The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 17:51

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Emergency Meeting
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2005 22:59 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

*Rama walks into a vacant room, a conference room with a round table. The way Thorgrimm would have it. All equal.8

Okay ladies and gentlemen, I think you know why we are all here. Our good friend Kenneth Dickinson AKA Thorgrimm has gone AWOL and though I am not one to jump the gun, I am a bit concerned to his wellfare.

Now, I won't panic and I hope no one else does, but we will assume no until perhaps the next coming weeks, Ol' Thor will be gone; either pushed underground by an accident, and such can happen; even in these times... or "family business". Now, Suaside is defacto honcho on this board and I am just a mere mod for RP.

He had his plans and I won't second guess them.

Just for all it concerns, the month of August - I will be abscent till the 26th of August as of Wednesday, and the rest of the Carib crew... well, Naomi and Reno are in St. Maarten. Lawless will be leaving Monday to visit his folks in B'dos and perhaps go down to Guyana as well. He'll be back till September... Or earlier.

RR will be in the country at her families land...

And well see you guys inbetween... You have My-emails

Carib_FMJ@hotmail, so feel free to contact me.

Don't be strangers.

This is a Memo,

Sincerely,
Rama

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2005 02:48 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Location: MaxiMegalon Institute of Slowly and Painfully Working Out the Suprisingly Obvious
everyone have a good time.
especially you Carib, it's raining overhere (and since the climate at kohl is pretty much the same as overhere...) :p

as far as thor goes, no one knows & no one seems to have a way to contact him except mail & forums. lets hope it's just his bro that forgot to pay the bills again. ^^

as for now, i guess the RP is going into hibernation for a while, but check in from time to time for more news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2005 12:25 
Sergeant Major of the USMC
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Well, I am glad My bro got back before the coup occurred. :w

Seriously, what happened is that while surfing the civ sites, a worm called intell32.exe crawled into my system and corrupted explorer.exe. So the next time I fired up Sir Crash-A-Lot, it would not load. I tried safe mode, step by step, and safe mode step by step. Nothing worked. I had to start in dos mode and delete the entire windows directory then reload my OS. Needless to say, all the DLL's required by the installed software went along with the directory. So I am in the middle of reloading ALL my software again.

I was seriously giving thought to abandoning the net in toto, but then I considered all you loyal followers of Gunny, and realised that I have a duty and responsibility to you all and decided to limit my net roaming to here. I am posting this on my bro's laptop and when I get the comcast tech over here to reload the NIC card drivers I will post the second part of the Trap. It is already written. :bs

Cheers Thorgrimm

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2005 12:38 
Private First Class
Private First Class

You know, we should just all wire you the money to buy a new computer. :w

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2005 10:05 
Corporal
Corporal

I was wondering where you're at. Nice... Oh, sorry for my off and on-ness, had personal issues to iron out. Job is taking a toll on me. As it's back to school month, I work long hours in the hope of more green dollars.

So if you don't see me around for sometime, it is because of that.

I'm helping Rama and his mom pack for the trip... RR is making the break fast.