The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 18 Mar 2024 21:55

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SINnless
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2008 05:07 
Corporal
Corporal

Love this game. I've owned the 3rd edition manual for a long time and still can't figure out why I never convinced my friends to create characters and run a game. But I fell in with a good group and I'm currently hashing out a 4th Edition Campaign.

http://dexies.wikispaces.com/

Anyways I created a character for some pickup games and managed to play in about 3 different games one was supposed to become a campaign but never did. Now she's just an NPC in my campaign as a bodyguard for the NPC its named for.

Anyways in one of those games I'd fleshed out her background well and this is the "novelization" of such.

Its not much, I don't have anything right now and kinda gave up, but here it is for a little posterity, maybe since I can't work on my Twilight 2000 story (my finished draft is back in Cali) I can push more on this one.[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2008 05:10 
Corporal
Corporal

Prologue
Renraku Research Building
Seattle, United Canadian and American States
November 2070

Sharp pains intermixed with a throbbing dullness emanated from the bullet wounds and burns across her body. She laid in a pool of her own blood breathing in short, painful gasps. The white lights and cleanliness of the Renraku building clashed with the blood stains, bullet holes and explosives damage that littered sections of the hallway. Any Lone Star detective worth his paycheck could tell that a running battle had happened here. Shadowrunners have a tendency to get the hell out of places when things go sour. Distant gunshots told her that her companions were still trying to escape. She tried to lift her head up to see if anyone was around but the effort was a bit too much and her head hit the ground with a wet smack of blood. Her breathing was slowing and despite her ‘wares she knew the end was inevitable. She closed her eyes and took a deep painful breath…

Last edited by wolfblade on 01 Jan 2008 05:25, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2008 05:22 
Corporal
Corporal

Chapter One: Beginnings
St. Petersburg, Russia
October 2067

The lavish restaurant was almost full of customers, it was the evening dinner rush and many had to get back to their homes so they could prepare for their next day of work. An ork and a dwarf sat at a table having a conversation that couldn’t be heard. Then again nothing these days was ever heard with the new version of the Matrix and AR. But, the conversations nearest them drowned out their own quiet conversation. An elf and a human sat at a table nearby, both eating silently and occasionally glancing at the ork and dwarf.
Kira Argounova sat eating her sparse dinner quietly, eyeing the man across the table and throwing an occasional look over at her boss and a client hashing out a deal. She double checked to make sure her PAN was partially hidden and therefore the only things clouding her vision was the restaurant menu. A personal message popped up in a window a few seconds later, *Things going bad. Get ready.* A twitch of thought loaded and disarmed the safety on her Colt L36 tucked into a shoulder rig underneath her coat. She noticed a change in the mood of the man sitting across from her, his boss obviously told him something but the rookie made the mistake of letting it be seen physically. The conversation that the dwarf and ork had rose in volume that it started drowning out the noise of the other patrons nearby. Kira was tense because if things went the wrong way it could spell trouble for the people sitting at nearby tables. The Mob may not care but Kira always made sure that she didn’t injure innocent bystanders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2008 23:29 
Sergeant Major of the USMC
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Sounds good so far. I look forward to more. :AH

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2008 15:52 
Corporal
Corporal

*Bad very bad* appeared in the chat window. Kira finished chewing the bite of soysteak she had in her mouth and wiped her mouth with her napkin. She dropped it onto her plate and smiled at the man sitting across from her. Finally the Ork and Dwarf stood up arguing vehemently in Russian. The Dwarf looked at the man who flipped the dinner table over and reached into his coat to pull out a pistol.

One thing a mobster learns in the mob world is that you don't bring unaugmented bodyguards to a meeting. Chances are the guy you are meeting up with is bringing someone loaded with 'wares.

Kira felt the reaction enhancers kick in her system as she went for her Colt. Her hand moved almost twice as fast as the man's and within a second the silenced pistol was pointed right at his chest. "Don't move you stupid ass!" She managed. He stopped mid-draw and put his hand in the air. The Ork and Dwarf stopped arguing and a noticeable change came over the Dwarf's face. The rest of the dinner guests were stunned and watching, a few that weren't used to seeing mob meetings were ducking under tables. She stood up and realized at the last second the man had his other hand pointed at her the tiny barrel of a weapon just barely embedded in his palm. So he's got some cyberware after all. Kira thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2008 17:54 
Corporal
Corporal

A burst of rounds impacted the ceiling, a line that would have taken Kira's head off. She was all ready in the air diving sideways as the man adjusted his aim to follow as he stood up. She fired two shots that missed the man and hit the wall on the opposite side of the room. His next burst missed as it attempted to track Kira and an patron on the other side of the room was hit and crumpled over from his hiding spot.

Kira hit and then in a split second she had the Colt center of mass and fired a double-tap. Both rounds hit him in the chest and he was tipped backwards and over the chair by the impact of the light rounds. Kira gracefully stood herself up quickly and was all ready pointing her pistol at the Dwarf while checking the man's pulse. There wasn't one, and quickly the Ork began talking to the Dwarf and the Dwarf nodded solemnly.

*Good Work Kira.* It was all she really expected of her boss. She tucked her Colt away and checked the man that had been hit, he had a weak pulse and it was fainting quickly.

"Job Tvojemadj!" she spat out. All ready her boss was leaving and she was quick to follow watching the crowd as she walked carefully out the door and to where their driver was all ready waiting with the limo at the entrance.

"Mister Gorov has become very very cooperative." the Ork said as he and the Dwarf stepped into the vehicle.