The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 12:33

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: DSA Game Two Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2012 18:37 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

mavikfelna wrote:
I sent the last turn I could I find. Use that and I can catch up quick if needed.

Thanks,
--Mav

The one you sent was corrupted. Can you resend it?

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2012 01:15 
Corporal
Corporal

I'll drop you an e-mail from work tomorrow with my last turn

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2012 09:19 

Gav wrote:
I'll drop you an e-mail from work tomorrow with my last turn

Thanks bud!

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2012 10:46 

Processed Mav's August turn, and Gav's March turn. Their next turns have been sent out. :AH

I do not know if MrAnderson is participating or not. He has not responded to any of the posts since he returned.

It also looks like Axner has bailed without a word of goodbye either, just like Tssha.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2012 16:26 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

should we limit the player to purchasing only what has been researched or is being researched?

purchasing EVA suites when you have not even begun the research on it feels wrong.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2012 16:55 

haegan2007 wrote:
should we limit the player to purchasing only what has been researched or is being researched?

purchasing EVA suites when you have not even begun the research on it feels wrong.

A player cannot purchase HW until a Program is initiated. Why no HW is listed until a player begins an R&D program for it. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2012 17:32 
Corporal
Corporal

I've been meaning to, but I am pretty busy, and only really managed to skim the forum every few days. This won't change for a bit, so I'm going to sit this out for a while.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2012 19:18 

MrAnderson wrote:
I've been meaning to, but I am pretty busy, and only really managed to skim the forum every few days. This won't change for a bit, so I'm going to sit this out for a while.

Sure, no problem bud. I appreciate the heads up. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2012 21:25 

Mav, Gav, would you two be amenable to increasing the number of turns to three per day?

Since we are down to two testers I can process many more turns per day. :AH

This way we can get the test going much faster.

Let me know what you two think about this idea, and yes, replying is mandatory. :w

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2012 01:12 
Corporal
Corporal

Þórgrímr wrote:
Mav, Gav, would you two be amenable to increasing the number of turns to three per day?

Since we are down to two testers I can process many more turns per day. :AH

This way we can get the test going much faster.

Let me know what you two think about this idea, and yes, replying is mandatory. :w

Cheers, Thor

I should be able to get three or more per day ... work commitments aside.
I'll be offline for a while but you can still get me via work... explanation via PM

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2012 12:37 

Mav, if it will be too much of a problem you and Gav can proceed at different paces. Gav will be 3 to 4 turns per day, work depending, while you can maintain the 1 turn per day.

Essentially each of you will be testing your own game. We do not have enough participants for a true 'race' anyway. So may as well concentrate on the mechanics of the game.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2012 12:05 

I sent this to Mav with his turn, but I feel it will do some good if I post it here. :AH

Quote:
As an FYI, it probably would have been better if you had taken the scrub penalty instead of trying to launch the impact probe mission. With only a 35% safety factor on the probe it was destined to fail. If you had scrubbed the mission you would not have lost the HW and risked a catastrophic failure with such a low safety.

To be honest, the orbital insertion failure may have prevented a worse catastrophy by completely wiping out the safety on the probe if a CF had occurred. :AH

Sometimes it is ok to take the prestige hit, to prevent worse things from happening. Not all penatlies are worth avoiding. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012 15:55 

mavikfelna wrote:
Yea yea yea. Somebody has to test the failure rules. :)

--Mav

LMAO! And you are doing such a fine job at it! :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2012 15:57 

Gav has reached 1960, and before continuing his Y.E.R. is required. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2012 12:40 

Mav has reached 1960, and his Y.E.R. is now due. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012 15:01 

Ok guys, I gotta ask. Why are you two using MEO rockets on Animal Orbital missions? That is a huge waste of resources!

So why do the both of you insist on using MEO's instead of LEO's? :ad

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012 17:46 
Corporal
Corporal

Þórgrímr wrote:
Ok guys, I gotta ask. Why are you two using MEO rockets on Animal Orbital missions? That is a huge waste of resources!

So why do the both of you insist on using MEO's instead of LEO's? :ad

Cheers, Thor

Don't know ... they're big ?. Just testing out all the hardware

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012 18:26 

Gav wrote:
Don't know ... they're big ?. Just testing out all the hardware

Lol, but they are already maxxed out in safety, so the 'testing' will not do any good. :w :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2012 21:30 

mavikfelna wrote:
pushing heavier hardware? Mostly using them cause I have them and they seem more appropriate.

--Mav

Mav, the MEO is the equivalent to the Saturn 1B Rocket. You are using Saturns to boost small items into orbit when you could be using a Titan II instead.

A LEO Rocket has an 85 CP, and can handle a one man cap and then some. It can even squeeze on a two man cap. While a MEO Rocket has a 500 CP. Talk about wasted space and resources.

So your reasoning just does not make sense to me. You are worried about resources, but you wasted 15 extra IUU's by buying three MEO's when you could have bought LEO's instead. Then when you use them you will waste 1 Wu, and .5 Iuu per launch.

You can play your game anyway you wish, I am just trying to understand the flawed logic you gave. :ad

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2012 13:46 

Processed Gav's June 1960 turn, and sent out his July turn.

Mav has not turned in his February turn.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2012 16:35 

mavikfelna wrote:
Sorry. I had to replace my machine at work again and I think my turn got lost in the translation. Will get it out ASAP.

--Mav

NP bud! I resent the turn, so you should be good to go!

Cheers, Ken

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next