The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 05:54

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: DSA program
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012 19:51 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

agreed, just need to figure the how's out now!

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2012 17:51 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Okay! an official preview of the Budget Screen!

Things to do still, add the code to display multiple years and center the numbers in the grid.

Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 143.78 KiB | Viewed 18880 times ]

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2012 18:02 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

haegan2007 wrote:
Okay! an official preview of the Budget Screen!

Things to do still, add the code to display multiple years and center the numbers in the grid.

Lookin' good bud! We be makin' progress!

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2012 01:07 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

In about a month I get to have Ken do what a marine does best! Try to break things! :br

Once the budget screen is done, its really time to work on the basics of the Admin(orders) screen. We are still working on how to store these orders for processing in the tables, as well as how to determine Which UI is being used to GM the game.

We'll probably have the game create a orders file that can be sent and loaded into the UI that is acting as the GM program. This part is going to take some thought as we really don't have the ability to do an undo when the player clicks Next Turn. Nor do we want the player to just continually click Next Turn! This will get him or her hopelessly out of sinc with everyone else.

Even with a game this simple(relatively) the Database and its tables are becoming complex rather quickly. 15 turns in I don't want to be fixing a players DB because its out of sinc!

Right now I am looking at several different types of tables. The Dynamic tables are ones that we store info from what the player is doing and currently includes Games, Players, Research, Inventory, and Budget(history). We have 2 static tables that store our basic Hardware information and the Flag/Logo info for nations. These 2 tables are only used for reference by the program and should not expand except as we add new hardware and nations to the program.

We need to create tables for the following: Mission Types(static), Astronaut Names(Static), Generated Astronauts(Dynamic), Scheduled Missions(Dynamic), Successfully Launched Modules(Dynamic), Intel (Dynamic), and Stored Orders(Dynamic).

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2012 01:37 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Okay, we fixed the Centering and added the code that should allow the screen to parse and display multiple years. How is it looking?

Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 57.76 KiB | Viewed 18876 times ]

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2012 01:39 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Gee, post at 1:38 in the morning and Ken does not respond till mid morning? You'd almost think he went to bed! :bs

I recommend the orders screen next.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2012 11:17 

haegan2007 wrote:
Gee, post at 1:38 in the morning and Ken does not respond till mid morning? You'd almost think he went to bed! :bs

I recommend the orders screen next.

If someone would not have told me he was hitting the rack at 8PM, I would have been up a wee bit later. :w

It is looking outstanding bud!

I agree, the orders screen should be next.

I am surprised you never commented on the bad news I posted in the discussion forum. :ad

Cheers, Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2012 15:45 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

What more is there to say? A good man has passed on and we are poorer for it.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2012 17:01 

haegan2007 wrote:
What more is there to say? A good man has passed on and we are poorer for it.

Agreed. When I heard the news I felt like I had lost a family member. He had inspired a love of space and science in me, and for that I could never have said thank you enough.

He is the reason BTS!, and now DSA, are coming into being! :bs

I can guarantee you this though, the first Human base on the Moon in canon BTS! and the Gunnyverse Lore will be named after him. :AH

And, as of now, Armstrong will be the name of the capitol city on Rigel. :ac

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2012 17:55 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

The admin annex is going to be the most complicated of the screens by far.

I have come to find out that our original idea on how to place orders is not going to work out.

So, we are going to have to fake it :D

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2012 17:40 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Okay, we have found a workable way to do this that does not involve spending $895 for a control.

Gotta love those free programming sites! Due to the information that this screen is processing, we will be spending more time on coding this then any other screen in the program. Anyways, this is an early preview of the screen, which will likely undergo many changes as we go along.

Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 30.08 KiB | Viewed 18849 times ]

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2012 23:48 
Corporal
Corporal

Looking nice so far, I know how annoying Basic can get sometimes,

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012 17:55 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

we have decided to use lynx grid to do this. It fakes the drop down by moving a drop down in and out of visibility. Well, what ever works right?

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012 20:11 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Okay, the page has slowly taken shape. But, it has a long ways to go still. Take this as a pre-pre-pre-release alpha view.

Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 79.25 KiB | Viewed 18823 times ]

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2012 19:46 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I have been pulled off for several days to make a tool to help speed up the BTS! corporation expansion. Lots of math involved and the calculator is just too slow!

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2012 20:27 

haegan2007 wrote:
I have been pulled off for several days to make a tool to help speed up the BTS! corporation expansion. Lots of math involved and the calculator is just too slow!

Due to personal reasons, and Haegan knows of them, I cannot concentrate on anything light, such as running turns or writing. The only thing I can get done productively is things involving heavy math requirements where I have to dedicate more of my organic computer's runtime to this.

Below is an example of the data I am putting together for the BTS! expansion CEO's, Inventors, and Potentates:

Code:
Product                 Base Market Price per Unit
Automobile, Standard          .35 WU's per unit        = $1,050,000,000 Revenue Per Month
Full Production per Month      3000 Units   

Workers Needed for Full Production
Profession                    Needed
Production Floor Managers      7000                    = $14,000,000  Payroll Per Month  ($24K per yr)
Administrative Managers        3800                    = $15,200,000  Payroll Per Month  ($48K per yr)
Corporate Managers             460                     = $3,833,180   Payroll Per Month  ($100K per yr)
Executives                     46                      = $958,318     Payroll Per Month  ($250K per yr)
Production Floor Engineers     12000                   = $24,000,000  Payroll Per Month  ($24K per yr)
Senior Engineers               2400                    = $9,600,000   Payroll Per Month  ($48K per yr)
Executive Engineers            150                     = $1,249,950   Payroll Per Month  ($100K per yr)
_______________________________________________________________________________________
                               Total                   = $240,841,448 Payroll Per Month

Products Needed for Full Production
Product                    Monthly Use (in Units)
Automobile Interior, Standard  3000                    = $165,000,000     Cost Per Month  ($5,500 per Unit)
Chemicals                      50                      = $4,600,000       Cost Per Month  ($92,000 per Unit)
Electrical Components          300                     = $8,400,000       Cost Per Month  ($28,000 per Unit)
Electronic Components          300                     = $15,720,000      Cost Per Month  ($52,400 per Unit)
Energy                         30 million kwhs         = $1,935,000       Cost Per Month  ($64,500 per Unit)
Engine, ICE                    3000                    = $13,500,000      Cost Per Month  ($4,500 per Unit)
High Tech Services             75                      = $18,750,000      Cost Per Month  ($250,000 per Unit)
Industrial Equipment           25                      = $285,000         Cost Per Month  ($11,400 per Unit)
Industrial Upkeep Units        2                       = $6,040,000       Cost Per Month  ($3,020,000 per Unit)
Plastic                        30                      = $102,600         Cost Per Month  ($3,420 per Unit)
Services                       125                     = $335,000         Cost Per Month  ($2,680 per Unit)
Steel                          50                      = $387,500         Cost Per Month  ($7,750 per Unit)
Wheels                         12,000                  = $24,084,000      Cost Per Month  ($2,007 per Unit)
________________________________________________________________________________________
                               Total Parts             = $383,429,100     Cost Per Month
                               Total Labor             = $240,841,448     Cost Per Month
________________________________________________________________________________________
                               Grand Total             = $624,270,548     Cost Per Month
                               Profit                  = $425,729,452     Cost Per Month
                               Taxes                   = $127,718,836      Per Month
                               Income                  = $298,010,616     Per Month  ($2,736,127,392 per year)

So I needed Haegan to come up with a small program to crunch the numbers for me since there are over 500 products scheduled to be introduced in this expansion. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2012 18:21 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Okay, the product cruncher is done, back to DSA!

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2012 23:18 
Corporal
Corporal

Haven't been here in a while, the program's going good as usual. If you ever need some graphics for it, i'd be happy to take a swing at them.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2012 20:04 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Okay, we are making progress. This screen, as planned, is really complicated in how it interacts with itself.

we need you to be able to click anywhere on the flexgrid and for the program to be able to figure out what needs to be listed there, so it has to be able to "know" what choice has been made in the cell to the left. Ouch.

But we are making progress! Here's a show off pic!

Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 22.62 KiB | Viewed 18713 times ]

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2012 20:44 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Okay, we are working on filling in the remaining columns beyond the first two. The first 2 pretty much determine everything else.

i removed the finished projects(sounding rocket, etc) because i was done with them and added an "active" project to test out adding teams and such. I named it the "ThingMabob". I figured "DoHicky" was overused... :AH

Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 15.7 KiB | Viewed 18571 times ]

Last edited by haegan2007 on 22 Sep 2012 14:19, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2012 19:04 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

okay, we are now working on adding the ability to create the mission orders. We decided the easiest way was to have the player create a mission name and add the appropriate hard ware to it.

Thus the player makes a mission named Atriedes and assigns the mission type and the Hardware to it.

So when he orders a mission launch, he will choose the launch mission command, the mission name, and its date on the Admin Annex and the program will go from there.

I suspect that we want the player to create a launch date even if he does not have all the hardware in hand as he has several months to buy it before the launch. We will likely only need to check for available HW when the launch takes place.

So I am now working on the mission creation screen and how to store this in the DB. Once I know how this looks(and saves!) I can go back to the Admin Annex.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2012 20:40 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Okay, the mission drop down has 101 missions in it. That actually drops off the page! lol

So, we will have to break the missions up into sub-missions like Lunar, Orbital, Duration, EVA Duration, and Probes. I am sure there are others, but I can't think of them right now.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2012 03:05 
Corporal
Corporal

haegan2007 wrote:
Okay, the mission drop down has 101 missions in it. That actually drops off the page! lol

So, we will have to break the missions up into sub-missions like Lunar, Orbital, Duration, EVA Duration, and Probes. I am sure there are others, but I can't think of them right now.

Can't wait to try it out ! ... how long before it is ready ?

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2012 10:17 

haegan2007 wrote:

The simplest division would be to just split them into Manned and Unmanned. That should, roughly, split them in half, which brings the number down to a manageable 50 for each group. If you need more subdivisions, then having them in Manned or Unmanned will make it far easier to decide what to call them. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2012 18:00 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I cannot remember where i read this, but we should not have more then 20 or so choices in the drop downs. anything more is can give the player a "whoa too many options" complex.

course, that is also true for the research available in the Orders Annex, but i have not thought of a way around that yet. Except to add research requirements that must be met before it can be displayed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next