The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 19 Mar 2024 03:15

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2009 02:01 
Sergeant
Sergeant

geez, someone looks pretty schmick. you've got enough dongs there to double as a flak jacket.

Wave your arms and shout."

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2009 22:33 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2009 22:47 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

The man got a tat! And a nice one at that. :bs

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2009 00:05 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Hey Thor, look what we found in Iraq!!! I believe you may have seen this baby around during your day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2009 19:52 

Oh hell yeah! I have not seen a quad box launcher in decades! Where did you find that at in Iraq?

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2009 22:24 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

A Ranger Commander used it in Sadr City... Or so the legend goes... It was in our arms room back in country and well now it will decorate the arms room state side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 May 2009 01:55 
Sergeant
Sergeant

some piccies from the Avalon Airshow

me infront of a yank F-15

one of our F-111's (a pig) doing a dump and burn. hey're getting decommisioned soon, replaced wih superhornets and JSF's (if that gets finished)

One of our Hawk 127's. this is from my squadron... It's just been put to bed with all the covers on. strangely enough, the only photo's i have of our Hawk is with the covers on.

A Yank C-5 Galaxy. that photo doesnt really convey the scale of that thing.... its mcFUCKING huge - dwarfs the C-17.

A Yank B-1. I swapped one of our badges for one of theirs... its from the 37th Bomb Squadron.

Me infront of a yank F-16. they're pretty noisy, and man it did some neat things on display.... cruising along at 20 odd knots...

Last edited by Benno the Mad on 20 May 2009 21:47, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 May 2009 01:56 
Sergeant
Sergeant

a herc doing a flight display. pretty sure its one of or J models.

a pig getting towed at the end of the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 May 2009 13:32 
Corporal
Corporal

Heh heh I was at an airshow too... The C-5 is the Galaxy. The C-17 Globemaster III is the smaller sister... I've seen lots of the latter on base but I've seen a C-5 from afar once.

Speaking of photos:

A guy took this with a vintage camera during a "Tunisia" event and Photoshopped it a bit:

And this was at the airshow with one of my new impressions, Vietnam Marine which just needs some finishing touches and a weapon.

Image[/img]

BTW Benno I love your uniforms :P Simple, fit, functional and a copy of the ol' WW2 Marine camo :D We have a Flight Lt from the RAAF that serves as our Quality Assurance Officer. Funny to see him standing in that camo amongst flight suits and MARPATs during formations.

Carib... LOVE THE MANDALORIANS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2009 23:31 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

The June 4th Surprise Class A Inspection. Along side me, is my buddy and team mate in headquarters, Mortarman Bobby "B" Bittenger.

And here is my Mom paying me a visit at the Barracks. Haven't seen my mom since Mid Tour leave of April 2008.

And here is my and my girlfriend Mieka.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009 14:14 

@ Benno and Wolf, some nice pics buds. :br

@ Carib, Glad you got to see your mother. And gld to see you with your lady friend.

I would have replied earlier, but I never got the email notice for Benno and Wolf's pics. :AM

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009 15:46 
Corporal
Corporal

Heh heh. No issues. Lookin' good Carib, your buddy looks like a shorter version of a SSGT in my old unit.

Some more re-enactment stuff:

Marine, Iwo Jima (or Okinawa) 1945.

Marine, same era of uniform Hue City '67-'68 but the CH-46 I'm on was the one that lifted out our Ambassador from Saigon in '75. Pretty cool story the historian has about it. Everyone thinks its the last out. Well they forgot about the fact his wingman got excited after the codeword for successfully grabbing the ambassador that he went home too, when they got back to the ship they realized they forgot the MSG Marines still there. So they had to go back and get them. Lets not forget all the AirAmerica's trying to get as many refugees as possible (the one Huey is a pretty famous image).

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009 16:23 

Those are some outstanding reenactment uniforms bud! I sure do miss my time doing such. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009 16:49 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Bad ass Pics, Wolfblade. Man, I wish we'd have time around these parts to do re-enactments. I wouldn't mind doing Vietnam Era soldiers or even WWII or Civil War Buffalo Soldier.

So when is the Great and Powerful Thorgrimm going to grace us with Pics and photos of past and present? :bs

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009 16:58 

Carib wrote:
Bad ass Pics, Wolfblade. Man, I wish we'd have time around these parts to do re-enactments. I wouldn't mind doing Vietnam Era soldiers or even WWII or Civil War Buffalo Soldier.

So when is the Great and Powerful Thorgrimm going to grace us with Pics and photos of past and present? :bs

Well, about the only pics I have left from my time in the Corps are from boot. And that is because my mother had them. Sorry to say all the others were destroyed by the various psycho bitches I dated over the years. For some strange reason they figured that was the best way to get me mad. :AM

And since I have gotten out, and this is the god's to honest truth, not one pic of me has been snapped. Now if you wish to see pics of Lil' Bud, I got lots o them. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2009 12:41 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

My handgun, a SIG SAUER R220 .45 ACP

Sig disassembled...

And my SOG Bowie, in the proud tradition of Vietnam era SOG/SF group knife

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2009 14:04 

That's a nice pistol and pigsticker you got there my friend. :bs

When did you get the SIG? May not be a Colt 1911, but at least you got the caliber correct. :w :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2009 16:28 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

I actually had purchased the SIG since deployment, but hadn't cleared it from the local dealer until recently since a lot of the pistols were back ordered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2009 21:22 
Sergeant
Sergeant

thats not a pistol, thats a freaking mini cannon.

i like that last photo of the knife, with the pipboy grinning like a madman in the background.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2009 21:26 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Yup, ol PipBoy. By the way, that wasn't intentional. The Bobble Head decorates the Arms Room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2009 21:40 

Rama, nice decoration for the arms room. :bs

@ Benno, ain't the .45 ACP round wunnerful? :w

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2009 10:30 
Corporal
Corporal

Some more WW2 fun for me. This is at the Miramar Air Museum where we were doing displays and stuff and even got to pop some blanks, which was weird being next to the base as well as in San Diego...

And I got some awesome time with a Korean War (Shhh! Don't tell) F4U-5N a night fighter variant of the Corsair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2009 22:02 

Those are some sweet pics bud! Did you get a chance to fire your BAR, or was it with some other weapon? :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2009 17:59 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Yeah the latest. After one of our Qual Ranges. it's Expert Infantryman Season and they want us all ExPERT Qualified. I have been delayed of course, due to my eyes getting the PRK surgery, so focusing at times has been a bit of a bother. At least I can still shoot... Just keep falling short of that one target that gets me the Expert Qualification.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Aug 2009 03:39 
Sergeant
Sergeant

did you pay for it or did the forces? Damn cheap bastards down here will only give me three pairs of glasses, one tint, one clear, and a pair of safety specs.

what is this expert qual anyway?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next