The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 19 Mar 2024 03:47

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Picture Time, for all pics... So no diging up old thread
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011 17:59 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I admit, I like it. Mostly because i like its looks. I have no idea what it does :)

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2011 12:38 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Carib wrote:
The M107 Barrett Anti-Material Weapon. The Updated model of the venerable and still widely used and popular M82 series Barrett. This one is slightly lighter (a Barrett weighs as much as a M240B about 27 to 32 lbs).

The modern version of momma! Me likes! :bs :SN

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2011 20:43 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Here is the Regimental Ball pics from the 1st Dec 2011. Me and the wife. See me in my spiffy Greens!!!

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2011 00:33 

You and your beautiful wife look very dignifed my friend. A very good pic. :AH

Also, Merry Christmas. May God bless you and your family this holiday season. :AH

Always your friend, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2012 19:55 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

The latest from D Co (Dog Company) Heavy Weapons, 2nd BN-502 IN Regt, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault)

The New Guy and I. And the new Guy, PFC Harvey is a pretty sharp kid. He's actually throwing in a Warrant Packet.

Our Ride

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2012 19:58 

Looking good bud! Keep the pics coming!

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012 00:23 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I've been doing a bit of hiking in my spare time, and here's some photo's from my favorite campsite. It's the ledge of a cliff above a river, and it's in the perfect spot. About a 3-3.5hr climb (some would call it a walk, but it's fucking steep) down, then when we get to the rocks we need a rope to get down to there, so it's usually fairly isolated.

Me at a campsite on the Colo River in NSW. That's our cooking fire....

That's the ledge where we slept. The cliff above us overhangs, so we didn't even get wet in the rain,or any dew.

That's the view I woke up to that morning.... There's also a cave further downstream (left in the photo) that we go to sometimes, and the way down take us straight to those big rocks in the water... It's a bit of a bitch to get down, especially the first time, because I didn't know if that water was OK to drink, so I had 7L in my pack.

Wave your arms and shout."

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012 09:35 

Benno the Mad wrote:
I've been doing a bit of hiking in my spare time, and here's some photo's from my favorite campsite. It's the ledge of a cliff above a river, and it's in the perfect spot. About a 3-3.5hr climb (some would call it a walk, but it's fucking steep) down, then when we get to the rocks we need a rope to get down to there, so it's usually fairly isolated.

Me at a campsite on the Colo River in NSW. That's our cooking fire....

That's the ledge where we slept. The cliff above us overhangs, so we didn't even get wet in the rain,or any dew.

That's the view I woke up to that morning.... There's also a cave further downstream (left in the photo) that we go to sometimes, and the way down take us straight to those big rocks in the water... It's a bit of a bitch to get down, especially the first time, because I didn't know if that water was OK to drink, so I had 7L in my pack.

Dude, that is some beautiful country! It reminds me of the Rockies in western Colorado and Idaho!

I apologize for not getting the forum set up, Haegan and I spent all weekend getting the Gunny book two ready for publication! It will be up today, though. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012 10:10 

Benno, forum and group have been set up. Let me know if you can see them. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9