The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 27 Apr 2024 00:50

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gunny Music Video
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2006 20:30 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

The song linked HERE is So Cold by Breaking Benjamin. It's always had a post-apocalyptic feel to it for me, and tonight while I was listening to it I made (what I feel to be) a kickass mental video for it using WotG as the backdrop. Listen to it as you read this, and you'll know what I'm talking about (or think I was stoned/wasted).

The parts of the song will be put in little *star brackets*, with what I see when I hear it set off like--this.

*Music starts off slow*--Show series of newspaper headlines indicating tension between China and the US

*Starts to pick up*--Faster headline stream, news stations with no audio (clips of US and Chinese soldiers training)

*Really picks up, heavy guitar parts*--Headline and news stations all showing the same general statement of "WAR DECLARED" "CHINA INVADES JAPAN" or something similar. Show map of Alaska, red areas (showing Chinese occupation) slowly spread

*Slows back down, similair to beginning tempo*--Show news and paper headlines about the US responding victoriously.

*"Crowded streets are cleared away, one by one"*--A city being bombed from above, it could be either Chinese or American

*"Hollow heroes seperate, as they run"*--A pitched battle between American and Chinese forces. A group of soldiers breaks and runs, some getting shot down on their retreat.

*"You're so cold keep your hand in mine"*--An ICBM preparing for launch, viewed from the bottom of the silo looking up. The keys for launch turned, a green light turns on.

*"Wise men wonder"*--The Senate floor.

*"While strong men die"*--Back to the battle. A grenade lands in a group of men, one dives on it and saves the rest.

*"Show me how it ends it's alright"*Gunny getting locked into stasis.

*"Show me how defenseless you really are"*--Missiles streaming out of thier silos, like in The Day After.

*"Satisfied and empty inside"* The explosion, a city whiped clean. Again, it could be either American or Chinese.

*"That's alright, let's give this another try"*--Stasis pod opening, The Gunny steps out. Cut to a large Vault door, someone steps out, a Confederate flag stitched into his uniform.

*"If you find your family don't you cry"*--A dusty yellowed picture of Gunny and his family, The Gunny regaining composure after he realized what had happened, tears still wet on his face.

*"In this land of make-believe, dead and dry"*--The wasteland with a large number of men in the distance. Zoom to show that they are in fact Jannissaries.

*"You're so cold but you feel alive"*--Jason Mayo, looking very Ghoulish.

*"Lay your hands on me, one last time"*--Fast forward to Dante's death.

*"Show me how it ends it's alright"*--The Hanged Man revealing to Gunny the future if he continues his fight.

*"Show me how defenseless you really are"*--A Confederate flag being raised over the ruins of Vegas.

*"Satisfied and empty inside"*--Gunny leaving Vegas. Fast forward to him standing in front of the RNC Senate.

*"Let's give this another try"*--Jannissaries as far as the eye can see, moving almost at a run.

*Heavy guitar part*--Marines and Jannissaries clash, a huge battle. The beginning of the siege of the MCAGCC.

*"Show me how it ends it's alright,
Show me how defenseless you really are,
Satisfied and empty inside,
That's alright, let's give this another try"*--Continuing the battle. Marines taking losses, but giving far worse than they get. Gunny fighting right alongside his troops.

*"It's alright"*--A Marine mimics the heroism of the soldier who died earlier, sacrificing himself to save his comrades

*"It's alright!"*--The Confederate CP, and a very incensed staff.

*"It's alright,
It's alright,
It's alright,
It's alright,
It's alright"*--Continuing the battle through these lines, incredibly heavy combat.

*"It's alright"*--Back to Gunny, close up on the faceplate of his helmet.

*"It's alright" to end of song"*--Gunny pulls of his helmet, sweating heavily, and wipes his forehead. On his face a fierce, grim determination.

“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

"The only reason for being a professional writer is that you can't help it."

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

www.shallowbay.com Best. Band. Ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2006 21:55 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Damn aren't you a start burst of talent, BOS. Nice man. A pity I never got to fully look through this section carefully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2006 00:23 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Volume Two--Ordinary Man.

*Intro*--Brief images of fighting between American and Chinese troops.

*Intro Slows*--Zoom to one face, The Gunny.

*"Cast away, all the enemies of yesterday"*--Image ripples and fades, revealing burnt out desert, mirages flickering in the distance.

*"To alleviate, all the memories that come our way"*--Back to The Gunny, now in the future, remembering the loss of his family.

*"There's a better life, now you know that I am on your side"*--Camera pans to reveal masses of Marines rallying behind The Gunny.

*"Your beady eyes, burn a hole right through the back of mine"*--Camera whips across a battlefield, possibly outside MCAGCC, to the Darkman, an expression of pure hatred on his face.

*"I AM OUTTA TIME"*--Camera swings down, moves up, revealing the battlefield from a birds-eye view.

*"I'm an ordinary man, like everybody else"*--Picture ripples and distorts, whites out. When it reforms, it shows Gunny and his son playing.

*"Just a common counterfeit"*--Pan around street, looks like a typical suburb.

*"I'm an ordinary man"*--Zoom in on Gunny's face, then pan to show the Wasteland battlefield again.

*"Hesitate, while the world is just a step away
To recreate, all the innocence that time can take"*--Continue the battle, zoom back to Gunny's face, eyes closed.

*"I AM WIDE AWAKE"*--Eyes snap open, camera zooms out to show the stasis chamber and related bric-a-brac.

*Rest of song*--Replay the events slowly, in chronological order, pick up pace as you go. Return to the battle, and let it play out until the end. End with a shot of Gunny leading a charge of Marines.

“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Aug 2006 20:47 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

The song linked HERE is Natural Life. I needed a song to go with the recent Chad scene I wrote, and this fit quite well, IMO.

*Music starts up, guitar and bass*—A Bradley rolling through streets

*Drums join* --Ramp lowers, Locklear, Chad, Abernathy, and Rob all run out, vomit from stench.

*“Hold still”*--Quick montage of the first house

*“All of my life, all of my time”*--Entering second house

*“I don’t wanna come back round tonight”*--Chad looking into the second doorway

*“And all that I need, is serenity”*--Zoom to his eye, pan slowly around to the back of his head.

*“I don’t wanna feel your new disease”*--Zoom out from the back of his head to show the room beyond as well

*“The natural life, you’re born, you die”*--He hits the floor, head in his hands.

*“The natural life, you’re wrong, you’re right”*--Back downstairs, Rob and Locklear. Rob lifts his gun and heads off-camera.

*“The natural life, you’re born, you die”*--Rob joining Chad in the hallway.

*“The natural life’s a lie!”*--Rob kneeling down, putting his hand on Chad’s shoulder.

*“All of my lies, swallow your pride,
I don’t wanna come back round tonight,
And all that I need, is serenity,
I don’t wanna feel your new disease”*--The church scene.

*“RIGHT!”*--Fast forward to that night, Rob and Chad digging the grave.

*“You’re right, I could never lie,
Let me go,
Try to find a home,
And I can’t wait,
Try to stay awake,
Dead inside,
Bothered by the lie,
Well alright”*--Rob putting the cross at the head of the grave, moving back to sit on the porch steps.

*“The natural life, you’re born, you die
The natural life, you’re wrong, you’re right,
The natural life, you’re born, you die,
The natural life’s a lie!”*--Chad goes over to the steps, sits down. Puts his head in his hands and cries.

*Rest of the song* Zoom out on the two figures on the porch to show the ruined city.