The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 04:57

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 11:40 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Werner, look two posts above your posting of the screenie on CFC and you will see that Flamand had already offered to make a new interface. :w

And I have replied to Flamand. :bs

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 12:48 
Corporal
Corporal

I guess that's why you are the boss ... and I but a lowly grunt :AH

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 12:54 

But a VERY valued lowly grunt. :bs

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 17:41 
Corporal
Corporal

Werner, I understand from Ken that Jos is remaking the Interface all new so I am not sure how this will look or interact. Perhaps Jos can enlighten us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 18:31 
Corporal
Corporal

Ken, Concerning the Irrigation.....we need to discuss this further as to specifics. I can change the irrigation on all terrains or keep the irrigation that exists now and adjust the color, brightness and contrast so they look better in the Fall Out World.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 19:37 

Discussed in chat.

In case any of you are wondering about posts like this, it is to remind me the question has been answered. :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2006 09:42 
Corporal
Corporal

sending the irrigation, craters and pollution to you now Ken...Oh and in case you are wondering what this post is for ...it is to remind me to actually send the files now. :gl

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2006 10:28 

LOL, Greg, files recieved and implemented. Will be in the new update this weekend. :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006 03:03 
Corporal
Corporal

Just thinking ... what else is new LOL

Anyway ... I read sometime ago a report in the War Hammer mod ... sorry about constantly bring that one up ... but I consider it a benchmark which we should strive for :ac

Well, it concerns Leader names ... and occasionally an interesting surprise pops up ... and this could be used as a fun factor ... add the names of all those who have assisted in the mod to the leader list.

Of course these names would be placed at the very bottom of the lists, that way very occasionally a BOS13 or a Vuldacon or even a Thorgrimm will show up in the game.

It's a fun way of thanking the teams past and present for their assistence.

:AE Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006 10:03 

Werner, good idea, but I think fe3333au would kinda stick out don't you? Sounds like an alchemy formula for converting iron into gold. :bs So pick another name and that will be included.

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006 10:25 
Corporal
Corporal

:gl ... I was thinking the Bots actually.

But if you like the idea, I'd probably go with Feaurius III which I believe is nicely pretentious and one I use in the Civ3 MTDG where I am currently and have been for a long time, the Foreign Minister for the team I am in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006 10:29 

Sure, sounds good to me, what civ do you wish to be in?

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006 11:02 
Corporal
Corporal

LOL ... I was just making a suggestion to be considered so havn't given too much thought.

Umm ... either a Vaulter (Family who paid to get into a safe bunker) or Reno Mobs.

But I'd suggest we leave that when we get to Leader naming as I've notices that there are few names available to the different civs.

Query ... if only one name is listed, does that name get reused for all leader creations ... if this is the case maybe use a computer term for Bots something like a prime directive or similar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006 11:26 

Werner, each civ can have his own list of sci and mil leader names.

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006 11:43 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Could the Mutants maybe get a civ-specific wonder Religious Fervor or something that could pump out a Nightkin every few turns? And maybe something similar in the other militaristic civilizations, like Compulsory Military Service for the Enclave that'd create a Rifle Infantry or something every so often.

If you don't have a list of BOS Military Leaders, I'm thinking:

General Barnacky
General Decker
Rhombus
Talus
(Whoever the guy giving hand to hand training was, I think Michael, but that may have been the equipment guy)
Paladin Chronos (head of Dagger Squad IIRC)

BOS Scientific leaders:
Vree
Kyle (the Knight who could show you a laser pistol, and helped you with your power armor)

For Mob Military leaders you could probably use:
Mason
Little Jesus
Chris Wright
(The other Wright, I can't remember his name right now)

Mob Scientific Leaders
Myron (obviously)
Renesco

Mutant Military Leaders
Lieutenant ("Lou")
Marcus
Melchior

Mutant Scientific Leaders
*cricket*
(The one Mutant Scientist you officially ran into was named Mutant Scientist, so I'm kinda stumped there)
Maybe Morpheus, but he could work just as well as a Military leader

That's all I can think of currently, when I think of more I'll post 'em.

“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

"The only reason for being a professional writer is that you can't help it."

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

www.shallowbay.com Best. Band. Ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006 11:45 
Corporal
Corporal

Yes I know ... in the spreadsheet I list the names and noted that Bots have only one name ... Node 01 (from memory) and the Enclave seem to have the default names for America like Patton.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006 15:36 
Corporal
Corporal

Quote:
Yes I know ... in the spreadsheet I list the names and noted that Bots have only one name ... Node 01 (from memory) and the Enclave seem to have the default names for America like Patton.

...So Werner, are you considering more and or new names?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2006 02:13 
Corporal
Corporal

I think the concept of the Bots having multi identities are no necessarily the way ... but as I am not familiar with the game I may be incorrect ... But my thoughts is that the Bots are connected and have only the Leader who is possibly more the front face of the civ due to humans not being able to comprehend an AI who has developed awareness. In fact maybe that could be a tech option which allows interaction with the other civs ie. allowing embassies and trade options.

So if this concept fits the Fallout world, I'm thinking that instead of a leader persay ... the Bots would just have developed a program that has produced unexpected and outstanding results and therefore only one name is required ... or two if another is wanted to differentiate between the Military and Science leaders ... maybe call is a Primary Meme or an Omega Protocol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2006 02:58 
Corporal
Corporal

Werner, I like how you are thinking Mate....your Idea rather reminds me of something like the "Borg" in Star Trek, sort of a Collective Consciousness. Still the "Leader" could be shown as a BOT that represents "the Program" if not the "Program" itself. Have to hear what our Fearless Leader has to say because I am not familier enough yet either. I do like your Idea though. :AH

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2006 08:30 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

The Bots in the game work well as a group regularly, but are much more effectively led when near a Pacification Bot, a larger four-legged machine, with a stronger bite. In the first Bot mission in Tactics a survivor relates the robots to ants, talking about how ants are so orderly and effecient until you kill the queen, and that when the robots showed up in town they moved with ant-like efficiency, but lately they've been acting like "someone stole their queen". You find out later a cieling collapsed on the Pacification Bot, causing the chaos in their ranks. It's been a while since I played as the Robots, so I don't know if Pac bots are included in the regular units. Are they Thor?

“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2006 09:13 

Rob, yeah the pac bots will be in.

Werner and Greg, I have renamed the bot leader, and it will be seen as Mainframe, Node 001.

As for leaders, even networks have dedicated nodes and gateways for doing specialized tasks. Leaders would just be a reflection of that same principle.

So for example a bot mil leader could be named; node 003; Human Pacification Protocol. :bs

Thoughts?

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2006 10:15 
Corporal
Corporal

Hmmm ... very interesting

Damn I gotta get a copy of them thar games methinks :gl

Thanks Thor and BOS for filling in the mythos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2006 10:16 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Sounds fine.

NCR Military Leaders:
Seth
Karl
Dumont
Ian (Better to disband this one when you see him. You don't want him accidentally mowing down your own armies)

Scientific Leaders:
Dorothy
Razlo

Enclave Military Leaders
Horrigan
Sergeant Granite

Enclave Scientific Leaders
Dr. Schreber
Dr. Curling

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2006 14:49 
Corporal
Corporal

Quote:
Ian (Better to disband this one when you see him. You don't want him accidentally mowing down your own armies)
...Rob, How so?

Quote:
Werner and Greg, I have renamed the bot leader, and it will be seen as Mainframe, Node 001.

As for leaders, even networks have dedicated nodes and gateways for doing specialized tasks. Leaders would just be a reflection of that same principle.

So for example a bot mil leader could be named; node 003; Human Pacification Protocol.
...Ken, sounds great. Will the"Human Pacification Protocol" be a part of the name? IF so that would be too long wouldn't it?

By The Way...what is the best or most fun Civ to play in your opinion and why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2006 15:35 

Greg, in FO1 Ian was the first NPC you were able to recruit for your party. BUT he was a mixed bag, for you see he had a nickname, The backshooter. Not because he was disloyal, he was just that much of a piss poor shot! :bs And he had the irritating habit of walking behind you before using his SMG to shoot the bad guys on the other side of you! :ad

I always play Emperor level and raging barbs if possible. I like a challenge. I love to build my civ, but I don't think it is any fun doing that in a nice and quiet environment. Give me THE HOWLING WILDERNESS BABY!!!!!!

I don't win much, but I have a damn fun time. :tu To me the fun is overcoming those heavy challenges that a lot of folks avoid.

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next