The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 19 Mar 2024 05:45

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Picture Time, for all pics... So no diging up old threads
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2006 11:49 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Here to submit your pics folks. And here's me, very recent and yes, no long hair :sad

Oh, well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2006 15:06 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Eh, why not. This is the best one of me I could find, and it's scary how much I look like my dad.

EDIT: God, I don't think there's one photo of me without my glasses askew.

“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

"The only reason for being a professional writer is that you can't help it."

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

www.shallowbay.com Best. Band. Ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2006 16:25 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

I took this last night after I got home from the concert, (2 hour drive there, 4 hours there [1 and a half of which were spent jumping about and acting like a retard] and two hours back) and I look like a friggin' zombie. But the shirt is kewl, so...

“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

"The only reason for being a professional writer is that you can't help it."

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

www.shallowbay.com Best. Band. Ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2006 12:28 
Private

you can all find mine at
www.myspace.com/xbox360123

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2006 12:46 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Kaiii21 welcome to the World of the Gunny. :AH If you email me your pic I will put it up on the FTP then add it to your post.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2006 18:34 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Rama of Army Strong!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2007 00:57 
Private First Class
Private First Class

Picture of us in the smudge stick effect.

(left to right: James, Me, Mick)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2007 05:25 

A, nice to see yer mug finally on WOTG. :bs

Cool effects with the pics dude.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2007 10:49 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Nice

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2007 08:45 
Corporal
Corporal

Me doing my best "Dead Rising" this was back at the Miramar Airshow in October... sorry don't have anything recent... click on it it gets bigger

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2007 04:52 
Sergeant
Sergeant

i dont know what dead rising is, so that means nothing to me.

the latest picture i have of me is me lying on the floor after being hit in the mummy-daddy button with a pool cue. I dont want to post a pic of me crying in the foetal position on this site, though.

on the plus side, i wont be having any kids.

Wave your arms and shout."

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2007 11:48 

@Wolf, love the pic.

@Benno, maybe you should have stopped when she said no. :w :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2007 19:31 

I finally got my crappy scanner to work, so my first pic posted will be of my pride and joy, Kenneth Jr, also known as Lil Bud. :bs

I also took the liberty of putting all the pics on the site's server. Since pics hosted on other sites tend to go missing, and those little red X's are SO irritating. :AM

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2007 00:29 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Nice kid, thor.

looks a bit stoned, staring into the lens like that. what have you been feeding him, brownies?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2007 08:02 

Benno the Mad wrote:
Nice kid, thor.

looks a bit stoned, staring into the lens like that. what have you been feeding him, brownies?

nah, he was pissed at his mom. He did not want to go back home with her. He wanted to stay with dad. So he was wanting to get back in the hotel room where I was staying at the time. :bs

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2007 00:28 
Sergeant
Sergeant

fair enough. If i was that age i'd rather hang with my dad than my mum.

although when i was about 3 dad had this great trick of telling me to do things which i'd get into trouble from mum for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2007 07:23 

Benno the Mad wrote:
fair enough. If i was that age i'd rather hang with my dad than my mum.

although when i was about 3 dad had this great trick of telling me to do things which i'd get into trouble from mum for.

Lmao! Well, Lil Bud needs no help from his dad to get in trouble with his mom, he is a chip off the old block and has the keen ability of getting into trouble, just like his dad. :bs

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2007 14:36 
Corporal
Corporal

Me pimping it 1941 style:

Just got into WWII re-enacting. Funnest shit I've done since Combat Training.[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2007 16:05 

Dude, nice pic. What unit are you reenacting with? For a time I was with the 9th SS Panzer Division Hohenstaufen. Yeah I know it is a nazi outfit, but damn we had fun and the unit commander absolutely did not let any nazi-wannabes or skinheads in the unit. It was very apolitical.

Although, the patch on the staffs arm looks a lot like the "Old Reliables" 9th Infantry Division patch. So that would be my guess.

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 May 2007 22:19 
Corporal
Corporal

Yup the 9th. I'm going to eventually get the $$$ to do German and do GD with a bunch of guys from my US unit that go out as GD for OstFront stuff. They want to kill Soviets... not meet them on the Elbe (as one of the scenarios is every November). They usually fall in with the 21st Pz as a Kampfgruppen so to speak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 May 2007 10:00 

Man I remember the good times we had reenacting some of those East Front battles. :bs Good stuff.

The Gross Deutschland Unit would be a kick ass unit to reenact with. And about costs, yeah my SS uniform and equipment, I had the cammo smock, helmet cover and the Sturmgewehr 44, set me back almost three grand! :ad

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 May 2007 22:26 
Corporal
Corporal

As much as I hate to say it since it just supports everyone but the US (economically) a lot of repro companies are using chinese made uniforms for the Germans... Its dropped prices a bit drastically at a few places. I can get a decent impression now for the same amount that would get me a feldbluse and trousers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 May 2007 00:28 
Sergeant
Sergeant

hmm.. generally, when i see people wearing military style clothing for no observable purpose it scares the shit out of me (especialy my local posty - he wears the light grey/blue grey/black camo pants and shirt on his bike when he's doing his rounds). But for you i'll let it slide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 May 2007 10:45 

Benno the Mad wrote:
hmm.. generally, when i see people wearing military style clothing for no observable purpose it scares the shit out of me (especialy my local posty - he wears the light grey/blue grey/black camo pants and shirt on his bike when he's doing his rounds). But for you i'll let it slide.

lol, Yeah Benno sometimes you gotta wonder, but some folks like me, and I suspect Wolf, is the we do it for our love of history.

@Wolf, yeah and I also believe you get what you pay for. Some of my friends have told me the Chinese stuff falls apart REAL fast. So fast that you spend more in the long run replacing items that if you would have gotten the expensive stuff in the first place.

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 May 2007 17:35 
Corporal
Corporal

Þórgrímr wrote:
Benno the Mad wrote:

lol, Yeah Benno sometimes you gotta wonder, but some folks like me, and I suspect Wolf, is the we do it for our love of history.

@Wolf, yeah and I also believe you get what you pay for. Some of my friends have told me the Chinese stuff falls apart REAL fast. So fast that you spend more in the long run replacing items that if you would have gotten the expensive stuff in the first place.

Cheers, Þórgrímr

yeah At the Front is a decent provider of US and German. WWII Impressions is great for US but the price matches the quality so things run a bit pricey. I like grabbing from the different reproduction stores, helps make a crazy colored uniform to reflect a bit of historical accuracy that my M41 Field Jacket was made somewhere else different then another guy's.

Me at "Tunisia" (Stoddard Valley, CA) last weekend:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next