The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 20:55

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Disturbing Prayer
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2007 09:06 
Sergeant Major of the USMC
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Here is a little piece I found on the net, Not because of it being a prayer, what it is about. :ad

Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.

If Scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now.

Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.

For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all.
In silence alone, we must meditate,
God's name is prohibited by the state.

We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks.
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.

We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.
It's "inappropriate" to teach right from wrong,
We're taught that such "judgments" do not belong.

We can get our condoms and birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No Word of God must reach this crowd.

It's scary here, I must confess.
When chaos reigns, the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make ...
Should I be shot, my soul please take!

~ Author Unknown ~

And for those of you who think that God should be removed from the United Staes, here are a few quotes to reflect on.

"The fundamental basis of this nation's laws was given to Moses on the Mount. The fundamental basis of our Bill of Rights comes from the teachings we get from Exodus and St. Matthew, from Isaiah and St. Paul. I don't think we emphasize that enough these days. If we don't have a proper fundamental moral background, we will finally end up with a totalitarian government which does not believe in the rights for anybody except the State".

President Harrys S. Truman, Attorney General's Conference, 1950

"The rights of man come not from the generosity of the state, but from the hand of God".

President John F. Kennedy, Inaugural Address, 1961

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

President Thomas Jefferson (Letter, Sept. 23, 1800)

"Mankind, when left to themselves, are unfit for their own government."

President George Washington (letter, Oct. 31, 1786)

Our ancestors established their system of government on morality and religious sentiment. Moral habits, they believed, cannot safely been trusted on any other foundation than religious principle, not any government secure which is not supported by moral habits... Whatever makes men good Christians, makes them good citizens."

Daniel Webster

The moral principles and precepts contained in the Scriptures ought to form the basis of all our civil constitution and laws. All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible."

Noah Webster (author 'An American Dictionary of the English Language' 1828)

"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible"

George Washington, 1st President of the United States

"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is Just; that His justice cannot sleep forever."

Thomas Jefferson, 1781 (Engraved on the Jefferson Memorial)

The right to freedom being the gift of God Almighty... The Rights of the Colonists as Christians... may be best understood by reading and carefully studying the institutes of the great Law Giver... which are to be found clearly written and promulgated in the New Testament"

Samuel Adams (1772)

"Proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof."

Leviticus 25:10 (Scripture inscribed on the base of the Liberty Bell)

"Directy my thoughts, words and work; wash away my sins in the immaculate blood of the Lamb, and purge my heart by Thy Holy Spirit... daily frame me more and more into the likeness of Thy Son, Jesus Christ."
"Thou gavest Thy Son to die for me; and has given me assurance of salvation."

President George Washington (Morning and evening prayers in Washington's field notebook)

"Our government rests upon religion. It is from that source that we derive our reverence for truth and justice, for equality and liberty, and for the rights of mankind. Unless the people believe in these principles they cannot believe in our government."

President Calvin Coolidge, October 15, 1924

The highest glory of the American Revolution was this; it connected, in one indissoluble bond the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity."

John Quincy Adams

"Those who labour in the earth are the chosen people of God, if ever he had a chosen people, whose breasts he has made his peculiar deposit for substantial and genuine virtue."

President Thomas Jefferson (Notes on the State of Virginia 1787)

We have staked the future of all of our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."

James Madison, Father of the Constitution

"I pray heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house, and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."

President John Adams (first president to live in the White House)

It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ! For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here."

Patrick Henry

So those American athiests who are calling for the removal of God from the US read these quotes and then tell me with a straight face, the Founding Fathers did not have God and his words in mind when they framed our nation.

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400