The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:19

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: BTS!: DSA Game 1 Discussion
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012 13:51 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

mavikfelna wrote:
CRAP! My system crashed again on Sunday and I lost everything I'd been doing for my Jan turn. I'll get something up on the playtester reports though.

Damn! Sorry to hear that bud! I hope nothing important was lost!

I will go ahead and send out the Jan turns. Mav, just go ahead and send me your Jan turn when you can. :AH

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2012 10:11 

I have an important meeting with my lawyer tomorrow, and I have to use today to get ready for it.

So I have to pause the game for a couple of days. Sorry about that. We will pick this back up on Thursday.

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012 14:59 

Guys, I apologize for my delay in informing you all of why I have not processed any turns recently, but, in all honesty, not a peep from any of the testers made me think nobody really cared anyway. :ad

But, the reason is between getting Gunny Pubs Inc. launched and product up for sale, and spending time with my son, I have been really busy and could not concentrate on DSA.

So, if you are still interested, please stand by until I can get the launch finished and product up for sale. Then we can resume testing. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2012 18:38 

mavikfelna wrote:
Well, you did post you were going to be busy, so I think all of us were just waiting for you to poke your head up before trying to wack-a-mole you. :)

Of course, I also had some insight on the other stuff going on so I knew you were busy that way too.

--Mav

Lol, ok. You are probably correct about the others. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012 10:07 
Corporal
Corporal

Yeah, I though it was just a "Give me a couple days then I can start it up again" kinda thing.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012 01:41 
Corporal
Corporal

MrAnderson wrote:
Yeah, I though it was just a "Give me a couple days then I can start it up again" kinda thing.

Same here ... I don't think anyone has lost interest , just giving you the time to sort through your stuff

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012 13:23 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Just waiting on you bud. Still working on getting GDI+ to work.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012 13:36 

Thanks guys! The problem is all of the freakin' laywer meetings, paperwork, and other minor irritations in getting the company going and new shares of stock issued to out of state residents.

God almighty, I never knew there were so many rules and regulations concerning the issuing of company stock! :ad

It is not physically hard, but damn, the paperwork is wearing me out mentally. :ad

But, now that Gunny Pubs has a director of art, and a director of programming, both outstanding at their jobs BTW, :ac the company has the needed personnel to get things moving with product to sell!

Attached is the official Gunny Pubs Inc. logo created by our new art director! So give the gent a bir round of applause!!! :br

EDIT: Attachment removed 09 - 02 - 12

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012 13:44 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

What can I say? I have to learn programming somehow! lol

Speaking of which, I am learning to hate GDI+. It's the same as used in MS paint, which does what we are looking for anyways.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2012 13:57 

haegan2007 wrote:
What can I say? I have to learn programming somehow! lol

Speaking of which, I am learning to hate GDI+. It's the same as used in MS paint, which does what we are looking for anyways.

Considering your salary is tied into your programs, I bet you will learn how to do things ASAP! :w

Two of our first products that will be hitting the digital shelves are The Name Creation Tool, which will allow a person to generate thousands of names in the specified list he wishes. The name listis included in the base release will be as follows: English, French, German, Chinese, and Japanese. These will cover a broad spectrum of asiatic and european names. Future name packs will be forthcoming once the main product has been for sale fro a bit.

The second item will be the The Character Portrait Creation Tool. This program will allow a player to choose different attributes, such as body type anf gender, facial features, clothing and equipment, and finally, weapons and armor. In the basic program will be a Human, Elf, Dwarf, and Halfling species archtypes. The basic character class chlothing and equipment for the following classes will be in the basic release: Fighter, Thief, Cleric, Mage, and Ranger.

Cheers Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012 20:38 
Private First Class
Private First Class

And here I was thinking I'd dreadfully abandoned the game due to busyness. :st Turns out you were just as busy. :gl

When you get back off the pad, let me know, and I'll be back at the game. :tu I just submitted a Midterm and my theatre production finished up its show run last Saturday, so I have a lot more free time these days. I had almost zero before now. :td

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012 23:46 

Tssha wrote:
And here I was thinking I'd dreadfully abandoned the game due to busyness. :st Turns out you were just as busy. :gl

When you get back off the pad, let me know, and I'll be back at the game. :tu I just submitted a Midterm and my theatre production finished up its show run last Saturday, so I have a lot more free time these days. I had almost zero before now. :td

NP bud. We all get busy with real life at times. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012 23:51 

ANNOUNCEMENT!

mavikfelna will be taking over the GMing of this game. He has my complete faith to run the game and spot all of the lil' critters that need squishin'! :bs

It should be resuming in a day or two. I will get Mav to post with the relevant details. :AH

This will allow me to concentrate on rules writing and running the company. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012 14:15 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Gents, due to real life demands I am going to have to drop DSA for the moment. I will still be here but i am working on other things for gunny Pubs which are demanding most of my free time.

I have every confidence in Mav running the DSA testing smoothly!

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012 18:42 
Corporal
Corporal

mavikfelna wrote:
Ok, quick post here. I'll be taking over so Japan will be dropping out of the competition, though I plan on keeping playing them. :)

We'll get in a couple more years and then evaluate whether we need to start a new game or continue.

I will take me a few days to get my head around the GM tools but I am hoping I can throw a turn out there by Sunday.

Thanks all for a good game so far and I look forward to running this with you all.

--Mav

No problems ... I'm still keen to continue !

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2012 16:15 
Private First Class
Private First Class

So uh, which email address do we send it to? Or do we just send it to the same one we've been sending it to before?

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2012 16:53 

Tssha wrote:
So uh, which email address do we send it to? Or do we just send it to the same one we've been sending it to before?

I gave Mav all of the players' email addresses. So just return the turn to the email address you recieve the turn from. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2012 12:59 

Guys, I apologize for what has happened with the game. I honestly did not knopw what was going to happen, and I have been working 16 hours a day trying to get the expansion pack for the name generator finished as soon as possible.

If you go to Drive Thru RPG and choose for a publisher Gunny Pubs Inc you will see the name generator for sale. Then if you access the page you will see a product description. In that you will see a list of 10 civilizations I am gathering names for. I want to try and get this expansion ready for sale by the weekend. Once I get this out the door, I PROMISE I will resume the game.

So keep the faith, I will be back as soon as I can get this expansion out the door. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012 13:30 

mavikfelna wrote:
Just wanted to let you all know, I am making some progress but RL is slowing things down more than I'd like. If I am very lucky, then I'll have turns out by Thursday.

--Mav

Mav, I appreciate that. I REALLY need to concentrate on my current items that need to get done.

I hope your feeling better after your current pull.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012 11:57 
Private

Hey guys,

I`m the new guy here and try to get into the space race. I have already send a PM to Þórgrímr.

For my "rivals" i wish good luck, have fun, and greetings from Hamburg. :bs

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next