The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 18 Mar 2024 22:55

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 May 2006 11:30 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Jos, you still have the things you need to send? Been six days since I posted to go ahead and send what you have. :AH

Cheers, Ken

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 May 2006 12:52 
Corporal
Corporal

I'm waiting for you to show up on Yahoo... Kinda much to send by mail

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2006 10:54 
Corporal
Corporal

Anyone there? :cry

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2006 12:39 
Corporal
Corporal

I'm unfortunately in Lurker mode at the moment due to health reasons :sad ... but will be back to testing soon. :AH

What are you working on Flamand?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2006 17:58 
Corporal
Corporal

Some interface stuff, but mainly playing Fallout 2... :w

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2006 14:49 

Folks, I apologise for my extended abscence, but lets just say I am believing even more the old saying, a good deed never goes unpunished. :cry

I do not wish to get into details as they are still too painful, but lets just say that I am currently living in the garage of my brother's girlfriend and just got the net connection re-attached today. Give me some time to get back on the horse and continue with the mod.

I am sorry I could not inform you all earlier, but I really had no chance till today.

Could the ones still interested in helping give a shout please.

Thorgrimm

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2006 18:32 
Corporal
Corporal

Reading between the lines ... I am sorry to read that life has taken to testing you ... what doesn't kill us makes us stronger they (whoever 'they' are) say.

I am still interested in assisting, however I cannot commit (due to my own RL challenges) as much time as I previously did.

I am more able to workshop ideas and fine tune rather then to play test at a rate that you require.

There has been some interest in the Civ Fanatics site ... and I am sure that if you allow, you can easily get people (who are familiar with the original game) to test the mod. Even if these guys are short lived ... problems will be addressed sooner.

If this is OK with you then I am still in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2006 20:25 

Werner, contribute what you can my friend. No worries.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2006 21:10 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

I know I've been doing...well, nothing lately, but after school ends I'll have more time. How much time depends on where I end up working, but come June 8(? I think it's 8) I'll try to get back to it.

“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

"The only reason for being a professional writer is that you can't help it."

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

www.shallowbay.com Best. Band. Ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2006 00:38 
Corporal
Corporal

Thorgrimm wrote:
Could the ones still interested in helping give a shout please.

Euh... SHOUT...! :w Sorry to hear RL hasn't been kind to you... Some Russian guy called Ondrata has been making a lot of great ideas on the CFC forum. Maybe worth taking a look at...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2006 10:42 

Jos, thanks I will check CFC out. :AH

Cheers, Ken

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2006 09:28 

Jos, I have a question for you, should I throw open the mod for open beta testing? Or should I keep it closed?

Thoughts?

Cheers, Ken

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2006 17:35 
Corporal
Corporal

Open beta testing would be great for finding lots of bugs, but a definite way of never reaching the alpha stage... Since so many people are waiting for this mod you won't have any problems finding beta testers. But will those people really help, or just take a run for the freebies and never show up again...?

I guess it's all up to the inclusion criteria of the test team, mainly the reliability of the members, which means itisno longer open testing... :w

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2006 18:20 

Jos, yeah that is the problem and why I never went the route of open testing. As truth be told I can't count on 99.99% of the people dling it to offer any input. :ad

But as of now, it looks like it is down to you and me bud doing the work. :bs

Cheers, Ken

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2006 02:08 
Corporal
Corporal

And Werner? Where is he?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2006 09:04 

You got me, but I think he lost interest when I booted Vuldacon. As his input ended after that happened.

But I am used to folks telling me one thing and doing another by now. So I just keep trudging on. :bs

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2006 11:39 
Corporal
Corporal

Don't count him out just yet. He was sick for a while and still shows his nose on the CFC FO thread. Maybe you should PM him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2006 14:24 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

I talked to him not long ago on AIM, and he seemed to be interested, but was worried about recent lack of activity.

“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

"The only reason for being a professional writer is that you can't help it."

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

www.shallowbay.com Best. Band. Ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2006 15:15 
Corporal
Corporal

Well, then we'll have to do something about that then... :w

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2006 13:22 

Jos, I have a question for you, would you want to start working on the ST mod again? I can't seem to work up any motivation right now to work on the FO mod. Maybe working on the ST mod would help. :bs

I think I need a break from Fallout for a while.

Cheers, Ken

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2006 15:53 
Corporal
Corporal

I was waiting for you to say that... :bs The Klingon were kinda messed up, so may start there?

oops wrong forum! :w

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2006 21:58 

Sure, the boneheads sounds like a good place to start. :bs

Cheers, Ken

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7