The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 19 Mar 2024 05:52

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 11:32 
Corporal
Corporal

My belief system easily encompases chocolate eggs ... however I prefer Billbies (cute marcupial with long ears) to rabbits :bl

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 21:46 
Corporal
Corporal

No, we keep in touch by E-Mail as well and have exchanged Happy Easter Greetings and yes, I know they are a day ahead.
Werner, Perhaps you can let us all know in advance if the day will be a good one or if we need a warning ...AHAHAHAAAAA :bl

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2006 09:44 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Werner, yes, yes indeed, this is truly a wonderful team. :bs :adv

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2006 12:12 
Corporal
Corporal

Werner and Ken...I agree, we have a Good Team here and that makes all the difference.

.....BTW, did you guys know that Pessimists are the most likely to have a blood type of B-Negitive? :bl

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 01:37 
Corporal
Corporal

We definitely need to have a Great Wonder that is accociated with Nuke Cola

... maybe a something like a franchise that adds a Cola Dispenser in every town

The Cola Dispenser would also be a city improvement ... that adds income and maybe happy/content faces.

Anyway have asked a question about the origin of this unique beverage on the Welcome New Members thread :AH

Fallouters could advise if it is specific to a certain civ or readily available to all ... which of course could alter the initial Great Wonder idea.

Added to that I'm sure it would also be dependent on a resource ... again Fallouters who know the recipe can advise :w

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 03:55 
Corporal
Corporal

Just thinking that if there are no plans already ... add a Great Wonder based on Nuka Cola ... perhaps treat it as a franchise that added a Cola Dispenser in every city.

I'm still investigating this brave new world called Fallout ... and would suggest that it is available only to those civs that use it.

if only one civ ... then so be it ... the technology could be associated with a general Herbal Law knowledge. (again the Fallouters among us could fill in the gaps as to the recipe or origin of this beverage.)

A city improvement could be Cola Dispenser which adds income or happy/content effect.

I'm sure that it would also be dependent on the availability one or more resources.

If the origin is a mystery and not fleshed out ... let's do a Colonel Sanders on it.

Options ... Iguana, Green Goo, Radscorpion, Brahmin, Mutanted Corn.

Anyway this came about from some fun on the Greeting to New Members thread

EDIT ... Just found out that it is adictive ... niiice :bl ... I like it when there are also negatives attached ... makes you really think about the benefits of building things :AH

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 10:46 
Corporal
Corporal

Having it as a Wonder would create a race ... those that miss out could still build individual Cola Dispensers in their cities.

War Hammer (sorry for constant reference) has a wonder called Bugmann's Brewery which is a franchise that creates a pub in every city. Less upkeep as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 10:50 

Ok, good suggestion, Great Wonder it will be. And a new building will be the Nuka Cola Machine. :bs Great job dude. :br

As for the Warhammer references I have no problems with that at all, if you see something that can be adapted for the mod, by all means suggest away. :bs

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 11:39 
Corporal
Corporal

Regarding picture ... I started a new thread on the public forum inviting people to post pictures ... there is one that looks like an advert for coke ... very wholesome 50's feel ... perhaps that could be used.

Maybe we don't need a building as such either ... I also posted 2 different icons a gold and a dark bottle ... one perhaps for the wonder and the other to be used in the city build screen to indicate the dispencing machines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 11:56 

Werner, yeah that was the pic I was thinking for the Wonder splash. I had always liked that one. One reason is on his collar, look closely at his collar pips. :w

And I like the idea of just the Nuka Cola bottle as the 'building' pic. Keep up the good suggestions dude. :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 14:14 

Gents I apoligize for derailing the thread. And as much as I love a good debate on time, I have to split the debate from the mod upgrades thread. I put it in the Mess hall. And by all means continue, VERY interesting. :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2006 09:37 
Corporal
Corporal

If a Generic Army graphic is going to be used ... each faction should have a small wonder (different names) which aid the promotion of armies in the field ... the Enclave's version could be called Medal of Honour.

if not an different army graphics will be used ... then have the small wonder (different names) which allow armies to be spawned.
New Reno Mobs could have their's called Secret Family Oath or Code ... or something similarly Mafioso.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2006 09:44 

Werner, it is intended for all civs to have their own army, and small wonder to activate them. :AH

Gunny's color #FF2400