The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 03:20

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 24 May 2005 16:46 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

This is the thread for discussing improvements and additions you would like to see in the mod.

Post subject: Re: Discussion Thread
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2005 14:06 
Private

Thorgrimm wrote:
This is the thread for discussing improvements and additions you would like to see in the mod.

Ok, I'm new here, seen your mode in the Net and was impressed. How can I help? :bs

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2005 14:25 

Flame, glad to see you here dude. :bs You have been added to the group, as has Prof and T-Man. :AH

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2005 21:16 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Hey Thor, I got Civ3 for Christmas and I'd be happy to help :bs

“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

"The only reason for being a professional writer is that you can't help it."

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

www.shallowbay.com Best. Band. Ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2005 13:45 

BOS, did that include the Conquests expansion?

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2005 13:52 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

"3CD Box Set Includes Civilization III, Play the World, And Conquests"

So I'm guessing yes :AH

EDIT: Having big problems trying to start it up, the menus are all discombobulated and when I try to run it anyway it kicks me out of the game, saying it can't find some music folder. Redownloading.

“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2006 10:53 

One small update. I have finally gotten the larger map converted. The new map is 234 x 214. Now there is plenty of room for the slaver raiders and critters. :AH

With the new map some of the critical things that have been changed is that desert and mountains are now uncolonizable. also to make the civie transports more usefull only Powered Armor and workers can enter mountains.

Now only the slaver and raiders get the raider scout, It's place will be taken by two new units, The Corvega and the Highwayman.

Now a word or two on the new civs.

Slavers. Their cities will be quite numerous and the cost of their units will be quite small. This is to entice the AI to pump out the units by the bucketfull. The slavers are going to be based on that premise alone. When a slaver unit enslaves it clones a copy of itself. So if you happen to lose a large group of workers to a slaver, it could get painfull if a lot of them are enslaved. :w

Raiders. The statement about unit cost and cities for the slavers also applies to the Raiders.
The Raiders will get units that are progressively better at attacking. Some of their better units will get the stealth attack ability. Most raider units will have the all terrain as roads ability, to show their familiarity with the land. If not taken care of Raider attacks will eventually become very dangerous and you may eventually begin to lose cities. :twisted:

Critters. Simply a civ of critters that get tougher as time goes on. Eventually topping out with the mighty Deathclaw and friends like the fire Gecko.:nuke: :ac

None of these new civs will get settlers, but that does not prevent them from capturing your villes. So take care and give a thought about your defenses. As now there are quite a few new different threats to your civilization. :twisted:

:nuke: Cheers Senior Elder Thorgrimm :nuke:

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2006 19:11 
Private

How much thought and/or effort has been put into scenarios?

There are some fun ones that could be created. BOS verses the Enclave, Redo Tactics (without the crap), or maybe even create a map and do one with the four families of New Reno.

All just some thoughts

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2006 19:21 

Hazard, welcome to F:RoC, as for scens none have been thought about. We are trying to get the basic mod up and running. Then we can discuss scenarios for a possible scen pack for the mod. :AH

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 23:17 

Folks, I am happy to report I finally got the intro to FO1 converted to civ 3 format! So now that is going to be the movie that plays when you open conquests. :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2006 06:52 
Corporal
Corporal

:bs Yeah Baby ... ooops I mean Senior Sargent Sir !!!

BTW any chance of getting a commisioned rank ... or even Warrent Officer :ad

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2006 10:24 

Keeping posting and ye shall recieve. :w

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2006 11:35 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Oh sweet! "Maybe"! That's great! Maybe I should stop using so many exclamation points! But they're so fun! Anyhoo, that's gunna be cool having that play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2006 15:34 
Private

hello every one.
its me from CivFanatics :AH
i've never played any FallOut games, only the demo of Tactics, but being a huge fan of scifi i really anticipate this mod.
i wouold just like to find out if there are any mech/tank units needed. i can do basic units, and robotic ones are easier than organic, but i am willing to try anything :bl
i can also do most/all pcx files and am here for general ideas too, if they be needed.

slán,
~Q

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2006 02:20 
Corporal
Corporal

Hi Quinzy :ac

Glad you made it through security LOL

We all have different chat programs ... I'm on AIM (fe3333au) and so is BOS13.

Thorgrimm and Vuldacon are on other instant messaging programs.

So if you want to chat just mention a time and place.

I suggest you visit the Unit section where all that discussion is taking place.

Welcome to the party :w

btw ... all testing discussion occurs in the F:RoC Testers subforum this is the public section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 May 2006 10:01 
Private

Another new guy here... Hello!

I don't have much to offer other then my imagination and experience with RPG, (PnP and games), both Fallout and Fallout 2.. (didnt like Tactics but played some of it) and afcourse lots and lots of Civ3 playing experience.

I hope I can be of some assistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 May 2006 11:29 

Lord Victor, glad to see you made it. :bs Just read what we have and if you have ANY suggestions feel free to shout them out. ALL suggestions are welcomed. :AH

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 May 2006 15:57 
Private

Yeah, I followed the link you sent me :w

The link on the CivFanatics forums was outdated, but I see that you have fixed that :bs

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 May 2006 19:47 
Private

Moved from Screenshots.

I was thinking when I was looking at teh screenshots. Aint the names for the cities too few? for those that don't rename the cities when you have reached the circle.

Like the Ghouls have what? Necropolis only?

What about adding some names to the pool. Its easier on some of the other faction.

Ghouls
-Necropolis as capital
-(Reactor 12?)
-Green city (more of a joke)
-Hel (world of the dead in norse mythology)
-Muspell (The "demon" world in norse m.)
-Underworld (The nice name for "hell")
-Styx (The river that the dead have to sail over greek m.)
-Hades (a bit off maybe)
-Ghost town
-Deadlands

The Vaulters
-They "can" name there cities with "Vault <insert number>" or they could have some alternitives.
-Vault Mountain/hills
-Vault Port
-Vault Town
-Vault Ridge
or something brand new like
-Super City
-New Start
-New Eden (or just Eden for that part)
-Genisis

The Mutants? (just some Ideas)
-Dead End (Or would that be better off as raider town?)
-Survivor city
-Mutant Mountains (not realy a city name..)
-The New Green
-Razor Edge (:P)
-Blast City
-Crater

The Humans (NCR etc..) can just add some of the current city names.
-San Diego
and then some new stuff
-Gallows Hill (I think im stealing that one from some book?)
-Desert Spring
-Oasis
-Pit Stop
-Ground Zero
-Atom
-Nuke Port
-Geiger
-Wasteland
-Toxic City (yeah I know, SoaD)
-Oil Spill (actualy from CoV)

this is just something that popped up in my head when I was looking at cool screenshots and most defenetly need some improving.

-Let the Wasteland take you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 May 2006 11:04 
Private

any comments on that Thorgrimm (þorgrímur?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 May 2006 14:35 
Corporal
Corporal

No idea where Thor has been these few days, but I think you have some great names there... :w

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2006 14:50 

Folks, I apologise for my extended abscence, but lets just say I am believing even more the old saying, a good deed never goes unpunished. :cry

I do not wish to get into details as they are still too painful, but lets just say that I am currently living in the garage of my brother's girlfriend and just got the net connection re-attached today. Give me some time to get back on the horse and continue with the mod.

I am sorry I could not inform you all earlier, but I really had no chance till today.

Thorgrimm

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2006 23:34 
Private

Hello. So as Thorgrimm sent me here, I will write a question which interest me, and on which did not
answered:
1.What wold you do with supermutants from Fallout 1 and 2. In screens I saw supermutants only from Fallout Tactics.
2.In Unity was not only supermutants. There was a Children of Cathedral too.Will you add units, that are Children of Cathedral
3.In tech tree I saw EMP-tech. how you do, that EMP weapons will do more damage to bots?
4.Why you forgot impulse and gauss weapons (in techtree I dont saw this)?
5.I see here model Corvega, that maked from ruined car in FO2. Can developers make units from ruine technic like helicopter in FT?
6.And can you do terrain named low radiationed and hi radiationed where all units expect some will die?
7.I must put all my ideas, which I wrote on Civilization Fanatics or not
8.Can i take part in beta testing? :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2006 00:23 

Welcome to the World of the Gunny (O)ndatra. :AH

1. the muties from the RPGs only have six directions, and civ requires 8. Only FO:T has eight directions.

2. Yes when I get to the part of adding Wonders, the Wonder Cathedral of the Apocalypse will produce a basic ghoul for the muties every so often.

3. Unfortunately in civ there is no way to show that.

4. Not forgotten, just not added yet. Remember the tech tree is very prelimanary, and sibject to massive changes.

5. No, most units based on tech from before the war will only come from wonders, to show their extreme rarity.

6. There is a special terrain that is added called wastelands that cause death from being too near it. Units are unaffected by this terrain, although the Enviro Armor can get you across it a lot faster.

7. I would prefer your idea here, as I said on CFC, I am here everyday. :bs

8. Continue to post and eventually you will be added. :AH We need to see who is going to hang around to help and who is just here to DL the mod and never show up again.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2006 08:10 
Private

Pokes Thorgrimm!

since you are here everyday (like me waiting for some answers :AE )

can you put smoe little comment on my city names idea?