The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 19 Mar 2024 04:57

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2007 02:14 
Sergeant
Sergeant

and our pansy arsed new prime minister has (or is about to) pull us all out of there. not from afghanistan though - that part of the war is still popular.

fucking polititians. we probably wont see ny australian JSF's now, simply because that was Howards baby. Rudd is a wanker. ... and howard was going to give us a 30% payrise, too. this is why i dont like democracy - an election is purely a popularity contest, and Rudd wore a pink tie while Howard didnt even bother to comb his eyebrows.

Wave your arms and shout."

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2007 10:48 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Benno the Mad wrote:
and our pansy arsed new prime minister has (or is about to) pull us all out of there. not from afghanistan though - that part of the war is still popular.

fucking polititians. we probably wont see ny australian JSF's now, simply because that was Howards baby. Rudd is a wanker. ... and howard was going to give us a 30% payrise, too. this is why i dont like democracy - an election is purely a popularity contest, and Rudd wore a pink tie while Howard didnt even bother to comb his eyebrows.

Benno, this is a sad time for all who wish to free people from tyranny. All because we have more sheep than citizens who wish to defend liberty and democracy around the world in the west. They have grown too soft and think nothing can bother their lil' sheep lives. :AM

and you are right, like the best Brit Politician ever, Winston Churchill, once said, "Democracy, the worst form of government known to man, except for all of the others tried." This is what happens in a Democracy when the sheep outnumber lovers of liberty. And to point the accusing finger at the sheep, here is a quote from Benjamin Franklin, " Any society that would trade a little liberty for a little security will deserve neither and lose both." The sheep should reflect on that. :evil:

Cheers, Þórgrímr

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2007 05:47 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Flavored Tobacco. I am no smoker, but if your in the mid east, you at least have to try one...

Me and Sergeant Paz (Hariff BAZ arabic name) sipping Chi

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2007 09:55 

In the first pic your buddy looks like he is stoned. :w

Also in the first pic, look at the dude wearing red in the background. The look on his face and his concentration on you all is not what I would call 'friendly curosity'. My opinion is he was studying you all with a VERY close scrutiny.

Maybe I am imagining things, and then again, maybe not. Remember my warning in our conversations. My gut instinct is be careful around that person. You may wish to have the Iraqi local militia investigate his background. Better to be safe than sorry.

Cheers, Þórgrímr

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2007 14:36 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Good observation... I noted that a few days after I took that picture, You should have stayed in the military as a Contractor or Adviser. And the 'stoned' soldier, a lively fellow was playing up the drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2007 14:51 

Carib wrote:
Good observation... I noted that a few days after I took that picture, You should have stayed in the military as a Contractor or Adviser. And the 'stoned' soldier, a lively fellow was playing up the drama.

Thanks bud. That makes me think I may have not lost my skills after all. :bs

if you have any other pics you wish me to look at, and can send them do not hesitate. Or post them here and I will give you an opinion.

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Last edited by Þórgrímr on 17 Feb 2009 17:55, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2007 14:56 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Will do... Nice to have sources :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2008 01:27 
Sergeant
Sergeant

over christmas. i put on a bit of weight... also i grew a lovely set of jubblies.

me and my future brother in law (in the roman helmet). he's a pretty cool bloke, but he's been dating my sister for almost 3 years, and i met him the first time over christmas. he's syrian.

some of the guys on my course. from the back, right to left, Trav, Wayde, Mat, Jesse, and i'm in the front. The guy who took the photo is Grant, and he's far too ugly to be put on film. the only RAAFies are mat and myself, the other guys are navy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2008 01:43 

LMAO! The big-boobed Benno, the buxom Viking princess. :bs

Do you know you have that crest on the Roman Helmet wrong? It should be a transverse crest, meaning it would be pointing at the shoulders not the ass. :w

Looks like a good bunch of people dude. Good pics.

Gunny's color #FF2400

Last edited by Þórgrímr on 10 Jan 2008 11:53, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2008 02:19 
Sergeant
Sergeant

its actually an afghani helmet, not a viking one. sheesh. :AC

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2008 11:53 

Benno the Mad wrote:
its actually an afghani helmet, not a viking one. sheesh. :AC

Lol, ok. Then Benno the big-boobed buxom Afghani princess. :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2008 12:27 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Afghani's have no sense of humor... Or at least that was my brief experience with them... and now for something recent.

I know it's a weapon that has been perhaps overhyped in the Sniper community and in the shooting community as well, but as one gunslinger to another, Thor, you have to say, it does look sleek and it has claimed enough of our own in too many battles... especially this one.

I give you the SVD Dragonuv!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2008 12:46 

Never said it was not effective, just not as effective as the M-40 and not nearly the range either. :w :bs But then again, any weapon can be deadly in the hands of a Gunslinger. :ac

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008 10:45 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

SVD is more of a Squad Designated Marksmanrifle... much like my Heavier barreled M16A4 which has an effective target range w/ACOG up to 800 meters, but realistically think of pegging a target dead on at 600 meters.

M40 can do up to 1000 meters plus... 1500 if you really know what you're doing. As I recall a Marine Scout Sniper Reservist had pegged an Insurgent Mortar team at 1649 meters with his trusty M-40. SO it can be done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008 22:01 
Sergeant
Sergeant

this is coming from someone that knows relatively fuck all about weapons... but that looks like an AK with a longer barrel and different stock. could just be because the gas cylinder is on the top. as i said, i know not much about these things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008 22:20 

Benno the Mad wrote:
this is coming from someone that knows relatively fuck all about weapons... but that looks like an AK with a longer barrel and different stock. could just be because the gas cylinder is on the top. as i said, i know not much about these things.

@ Benno, the Russkies like to use modularity in their weapons systems. Able to use a common set of parts makes production easier. :AH

@Rama, yup, you be correct my friend. :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2008 15:47 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

More photos from Baghdad!!!

This is lil Rana... One of the brightest kids in our sector...

Once this mural was one of the largest drawn murals of Saddam. Now that he is gone, the locals have put something else...

This is the damn bullet that almost got me a day ago... Lucky me, huh?

Me

Me and TC... He's a cool Iraq Jundi (soldier).

Me hunting....

The Bubblegum Gang... "Mr. Give me some Choclatai!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2008 23:00 

Rama, keep the pics coming my friend. I love em. :bs

One question, the boy in the back in the last pic, is he wearing a Minnesota North Stars Hockey hat? if so, thats funny. Hockey not being big in the mid-east. :bs

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2008 12:10 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

I have seen Texas License plates here, Kenn, believe me... you ain't seen nothing yet. More then likely a Joe gave the kid a cap... The people of Iraq are more into Soccer (AKA Football).

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2008 14:20 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Childrens Memorial

Me sipping some Chi

Recoiless Rifle Rounds... These are unheard of in Iraq.... I wonder what they are doing here???

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2008 23:21 
Corporal
Corporal

Hey Carib if you don't mind me digging whats the story on that bullet? Near miss? Impact your armor or helmet?

And to keep pics coming, I just came off the Southern Front fighting in the the prestigious GrossDeutschland!

At morning line-up

Snow was from nothing in a few places to 3-4 feet deep.. Thats me stumbling, I'm 6'1" and its up to mid thigh...

Mein Kameraden shoots at the Soviet Peasant Woman that shot me... (I made the mistake of seeing the movement, aligned sights, noticed it was a girl, paused, muzzle flash, took my hit, vowed to never let a red get a drop on me again, I think she beat me to the draw anyways, but...)

Sadly its only a blank firing gun owned by a friend... :(

and this is the famous "Vater Weinacht" picture, a guy from my US unit that went with me and another said I came out looking like the German version of Father Christmas (his wife is from Germany)

more here: http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb48/gi-rene/Big%20Bear%20OstFront-Feb%2008/[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2008 13:52 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

The bullet was from small arms fire we took. They like to strike and fade. That small slug was about a foot away from me... I dug it out of the brick it hit with my handy dandy multi-tool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2008 21:49 
Corporal
Corporal

Carib wrote:
The bullet was from small arms fire we took. They like to strike and fade. That small slug was about a foot away from me... I dug it out of the brick it hit with my handy dandy multi-tool.

Ah thank God, I thought it was one that hit ya and you dug outta the vest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2008 14:34 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Something for the Record Folks

The Al Sadr Cease fire may have been extended, and thus, the Coalition has nothing to fear from the Shai anti-Coalition forces, but AQI, Madr Army and the other trash are stepping up their game. If anyone has wondered why my emails have been either short or none at all, is because from the 23rd to the 25th we have had nothing but straight out fighting. The 24th of February was the longest fire fight to date so far, lasting six hours of just straight up shooting, moving wounded and attempting to protect Shai marchers as they were on their pilgramage. AQI has shown and time and again that they have no care for the lives of the bystander... as far as they are concerned, destruction of us 'infidels' is the primary goal.

My role has been a simple one: Cover Doc Huber and assist him in moving the wounded which ranged from mild concussions to the critically injured. Due to tight confines, we couldnt get Helicopters to come and air lift... so we moved them off the ground. I endured nearly getting shot, grenades going off behind the Texas Barriers (huge barriers which separate the districts and a good thing to, shielded us from getting shot once we hung close), and man, it was like a movie. Screaming women and children... Mothers beating their breasts because they're holding their torn children in their arms. I remember holding one such boy... his name was Mahmood, a small kid of perhaps eight or ten, another child in the faceless hordes of others, but for whatever reason, mistake or accident, he was given into my arms to bring to Doc Huber. The boy's neck has been nicked and torn either by a stray bullet or a shard of shrapnel from the grenades and he also suffered a gunshot wound to his belly... Doc Huber stabilized him, kept him in the world of the living and I held unto him. He wasn't afraid... perhaps it was the shock, but the kid was fearless. I spoke to him in what little arabic I knew and it is very shway-shway (it means little in arabic), but I kept him conscious. I didnt feel sad or cry out in anyway of the horrors of this conflict, but it did fill me with some resolve. When he was evacuated to by the medics, I knew what I had to do... I knew now that, the brutal treatment they foist on their own people couldn't go unpunished. It was time to go hunting.

Be as it may, it is a very real threat and I have once again taken up arms. Earning my Combat Badge for this campaign and nearly getting shot for my trouble. My role is a simple one, I am a Squad Designated Man, a light fighter sniper, and I look for my prey carefully. I dont need to describe in vivid detail of what was done. All I can say, and it will absolve me in the end if ever I am called to recount - "It was necessary." Its war and I am in the middle of it, and for what it is worth, I dont think I would have traded a second of it. I am sure the politics arent correct and way too many mistakes have been made, but I am here and now, and I do what I can. If not for air excme, but for the kids and the people, sure, I think my time here is fair exchange.

Well that is it for now... Do enjoy the photos...

Iraqi Army's Finest. Good Men.

The Battle Front Before the Fighting Started

Our Forward Operating Position and Casualty Collection Point

This is me and my Squad Designated Marksman Counterpart

Taking Aim

Bloody Aftermath

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2008 17:20 

Its like I have said to you before bud, there is NO glory in war. It is a horrible job that must be done. There is nothing glorious in the taking of another man's life. But at times it must be done to protect others who cannot protect themselves. Such is the code of the warrior who serves the white. For us there is no joy in taking life, for us it is a deep sadness that will be with us for the rest of our lives. Unlike the warriors who serve the red, they relish in taking life and look forward to every time they can with joy.

I know in my heart of hearts there is true evil out there, and to quote a famous British politician, " It is not difficult for evil to triumph, for all it takes is for the good to do nothing at all."

Keep up the good fight my friend. In your heart you know you are doing good and that is what counts in the end. Doing what is right.

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next