The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 12:53

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 09:55 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Man I am embarrassed! I put the Rad symbol upside down! :AE

Werner, glad you chat with a nuc tech. I did not remember the Rem thresholds when I suggested that for you. Great job my friend. I am interested in seeing the threshold numbers. :br

As for the organization of jobs, Greg and I were beginning to discuss that and I had asked him to be the gfx coordinator. :bs Glad to see we are on the same wavelength Werner.

And if you wish to mess with the txt files and tech tree issues be my guest. It will allow me the time to get the units and other things added and tested in game before issuing the updates.

BTW, if Greg will get me the updated irrigation and resources files he teased me with the other day, there will be a new update. :bs

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 10:23 
Corporal
Corporal

I now see the need for those canine units ... damn those Vaulters and their invisible units :AM

Although I still think the Kennles will spawn too many ... maybe if there are wolves within the city as a pre-requisite??

Don't know ... will continue with game ... Bots have been wiped by Vaulters and I have kept the Reno Mobs around for fun ... but am massing Deathclaws to attack :twisted:

Damn those PopUps Turrets look cool and are dangerous ... it's going to be a blood fest :bl

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 10:46 

LOL, yup I told you there was a reason for the lil doggies. :bs As only PA and select certain units can see invisible units.

And I have changed the output rate to one per 25 turns. And will need you and BOS to test when the new update comes out.

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 12:40 
Corporal
Corporal

Just took New Reno ... Family is RIP

Those PopUp Turrets are awsome ... can they pollute or even better, cause harm to attacking units when they explode? ... that would add to the fact that the knowledge to build them has been lost and requires relearning :bs

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 12:52 

FE unfortunately no, it is not flagged as a nuke, but is a though. HMMM? :twisted:

GREAT NEWS! Flamand has decided to join the Mod team! Folks give the gent a welcome Fallout style! :r Two rifles up!!! :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 12:59 
Corporal
Corporal

Excellent addition to the ranks :ac

I think I will soon have no reason to whine about not being able to see things clearly ... hmmmm ... that's ok I can always find other things to whinge about like what version of English the mod should be written in :bl

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 13:07 

It will be written in Yankee English, otherwise I could not read it. :w

I mean, sheesh, calling a flashlight a torch. :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 15:34 
Corporal
Corporal

Thanks guys.. ;)

I think it should be in a post-apocalyptic fantasy language, based on a combination of english, spanish and chinese since those are the languages most spoken at the West Coast... :bs

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 15:39 

Ok, Flamand you get to write it and then make the book length readme on it. :w :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 17:24 
Corporal
Corporal

Welcome Aboard Jos (Flamand) :bs You have already made some Good contributions to Fall Out and I understand from Ken that you will be remaking the Graphics Interface...Great! Looking forward to seeing that completed so the Same Over All Look and Feel will be throughout the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 17:33 

Greg, I posted the first interface test in the screenies thread in the main forums, check it out.

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 18:01 
Corporal
Corporal

Quote:
Greg, I posted the first interface test in the screenies thread in the main forums, check it out.

Just saw the ScreenShot...
Excellent! I like it... :br Flammand IF you can manage that Interface look throughout, it will Really Be Great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 23:15 

Gents, I am happy to report I finally got the intro to FO1 converted to civ 3 format! So now that is going to be the movie that plays when you open conquests. :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2006 09:38 
Corporal
Corporal

Excellent work Fearless Leader...I Think you are a very Valued member of the Team and we shall keep you :gl

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2006 10:31 

Why thank you for that comment my minion, and I will try and live up to your expectations. :w :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006 03:46 
Corporal
Corporal

Similar Looking Graphics

Just thinking that Mines, Goody Huts, Barbarian (Critter) Camps and Colonies all look similar.

While Mines and Colonies sort of work logically.

Is it possible to give the Goody Huts and Barb Camps their own more distinctive look.

Greg developed a Sewer Rat which was a manhole cover sort of thing ... a small private bunker?

Just wondering if there were a number of smaller fallout bunkers scattered around ... most would be abandoned, some contain tech or map information or cash ... while some would have been converted into lairs for the critters (and were probably a food source for them initially) ... and the rare one would still house scared survivors who are only too willing to join a more organised group.

Perhaps Barbarian nests could also be like this or a different look?

Armies
Personally I don't like that Armies are a possible outcome from a goody popping ... happens too early ... would prefer a unit instead.

Can the outcome be determined by the civ type of the popper? ... if so that would be good as I don't see the Bots utilizing human 'slaves or mercenaries' in their civ ... they are xenophobic after all :w

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006 09:58 

Werner, not being a gfx dude I am limited to what folks have provided. The gfx you see are what was made BEFORE folks began to bail on me. :w As I had wanted differing gfx for exactly what you were mentioning, Greg and I have discussed this and after he finishes the crawling brain is going to help in that dept. :bs

As for what comes out of the goody huts, that is determined by the civ AI and nothing we can do to change that. But expansionist civs do tend to get better things than non-expansionist civs.

Armies Q answered in other post. :AH

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006 15:50 
Corporal
Corporal

Quote:
Werner, not being a gfx dude I am limited to what folks have provided. The gfx you see are what was made BEFORE folks began to bail on me. As I had wanted differing gfx for exactly what you were mentioning, Greg and I have discussed this and after he finishes the crawling brain is going to help in that dept.

As for what comes out of the goody huts, that is determined by the civ AI and nothing we can do to change that. But expansionist civs do tend to get better things than non-expansionist civs.

Yes Werner, Ken and I discussed some Graphics changes and additions such as the ones you have noticed.
...as for the "Armies" popping out of Goody Huts...are these Armies or merely many units? I have never seen an Army pop out of a Good Hut, only units that are set as a Barbarian unit in the Editor and yes, many of them can pop out but Not an actual Army in the Early Game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2006 02:00 
Corporal
Corporal

Greg is it possible to summarise the discussion that you and Ken have been having ... LOL I feel tuned on the correct wavelength but out of phase :gl

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2006 03:30 
Corporal
Corporal

Werner, I don't believe you are missing anything Mate...Ken and I merely discussed possibilities for Map Graphics and the need to correct all things to have the Game be really Great when complete. The type of Graphics are concerned with, Resources ( both improved old ones and new ones), New Goody Huts and possibly some preplaced structures such as Good Huts along with other structures that have animated Units that would fight if "disturbed". These types of structures would only vanish when the Defending Unit Dies. We spoke about having New or "Special Resources" placed under such structures so they would only be revealed when the defending unit was dead and the structure vanishes. Many Possibilities for this, even if only one type on the map. We talked a little about other units but since there is so much to be corrected and improved as it is...we focused more on getting to know one another and gain some insight as to where we go from here now. Getting organized and starting to improve what I see here and there...like I just corrected the sounds and units_32 files for the Scout Dog and the Early Power Armor Unit. Adjusted some Flcs as well for the PA unit. I have been very busy and now would like to focus on that Crawling Brain so I can get it completed. I then plan on looking into Resources and other corrections as I will have the time to focus more on other areas. I dislike being "scattered" and work better focused on one thing at a time. That way when finished, it is finished and on to the next area. IF we only do a few things here and there, it will stay confusing as to what is complete and what needs correcting or improvements.
...Other than the above Werner...Ken is Very Glad to have some More Good Help for his MOD and we are simply doing the "Chores" at hand now and will continue after these are finished. Ken is working on the buildings entries corrections so they will not crash when right clicked.
IF you are making a list concerning sounds for units...check OFF Scout Dog and Early Power Armor. Since you are Game testing, I know you will see the units, however, because that is slow and you would not be able to test all units in all situations, a "test.biq" is needed to check all units in all flcs so we have a list to work from. This is a major thing and will take some time to adjust all well so having alist to work from in the first place will provide a way to check the corrected units off as they are finished. Assumptions and "Hit and Miss" approach will take too long and not necessarily have all corrected. My "Vote" is to correct what is here now in all ways then as things are added, make absolutly sure each thing is working and the way it is wanted in the game. This will prevent having to constantly go back over every aspect of the game. Lets get it corrected and then Keep it that way as we work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2006 09:21 

Greg, I agree. That is why I wanted to get all things straight before adding any new content. Werner, welcome to the boring part of playtesting, the do over and over and over, till it is right. :ad

Only new thing added besides updated flcs and gfx was the Cyclotron, Had to add that. :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2006 13:29 

I AM ONE HAPPY MODMAKER!!!!!!! :bl

I added all the barb camps I had taken out before and set the barbs to raging, and lo and behold the civs ACTUALLY sent out the units I wanted them to to go bughunting! Also the barbs are attacking ANYTHING that comes in sight! :r

It was 2088 before I could even send out my Workers!!! So many barbs to fight off and kill!! THE HOWLING WASTELANDS ARE BACK BABY!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :adv

It took my finding the properties tab and finding out you CAN set the AI strategy for the initial units. After setting the ones to what I wanted them to do the civs began to send them out on bughunting missions.

Man am I happy. The difficulty just shot back up to where I wanted it at.

You boys are GONNA love the new update. :twisted: :r

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2006 14:24 
Corporal
Corporal

Excellent !!! :bs

Sounds a scary place to exist in ... and so it should :w

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2006 14:37 
Corporal
Corporal

Ken...yes, you can set the 1st "main" Barbarian Unit and the 2nd Unit as well as the Ocean Unit. I use the Squid for the Ocean unit set at high attack and defense and very high Hit points because they constantly swim and so do not heal. This allows them to survive longer even after the world is populated and the Barbs are gone. The 2nd Barbarian Unit is the One that the AI sends out in Raging Hordes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2006 14:46 

Yup, that was the idea, the Radscorp is the basic barb, and the Deathclaw is the Advanced barb. I had wanted a critter for a naval barb but had noticed the squid was missin stuff from it's unit so I went with the partol boat. But now that you have sent me a fixed squid I can add that as the naval barb. :bs

And I have noticed that on raging you have at least three Barb uprisings and each barb camp spits out 25 advanced barbs. :twisted: Expect a LONG and HARD fight boys, NOTHING should come easy in the wastes. :twisted:

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next