Sergeant Major

Now that is a start. Now why has Gerri has mad e a reapperance? :bs

Post subject: Re: The Armaggedon War Discussion
PostPosted: 17 Oct 2008 01:45 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

haegan2007 wrote:
Now that is a start. Now why has Gerri has mad e a reapperance? :bs

You shall see. :ac Just keep in mind what you have seen so far for the Armageddon War. I think you will like what you see. This is what my muse has had me working on since my move to Iowa.

Cheers, Þórgrímr

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Oct 2008 20:42 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I read the second post. Now I am really intrigued.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Oct 2008 22:01 

haegan2007 wrote:
I read the second post. Now I am really intrigued.

To be quite honest, I think the Armageddon war will throw you for a loop. :ac

Cheers, Þórgrímr

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008 19:24 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

We shall see. But I like the hyper com signal thingy. :bs

Now, what ever shall be waiting for them? Did the yanks retain earth after the war with the numies? Now I am really curious.
Your post was just long enough to pull me in and want more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2008 19:27 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Quote:
Unknown to them, their presence triggered a hyperspace proximity signal that would eventually make its way back to the very planet they were traveling to.

Wouldn't either one of the confed ships at least pick up the signal? They may not be able to read it, put shouldn't they pick it up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008 02:05 

haegan2007 wrote:
Quote:
Unknown to them, their presence triggered a hyperspace proximity signal that would eventually make its way back to the very planet they were traveling to.

Wouldn't either one of the confed ships at least pick up the signal? They may not be able to read it, put shouldn't they pick it up?

One hint, keep track of the subtle changes, they are the clues as to what is going on. Remeber, there are an infinite number of universes in the multiverse. And some so similar it is hard to tell one from another. :w

No, Since their sensors are configured for subspace, not hyperspace, which is a seperate dimension. But good question though. :bs

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008 02:18 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

canon, but in yet another universe? Now my head is hurting!
I have problems tracking the TOF, nevermind the other books. :bs

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008 02:52 

haegan2007 wrote:

Ain't temporal mechanics and casuality 'fun'? :w :bs

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008 09:47 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Yes, they are. The chaos one can do with them.... :bs

Þórgrímr wrote:
haegan2007 wrote:

Ain't temporal mechanics and casuality 'fun'? :w :bs

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008 10:09 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

The Gunny? THE Gunny?!?

lol. good tie in that. :bs

so if terra is going after Mars, this argues for a Much earlier time.

I do like how you are handling the multiple races onbeard the ships. Makes me wonder who the Tau Cetians are, since they are human looking. On top of that, a lot of people are halve somethings? :as LOL. Was it because of the water?

Are the Eridani human looking as well? If not, can we get a basic description? And are they the Numie equivelan?

Quote:
"Mr. Washington?"

So intent was he in viewing the contents that he and the Comm officer failed to realize that his new Captain was waiting patiently behind him for almost fifteen seconds. The Lt. Colonel turned around quickly. "Yes, Ma’am?”

This too was well done.

A concern though. You have a lot of plot threads started in four postings. This could be hard to track over a period of time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008 12:03 

haegan2007 wrote:
The Gunny? THE Gunny?!?

lol. good tie in that. :bs

so if terra is going after Mars, this argues for a Much earlier time.

I do like how you are handling the multiple races onbeard the ships. Makes me wonder who the Tau Cetians are, since they are human looking. On top of that, a lot of people are halve somethings? :as LOL. Was it because of the water?

Are the Eridani human looking as well? If not, can we get a basic description? And are they the Numie equivelan?

Quote:
"Mr. Washington?"

So intent was he in viewing the contents that he and the Comm officer failed to realize that his new Captain was waiting patiently behind him for almost fifteen seconds. The Lt. Colonel turned around quickly. "Yes, Ma’am?”

This too was well done.

A concern though. You have a lot of plot threads started in four postings. This could be hard to track over a period of time.

And who do we know that would use chaos to their advantage? :w

Well, if you remember I did say a long time ago that all of my sagas and stories are going to be tied together. So it stands to reason the Gunny would pop up somewhere. :ac

As for the Tau Cetians, the clues are there, so you tell me. :w Let's see how good your detective work is. :bs

Yes the Eridani are humanoid. Later on in the story we find out why so many species in the Confederation universe are humanoid.

I know there are a LOT of plot elements and it looks like total chaos, but I spent nearly two weeks making sure they all eventually came together. But I had to do it in a way that the reader could not figure out too early and lose interest. :ac :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008 20:40 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Ah, character development. Yes, I think Deburgh snapped does have it bad! :bs

Also very well done. Instead of battles and mass destruction, I have been drawn it by the character interaction. You did this with Eric and Paul fairly well as well. But then you had a book and a half to introduce me to them and begin to care about what happens to them.

This is a slightly diff style of writing for you. Congrats!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008 20:52 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

yeppers, i missed it badly. If it were a snake it would have bit me twice :ad

Quote:
"Ceana, I have selected you as the answer to Captain Gorman's problem concerning the crew," Selmar said. "Your training in psychiatry, and your empathic ability would serve the Captain's plan nicely."

The beautiful medic looked surprised as she heard the two officers speaking to her about a new type of position onboard.

Is she getting the position of ships Counciler like Troy in STNG?

Quote:
"Empathic?" Gorman asked. "Are you Tau Cetian or Human?"

"Actually, my father was Human and my mother is Tau Cetian. My telepathic abilities are not as strong as a full Tau Cetian, but I can sense emotions quite well, better than most. It was thought that my abilities would mesh well with my training, but the war..."

A little confused here. Thought numies were humans?

Quote:
All of the Eridani crewmen were keenly aware of the fate of this planet could so easily befall theirs even now. The Eridani on the two Confederation starships chanted their homeworlds' funeral dirge for their lost brethren and the telepathically enhanced chant...

Two teep species? interesting. They do seem to get along well together based off of what I have read so far. Now a Q. Most of the crew are not Tau cetians or Eridani I gather. Did the Confederation have a large percentage of it teeps onboard its ships? Or is this a good representation of its population base?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008 21:11 

haegan2007 wrote:
yeppers, i missed it badly. If it were a snake it would have bit me twice :ad

Quote:
Is she getting the position of ships Counciler like Troy in STNG?

Yuppers, Troi is the model I was using fro Ceana. Good insight.

Quote:
A little confused here. Thought numies were humans?

I will answer your question with a question. Do the Numerians call themselves Human, or Numerian? :w

Quote:
Two teep species? interesting. They do seem to get along well together based off of what I have read so far. Now a Q. Most of the crew are not Tau cetians or Eridani I gather. Did the Confederation have a large percentage of it teeps onboard its ships? Or is this a good representation of its population base?

It's a good representation of the overall Confederation population. Although Humansmake up about 75% of the Confederation military you will still find a large percentage of non-Humans in every crew.

You slowly find out a bit more about some of the various races in the story. And as a hint, the Tau Cetians, through Ceana, are one of them. :bs

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008 21:31 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Quote:
I will answer your question with a question. Do the Numerians call themselves Human, or Numerian?

depends on who you ask. The Medic would call them humans. The nationalists would call them Numerians. Numerian is like being called American. At least for many of them. They see the yanks as disadvantaged humans. After all the yank psi power maks them blind to psi world and its potential for community and closeness. etc etc etc. On the flip side, what you have never experienced, you will not miss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008 21:51 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Earth Two? where have I heard this before? lol. The only connection I can remember is Babylon 5.

Quote:
Earth Two O'Neill colony

Father figure indeed. And a neat plot twist! When was this again? After the Numie war?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008 21:55 

haegan2007 wrote:
depends on who you ask. The Medic would call them humans. The nationalists would call them Numerians. Numerian is like being called American. At least for many of them. They see the yanks as disadvantaged humans. After all the yank psi power maks them blind to psi world and its potential for community and closeness. etc etc etc. On the flip side, what you have never experienced, you will not miss.

Exactly. Ceana later on in the story lets you know exactly what the designation of her species is. May surprise you... or not. :bs

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008 21:58 

haegan2007 wrote:
Earth Two? where have I heard this before? lol. The only connection I can remember is Babylon 5.

Quote:
Earth Two O'Neill colony

Father figure indeed. And a neat plot twist! When was this again? After the Numie war?

Actually, in the 70's there was a movie called Earth Two. But it was a Torus Colony, and not an O'Neill Cylinder.

About 20 Years after the American-Numerian War.

Oh, as a note my cable should be hooked up by monday. About 2 and a half months faster than I had expected!!!!! :as

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008 22:01 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Yes! (hops up and down) glad i didn't haveany coffee!

Quote:
Oh, as a note my cable should be hooked up by monday. About 2 and a half months faster than I had expected!!!!! :as

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008 22:13 

haegan2007 wrote:

Lol, glad to see my ravings were missed. :bs

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008 22:23 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Yes, at least by this cross eyed maniacally good looking fellow. Just ask any of me! :bs

postings just don't lend the same creative energy as IM. :w

Þórgrímr wrote:
haegan2007 wrote:

Lol, glad to see my ravings were missed. :bs

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008 22:31 

haegan2007 wrote:
Yes, at least by this cross eyed maniacally good looking fellow. Just ask any of me! :bs

postings just don't lend the same creative energy as IM. :w

And remember all the prodding I had to do to get you on IM in the first place? :w I think you see now why I said it is SO much better then even email. :ac

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Oct 2008 22:35 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I cry Uncle! :gl

Þórgrímr wrote:
And remember all the prodding I had to do to get you on IM in the first place? :w I think you see now why I said it is SO much better then even email. :ac

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Post subject: text file
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2008 13:24 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

IIRC, I thought the yorktown was a BB, but in the book it is about the size of a USA heavy cruiser?

What are the D'Orlies and the Naff? BB and a DN? No fighters?

Have you condifered grividic weapons(temporary black holes or focused gravity waves that ignore shields?)

Meson cannon?

A good Num name would be Hasan d'Ghorman. :bs

I'm only up to the point where Carter is meeting the Confeds on the station. I will keep reading though!