The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 18 Apr 2024 19:27

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm baaack... yet again.
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2007 08:48 
Corporal
Corporal

Sorry boys, took awhile to get a stable and constant net connectino to the point where I could come back to all my old haunts. Kickin it in Iwakuni, work is long, but I've picked up a lot of knowledge from it. Been touring the southern country a bit, should finally make my postponed trip to Hiroshima a dream soon... Pictures As soon as I can..

Heh heh, btw, picked up Corporal in July, one of the happiest days of my life, I set it as a goal, if I could make Corporal, them I've beat out the humps, finally did, or I was just damn lucky. Probably the latter, they promoted like mad in my MOS meaning that the run to Sergeant next year is going to be a pain.

How have things been in the World of the Gunny?

Post subject: Re: I'm baaack... yet again.
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2007 09:10 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

wolfblade wrote:
Sorry boys, took awhile to get a stable and constant net connectino to the point where I could come back to all my old haunts. Kickin it in Iwakuni, work is long, but I've picked up a lot of knowledge from it. Been touring the southern country a bit, should finally make my postponed trip to Hiroshima a dream soon... Pictures As soon as I can..

Heh heh, btw, picked up Corporal in July, one of the happiest days of my life, I set it as a goal, if I could make Corporal, them I've beat out the humps, finally did, or I was just damn lucky. Probably the latter, they promoted like mad in my MOS meaning that the run to Sergeant next year is going to be a pain.

How have things been in the World of the Gunny?

Glad to see ya back dude, how is Japan these days? What unit you attached with? I look forward to the pics.

You see the pics Carib and Miles have posted? I am hoping more servicemen and women from all nations allied with the US would want to post pics on WOTG. Since I see it as my small contirbution and way of saying thank you to all the current people involved in defending the west, including Aussieland Benno. :w

As for WOTG, we're still here and will be forever if I have anything to say about it. :ac :bs But on the news front we finally finished the Siege of the MCAGCC and have begun the new RP. Check out the ending of the siege, I think you will find it exciting, to say the least. :w

Cheers, Þórgrímr

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2007 13:54 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Oy mate, glad to see you back! :bs

I had to say something like that, or Benno would beat me to it.

Anyhow, damn good seeing you back here, check out the RP :AH

“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

"The only reason for being a professional writer is that you can't help it."

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

www.shallowbay.com Best. Band. Ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2007 15:35 
Corporal
Corporal

Japan is rocking, this place is pretty cool. Don't care what most of these guys say. Weather is decent, people are great, food is well Japanese...

Still with VMFA-314. Just UDPd out here.

Some pics, some of my more favorites or ones to torture certain friends with. (She wants a kimono bad lol) Yeah Im a :twisted: individual.

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb48/gi-rene/Japan%2007-08/

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2007 16:35 

wolfblade wrote:
Japan is rocking, this place is pretty cool. Don't care what most of these guys say. Weather is decent, people are great, food is well Japanese...

Still with VMFA-314. Just UDPd out here.

Some pics, some of my more favorites or ones to torture certain friends with. (She wants a kimono bad lol) Yeah Im a :twisted: individual.

Sweet pics dude, post em in the pics thread and I will transfer them to my FTP so we do not eventually get those annoying red x's. :AM

Seeing them reminds me of when I was part of the MAU at camp Fuji. Man I loved getting out of the rack looking at that mountain. I can certainly understand why the Japanese revere it. She is purty. :bs

Don't know a Marine yet who ain't a wee bit twisted. :twisted:

Cheers, Þórgrímr

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Last edited by Þórgrímr on 21 Feb 2009 16:27, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2007 06:19 
Corporal
Corporal

Will do!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2007 06:22 
Corporal
Corporal

Will do!