The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 19 Mar 2024 01:51

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 05:36 
Corporal
Corporal

The Steel metioned twice is a technology not a resource.

So I think it is redundant in the later tech pre-requisite.

So it is like saying a pre-requisite for Hyper Physics is Advanced Physics and also Physics

or am I missing something ? :AH

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 07:00 
Corporal
Corporal

Werner, in this case yes...I was under the impression that in this MOD, Steel was made into a Resource. Sorry, I was not paying attention from focusing on other things and did not look...Steel as a tech is not required for Methanol Engines due to Small Engine Repair requiring it in the first place and then being a requirement of Methanol Engines. Requiring Steel again is superfluous. Even though this should not affect the game, it is indeed un-necessary redundancy.

I think..."Hi I am Schizophrenic and so am I" seems appropriate here :bl

...good thing you are persistent with these things...but I cannot help but wonder exactly how many people would notice that playing the game. No matter because it is as you put it..."like saying a pre-requisite for Hyper Physics is Advanced Physics and also Physics". It is still a prerequisite but one that is a given by the other prerequisite. Guess if we did this as a rule, we would have to list ALL previous tech requirements for all future things, starting from the beginning of the tech tree lol. good catch mate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 08:07 
Corporal
Corporal

I think the more appropriate term would be anal :gl

Actually I suspect that these things creep into the .biq when a tech is added midway through a knowledge chain.

Damn the Editor is a bastard to work with ... anyone know of a program that works easier?

Even to be able to change the listing order of things would help :AM

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 08:16 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Well, I know you two are gonna hate me for this, but the pre reqs are not gonna change, as you yourself pointed out Werner, it is anal and makes no difference. :bs So why worry about it? :w

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 08:23 
Corporal
Corporal

lol...simply Uncheck steel in the esitor for Methanol Engines...IF you havbe it kisted in the Civilopedia, that can also easily be changed. Too simple not to correct.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 08:27 
Corporal
Corporal

Quote:
Damn the Editor is a bastard to work with ... anyone know of a program that works easier?

..Werner, Not for the editor but if you want something for the Civilopedia, try this from "Steph": http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthrea ... adid=52285

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 08:34 

Compared to trying to mod civ 4, the civ 3 editor is a dream come true. :ad

Even though, if I could, I would use civ 4, it would allow a lot of things to happen that civ 3 does not.

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 08:36 
Corporal
Corporal

Yes indeedaly doodaly lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 00:52 
Corporal
Corporal

Just slowly going through some walkthoughs and information about the game on the sites someone suggested (I think either BOS13 or Thorgrimm)

Could we use certain pictures from the game to flesh out the tech tree ...

I'm thinking something like using pictures of the different weapons available to illustrate the upgrade chain?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 01:26 
Corporal
Corporal

Here is a link to CFC threads where people have newly designed tech icons

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=167056

I'm wondering if it could add to our list for future
... In particular I like the second image on post 3 ... the water looks like our terrain :AH
... also the third looks good too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 09:11 
Corporal
Corporal

Yes, I was wondering if Tech Icons they were suppose to have a perticular look or if other pictures could be used as well. Wow, Werner, you do seem to really get around and always have your eyes open for possible helpful additions or things we may be looking for. I think besides Testor and being in charge of reports and important spread sheets and game info. You may need an additional "Label"..."Executive Scrounger" :bs Of course as Ken has pointed out, Testing all things in the game is Top Priority so any other Great Work and any improvements and additions that can be made will then be worth more than things that look good in a game but do not work well. All the Testing you and Rob are doing is the most important job until all bugs are known and corrected. Without the bugs being corrected, there would be no point in releasing this Game and the only way to know what Bugs are there is to Test All Things. At least you and Rob get to play the game lol....That is one of the Drawbacks of doing any other work for a game...no time to actually play it. Testing, as far as I am concerned, also includes the esthetics of all things in the game and your thoughts concerning this are equally important. I think the Tech Tree will also be improved.
...Keep up the Good Work "Scrounger" :bs

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 10:06 

Greg is correct, And as for the tech icons I would like for them to look like the Pipboy icons I have in some, or actual weapons or items from the RPG's. :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400