don't have a copy I will rip into my copy and see if I can snatch some sounds. :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2006 16:17 
Corporal
Corporal

Great!...no, I do not have that one so by all means...Rip away :bl

Post subject: CIV Unit Sound "Bugs"
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2006 04:11 
Corporal
Corporal

Unit Sound "Bugs"...

I have noticed that all sounds for the "Scout Dog" do not. The Reason is ..Wrong Format.

The Fidget and Victory are set ok but the Run, Attack, Fortify and Death are NOT. Note: some different formats will play where you can hear them but they will not sound correct if not the correct format such as the Run for the Scout Dog.

Any of you can correct most sounds with "Windows Sound Recorder", Located in Start//All Programs/Accessories/Entertainment/Sound Recorder.

CIV uses 22.050 kHz, 16 Bit, MONO, 43kb/sec. Not Sterio or other formats.

1. Open Windows Sound Recorder, Click "File" then "Open" and navigate to the sound you want to check or change.

2. Double left click the sound to Open it in Windows Sound Recorder. Click "File" again and then click "Properties". In the "Details" window that opens, you can read the information of the sound you opened. IF the sound is not the correct format as I stated above, click the "Convert Now" button, located on the Details window, Middle Right side.

3. Another small window will pop up called "Sound Selection". On the Top, under "Name" you will see a window...click the Arrow button on the right side of this window and in the list, Selest "Radio Quality"...this is the correct format for CIV Unit Sounds. Click "OK" and then "OK" again on the "details" window. Now your sound is converted and will play in CIV. Simply Say "Yes" when you exit Windows Sound Recorder" when asked if you want to save the change...ot you can save by using the File Button and Saving your sound but the lasy way is just exit or open another sound and you will be "politely" asked :gl

...Much more to sounds and certainly a Good Sound Editor Helps do far more than Windows Sound Recorder, However this simple program not only works Fine for converting sounds but also to adjust and alter them...play around with the buttons and see. I will spare you a lengthy "tutorial" on the details of the Windows Sound Recorder until another time...or until asked. Just wanted to convey the "How To's" concerning checking and adjusting Units Sounds with a Program that everyone has in their computer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2006 04:20 
Corporal
Corporal

P. S....hope all you guys can read Typos, missing and mispelled words ok...I am the King of those Errors and fail to always double check when posting. Up too long....need some Zzzzzzzzzzzzz talk to you guys later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2006 10:17 

Greg, one small problem, Win 98 does not have that feature. I have looked and do not have it. :sad So I can not adjust the sounds. And on another sad note, yes I was an Atomic Mutant has great sounds, BUT they are kept in a special file called resources.it. So no go on those sounds unless you can crack that format.

Sorry for the double dose of bad news.

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2006 12:27 
Corporal
Corporal

Regarding sound for Crawling Brain ... you could easily get a Theremin sound ... I could even get some if wanted from some sites I investigated for an opera (we even had one built for us LOL)

Virtually every Pulp 50's SciFi used the Theremin for the alien sounds.

btw ... Theremin is the sound utilized by the Beach Boys and also Dr.Who

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2006 13:37 

Werner, soods good snag them bad boys. :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2006 16:17 
Corporal
Corporal

Werner...yes, I would like to hear those sounds...good work searching around and finding some things for possible use. Good Man :bs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next