The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 07:42

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2007 05:31 
Sergeant
Sergeant

^! Classic! fuckin' GOLD! my grandma has a couch just like that! where can i get that stuff?

The scene is a courtroom, where a judge is deciding on who should get custody of a 7 year old boy. Both parents beat the child, and are declared unfit to car for him. So, the judge awards custody to his aunt. Protesting, the boy says his aunt beats him aswell. "So, off to the grandparents" says the judge. "No No! They beat me worse than my parents and aunt comined!" comlpains the child, almost in tears. So, after several hours of debating, they end up giving temporary custody of the boy to the English Cricket Team, who he firmly beleives incapable of beating anyone.

feel free to exchange "English Cricket Team" with your team of choice (so to speak).

Wave your arms and shout."

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2007 06:32 
Sergeant
Sergeant

speaks for itself.

Image[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2007 13:16 
Corporal
Corporal

With some creative descriptions, icons about staying safe after a nuclear attack can become quite funny... :w

http://www.safenow.org/

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2007 04:08 
Sergeant
Sergeant

http://www.columbia.edu/~sss31/rainbow/murphy.combat.html

Q:What do you call a black airline pilot?

A:a pilot you rascist cunt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2007 23:43 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Ah yes, the Murphy's rules of combat, I have not seen them in an age it seems. Nice to see them again. :bs

Cheers, Þórgrímr

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2007 23:59 
Corporal
Corporal

http://www.skippyslist.com/skippylist.html

Maybe I posted this up... but If I didn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2007 05:51 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I'm reading this book called Kokoda, about the australian/japanese conflict in Papua. This is an exceprt, reportedly hisotrically accurate, of a new chaplain arriving at 39th batt. HQ.

"I'm father earl. I;ve just been appointed Chaplain of the 39th battalion"
"Thats news to me. I haven't been informed. ... Where's your uniform?"
"They didnt have one to give me"
"Do you mean to tell me you havent got a uniform! What clothes do you have?"
"All i stand in - Shirt, Singlet, pair of shorts, pair of long socks, pair of shoes"
"Where did you join the army?"
"In Port Moresby, about half an hour ago"
"have you a pay book?"
"Oh yes, I have a pay book!"
"That means all you have is a pay book and the clothes you stand up in?"
"No! I have something else."
"Well man, tell me what it is!"
"Four cases of whiskey"
"Come in, Padre. Come in. What are you standing out there for?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2007 06:57 
Corporal
Corporal

LMAO, thats a good one. Typical army for any country...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2007 08:08 

Lmao! Wolfblade is right Benno, good one and yup could be any nations armed forces. :s

Cheers, Þórgrímr

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2007 20:25 
Sergeant
Sergeant

this is a song i'd just been listening to. its by a comedy band called Tripod.

"Much too skinny for the army"

[spoken intro]
Joining today's modern defence force is hard enough,
First you have to chose:
Navy, Airforce, Army,
Kiss Army, Salvation Army, Army of Darkness.
But even once you've chosen,
You have to make the grade.

I'm way too skinny for the army,
Way too slender for the job.
What can I do if my country doesn't want me
'Cos my talents only stretch to mini-golf?
I'm way too unco for the army,
All that running through car tyres.
I guess that would come in handy
If you invaded a country whose terrain was all car tyres.

But I'm skinny and I'm clever,
Maybe now more than ever,
The technology has caught up with me.
If wars have gone all electronic,
I could fight them with my jostick,
As long as they bring pizza to me.
Then I could be in the army.

It's not tricky to imagine,
Me in a bunker, at a screen.
Controlling reconnaissance robots,
Maybe mine detecting robots,
Even robots who run through tyres.

But I'm skinny and I'm clever,
If wars have gone all electronic,
While watching McLeod's Daughters on T.V.
Then I could be in the army...

I was never good at Packman,
But at Defender I'd light up the sky.
I was never good at Frogger,
It's much too much like hopping over tyres.
And if I don't get in the army,
I could become an evil mastermind.
Live in an underwater tower,
And wearing shiny skivvies all the time,
That would be fine...

I'm skinny and I'm clever,
(If I could make up my mind..) If wars have gone all electronic,
As long as they bring pizza to me.
Then I could be in the army.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2007 19:01 

An American Tourist once got on a French subway train and the only seat available was directly adjacent to a well dressed middle aged French woman and the seat was being used by her dog.

The weary traveler asked, "Ma'am, please move your dog. I need that seat."

The French woman looked down her nose at the American, sniffed and said, "You Americans. You are such a rude class of people. Can't you see my little FiFi is using that seat?"

The American walked away, determined to find a place to rest, but after another trip down to the end of the train, found himself again facing the woman with the dog. Again he asked, "Please, lady, may I sit there? I'm very tired."

The French woman wrinkled her nose and snorted "You Americans! Not only are you rude, you are also arrogant... Imagine!"

The American didn't say anything else. He leaned over, picked up the dog, tossed it out the window of the train and sat down in the empty seat. The woman shrieked and railed, and demanded that someone defend her honor and chastise the American.

An Englishman sitting across the aisle spoke up indignantly "You know, sir, you Americans do seem to have a penchant for doing the wrong thing. You eat holding the fork in the wrong hand. You drive your autos on the wrong side of the road. And now, Sir, you've thrown the wrong bitch out the window."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2007 19:25 
Sergeant
Sergeant

This kid goes up to his dad and asks "Hey dad, whats the difference between possibility and reality?" The father looks at his son and says "Well, son, go up to your sister and ask if she'd sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars, then ask your mother the same question. When you've got both their answers, come back and I'll tell you the difference between possibility and reality."

So the kid goes and asks his sister. "Oh yeah I would!" she replies with enthusiasm. He walks up to his mother and asks, and she replies "In a heartbeat!". After going to his father and telling him the answers, his dad looks at him and says "Well son, we have the possibility of making two million dollars, but the reality is we're living with a pair of sluts"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2007 19:33 

Benno, that was a good one. :bl

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2007 16:49 

An American tourist was in Paris having breakfast with his coffee, croissants, bread, butter and jam at the table when a Frenchman sits down next to him.

The American ignored the Frenchman who, never-the-less, started a conversation. "You American folk eat the whole piece bread?" asks the Frenchman with a large piece of chewing gum in his mouth.

"Of course!", said the American.

The Frenchman blows a bubble with his chewing gum, then remarks, "We don't. In France, we only eat what's inside. We collect the crusts in containers, recycle them, then transform them into croutons, and sell them to the United States." The Frenchman has a smirk on is face.

All the while, the American listens in silence. "Do you eat jelly with the bread?" asks the Frenchman.

"Of course!", says the American.

The Frenchman cracks his gum between his teeth and chuckles, "We don't. In France, we eat fresh fruit for breakfast and put all the peels, seeds and leftovers in containers, recycle them, then transform them into jam, and sell it to the U.S."

"And, what do you Frenchmen do with condoms once you've used them?" asks the American.

"We throw them away, of course," replies the Frenchman, with a dumbfounded look.

The American continued, "WE don't. In the U.S., we put them in a container to recycle them, then melt them down into chewing gum and sell it to France.

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2007 20:57 

A Medal for Horatius
The True Story

Rome, II Calends, April CCCLX
SUBJECT: Recommendation for Senate Medal of Honor

TO: Department of War, Republic of Rome

I. Recommend Caius Horatius, Captain of Foot, CMCMXIV, for the Senate Medal of Honor.

II. Captain Horatius has served XVI years, all honorable.

III. On the II day of March, during the attack on the city by Lars Porsena of Clausium and his Etruscan Army of CMX men, Captain Horatius, with Sergeant Sporius Laritus and Corporal Julius Herminius, held the entire Etruscan army at the far end of the bridge, until the structure could be destroyed, thereby saving the city.

IV. Captain Horatius did valiantly fight and kill one Major Picus of Clausium in individual combat.

V. The exemplary courage and the outstanding leadership of Captain Horatius are in the highest tradition of the Roman Army.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JULIUS ANTINOUS,
Commander, II Foot Legion
Ist, Ind, AG IV Calends, April CCCLX
TO: G-III

For comment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G.C.
IInd Ind, G-III IX Calends, May CCC

TO: G-II

I. For comment and forwarding.

II. Change end of paragraph III from "saving the city" to "lessened the effectiveness of the enemy attack." The Roman Army was well dispersed tactically; the reserve has not been committed. The phrase as written might be construed to cast aspersions on our fine army.

III. Change paragraph V from "outstanding leadership" to read "commendable initiative." Captain Horatius's command was II men, only I/IV of a squad.

J.D.
IIId Ind, G-II II Ides, June CCCLX

TO: G-I

I. Omit strength of Etruscan forces in paragraph III. This information is classified.

II. A report evaluated as B-II states that the officer was a Captain Picus of Tifernum. Recommend change to "an officer of the enemy forces."

J.H.
IVth Ind, G-I IX Ides, January CCCLXI

TO: JAG

I. Full name is Caius Claudius Horatius.

II. Change service from XVI to XV years. One year in Romulus Chapter BPOE, has been given credit for military service in error.

E.J.
Vth Ind, JAG II, February CCCLXI

TO: AG

I. The Porsena raid was not during wartime; the temple of Janus was closed.

II. The action against the Porsena raid, ipso facto, was a police action.

III. The Senate Medal of Honor cannot be awarded in peacetime (AB/CVIII-XXV, paragraph XII, C).

IV. Suggest consideration for Soldier's Medal.

P.B.
VIth Ind, AF IV Calends, April CCCLXI

Concur in paragraph IV, Vth Ind.

L.J.
VIIth Ind, G-I I May CCCLXI

Soldier's medal is given for saving lives; suggest star of bronze as appropriate.

E.J.
VIIIth Ind, JAG II Calends, June CCCLXI

TO: JAG

>For opinion.

G.C.
IXth Ind, JAG II Calends, September CCCLXI

I. XVIII months have elapsed since event described in basic letter. Star of bronze cannot be awarded after XV months have elapsed.

II. Officer is eligible for Papyrus Scroll with Metal Pendant.

P.B.
X Ind, AG I Calends, October CCCLXI

For draft of citation for Papyrus Scroll with Metal Pendant.

P.B.
XI Ind, G-I III Calends, October CCCLXI

TO: G-II

I. Do not concur.

II. Our currently fine relations with Etruia would suffer and current delicate negotiations might be jeopardized if publicity were given to Captain Horatius' actions at this time.

T.J.
XII Ind, G-II VI November CCCLXI

A report rated D-IV, partially verified, states that Lars Porsena is very sensitive about the Horatius affair.

E.T.
XIIIth Ind, G-I X November CCCLXI

I. In view of information contained in preceding XI and XIII the endorsements, you will prepare immediate orders of Captain C. Horatius to one of our overseas stations (remote).

II. His attention will be directed to paragraph XII, POM, which prohibits interviews or conversations with newsmen prior to arrival at final destination.

L.T.

Rome II Calends, I April CCCLXII

SUBJECT: Survey, Report of, Department of War

TO: Captain Caius Claudius Horatius, III Legion, V Maniple, APO XIX, C/O Postmaster, Rome.

I. Your statements concerning the loss of your shield and sword in the Tiber River of III March CCCLX have been carefully considered.

II. It is admitted that you were briefly in action against certain unfriendly elements on that day. However, Sergeant Lartius and Corporal Herminius were in the same action and did not lose any government property.

III. The Finance Officer has been directed to reduce your next pay by II-I/IV talents (I-III/IV talents cost on each sword, officers; III/IV talent cost of one each shield, M-II).

IV. You are enjoined and admonished to pay strict attention to conservation of government funds and property. The budget must be balanced next year.

H. MARCUS AURELIUS
Master of the Horse

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2007 20:29 

One day, a Marine Gunnery Sergeant was invited to dine with his Commander in the field mess.

When they entered the mess area they found the place quite crowded.

They finally noticed a table with two empty chairs. There were three lieutenants seated there, so the Colonel asked if they might join them. The lieutenants, of course, promptly invited them to join the table. The Colonel and the Gunny ordered lunch and engaged in light conversation as they ate.

At one point the Gunny mentioned that he had observed characteristics about many officers from which he could normally determine the sources of their commissioning. The lieutenants were eager to hear about this and asked if he could tell how each of them had been commissioned.

The Gunny turned to the lieutenant on his left and said that the he had received his commission through attendance at ROTC. The young officer confirmed that this was indeed correct and asked how the Gunny had figured determined this. The Gunny replied that by his conversation the lieutenant seemed to have a strong academic background but limited military experience.

The Gunny then told the lieutenant on his right that he had gone through OCS after previously serving as an enlisted man. The lieutenant confirmed that was indeed the case, and asked how the Gunny had figured it out. The Gunny replied that the lieutenant’s conversation indicated that he had a firm military background and a lot of common sense, but not much book learning.

At this, the third lieutenant asked the Gunny if he had determined how he had received his commission. The Gunny promptly replied that the lieutenant had graduated from the United States Naval Academy. The young officer stated that this was correct and asked if the Gunny had noticed his high level of intelligence, precise military bearing, or other superior qualities acquired at the Naval Academy. The Gunny replied that it was none of these that had tipped him off, he merely observed the lieutenant's class ring while he was picking his nose.

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2007 01:54 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Little Johnny is in class, and puts his hand up. "Miss, i gotta go take a piss!" he yells. "Now Johnny, the proper word is 'urinate', and if you use it in a sentence i'll let you go to the toilet." Johnny thinks on this a bit and then says "Well miss, you're an eight, but if you had bigger tits you'd be a ten"

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2007 22:28 

News anchor Dan Rather, The Reverend Jesse Jackson, NPR reporter Cokie Roberts, and an American Marine were hiking through the jungle one day when they were captured by cannibals.

They were tied up, led to the village and brought before the chief. The chief said, "I am familiar with your Western custom of granting the condemned a last wish. Before we kill and eat you, do you have any last requests?"

Dan Rather said, "Well, I'm a Texan; so I'd like one last bowlful of hot, spicy chili." The chief nodded to an underling, who left and returned with the chili. Rather ate it all and said, "Now I can die content."

Jesse Jackson said, "You know, the thing in this life I am proudest of is my work on behalf of the poor and oppressed. So before I go, I want to sing "We Shall Overcome" one last time." The chief said, "Go right ahead, we're listening." Jackson sang the song, and then said, "Now I can die in peace."

Cokie Roberts said, "I'm a reporter to the end. I want to take out my tape recorder and describe the scene here and what's about to happen. Maybe someday someone will hear it and know that I was on the job til the end." The chief directed an aide to hand over the tape recorder, and Roberts dictated some comments. She then said, "Now I can die happy."

The chief turned and said, "And now, Mr. Marine, what is your final wish?"

"Kick me in the ass," said the Marine.

"What?" said the chief. "Will you mock us in your last hour?"

"No, I'm not kidding. I want you to kick me in the ass," insisted the Marine.

So the chief shoved him into the open, and kicked him in the ass. The Marine went sprawling, but rolled to his knees, pulled a 9mm pistol from his waistband, and shot the chief dead. In the resulting confusion, he leapt to his knapsack, pulled out his M4 carbine, and sprayed the cannibals with gunfire. In a flash, the cannibals were dead or fleeing for their lives.

As the Marine was untying the others, they asked him, "Why didn't you just shoot them? Why did you ask them to kick you in the ass?"

"What!?" said the Marine, "And have you jerks call ME the aggressor?!"

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2007 14:32 
Corporal
Corporal

The Army Chief of Staff, Chief of Naval Operations, Air Force Chief of Staff and Commandant of the Marine Corps are walking about a combined forces training facility. Their many discussions eventually turn towards what they consider "guts."

The Army CoS sees a soldier running along and tells him, "Son, lie down on the ground and let this tank run over you."

"Yes sir!" the soldier replies and he does it. The tank runs him over.

"Gentlemen... that is guts."

The AF CoS says, "I think I can do better." He sees an airman and tells him to run into the exhaust of a turning jet. He does it.

The CNO says, "Sailors can do better." He finds a seaman painting the side of ship and tells him to jump off the painting stand onto the pier. The sailor complies.

The CMC sees a Marine observing their group. "Marine! Come over here please." The Marine steps up to the officers saluting. "I want you to take your sidearm and shoot yourself in the head."

The Marine says, "Fuck YOU sir!"

"That Gentlemen... is guts."

Yeah you can change that one up to the service of your choice :D[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2007 20:40 

Rules of Combat

USMC

1. Bring a weapon. Preferably, bring at least two. Bring all of your friends who have weapons. Bring their friends who have weapons.
2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
3. Only hits count. Close doesn't count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough, nor using cover correctly.
5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)
6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a big weapon and a friend with a big weapon.
7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived and who didn't.
8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.
9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting is more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the weapon.
10. Use a weapon that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."
11. Someday someone may kill you with your own weapon, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
12. In combat, there are no rules, always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
13. Have a plan.
14. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.
15. Use cover or concealment as much as possible. The visible target should be in FRONT of YOUR weapon.
16. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
17. Don't drop your guard.
18. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.
19. Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them).
20. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
21. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
22. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
23. Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
24. Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
25. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with a ".4."

Army

1. See USMC Rules for combat
2. Add 60 to 90 days
3. Hope the Marines already destroyed all meaningful resistance

Navy

1. Spend three weeks getting somewhere
2. Adopt an aggressive offshore posture
3. Send in the Marines
4. Drink Coffee
5. Bring back the Marines

Air Force

1. Kiss the wife good-bye
2. Drive to the flight line
3. Fly to target area, drop bombs, fly back.
4. Pop in at the club for a couple with the guys
5. Go home, BBQ some burgers and drink some more beer

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2007 22:04 

EU COMMISSIONER CHRIS F. PATTEN vs. US GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON

PATTEN: "I don't know but I think it's very dangerous when you start taking up absolutist positions and simplistic positions."

PATTON: "Americans despise cowards. Americans play to win all of the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed."

PATTEN: "There is more to be said for trying to engage and to draw these societies into the international community than to cut them off."

PATTON: "We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches. We're going to rip out their living god-damned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks."

PATTEN: "However mighty you are, even if you're the greatest superpower in the world, you cannot do it all on your own."

PATTON: "We have the finest food, the finest equipment, the best spirit, and the best men in the world. Why, by god, I actually pity those poor sons-of-bitches we're going up against. By god, I do."

PATTEN: "We have realised that we have to tackle the root causes of terrorism and violence."

PATTON: "The quickest way to get it over with is to go get the bastards who started it. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we can go home."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 May 2007 22:18 
Corporal
Corporal

Þórgrímr wrote:

PATTON: "The quickest way to get it over with is to go get the bastards who started it. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we can go home."

Amen to that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 May 2007 22:39 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Q: How do you turn a dishwashwer into a snowblower?

A: Give the bitch a shovel.

“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

"The only reason for being a professional writer is that you can't help it."

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

www.shallowbay.com Best. Band. Ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 May 2007 23:59 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Quote:
Air Force

1. Kiss the wife good-bye
2. Drive to the flight line
3. Fly to target area, drop bombs, fly back.
4. Pop in at the club for a couple with the guys
5. Go home, BBQ some burgers and drink some more beer

...and people call ME stupid for wanting to join the air force...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 May 2007 10:49 

Benno the Mad wrote:
Quote:
...and people call ME stupid for wanting to join the air force...

Benno I thought you would get a kick out of that part. :bs

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next