The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 19 Mar 2024 04:45

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2006 18:23 
Corporal
Corporal

so what CIV do you play most then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2006 19:11 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Never play vanilla civ anymore, always play mods. :bs

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2006 01:56 
Corporal
Corporal

Ummm ... I think oh great leader that Greg wants to know which Fallout Civ you prefer to play and why :gl

Greg I have only played The Enclave ... but am looking forward to playing The Vaulters, New Reno Mobs, Bots and Muties ... just cos they sound intriging in this strange new world. :w

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2006 03:53 
Corporal
Corporal

Right you are Werner OLE astute one :gl I think all look good at this point but Have not played yet due to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2006 08:39 

LOL, sorry dude, I prefer the Bots Muties, or the Enclve the best, in this mod my aggressive instincts come out, and I just love using the Bot, Mutie, or Enclave big toys. :twisted:

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2006 12:26 
Corporal
Corporal

Ken, that seems to makes sense for top selections to play with the "Big Toys" :bs
...is there a spreadsheet list of available units for each Fall Out CIV?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2006 13:01 

Greg, I sent it to you already, remember? :w :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2006 15:17 
Corporal
Corporal

yes, I have that list but it is not up to date with units or names.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 06:51 
Corporal
Corporal

If you want I can start working on a template to be used for the Tech Tree

It would show the update chains through the eras.

I'm thinking that every technology would have a benefit.
> new resource
> city building
> new worker action
> Small Wonder (specific to the the type of Civ)
> Large Wonder
> new Units
> Unit abilities - movement, sight, stealth, invisiblilty, see invisible, etc
> Diplomacy and Espionage options
> Government options
> Civ Trait multipliers
... have I forgotten any?

Every Civ would have an automatic pre-Tech which assists in defining their individual tech path options.

I am not sure if all Humans need to be defined with an encompassing pre-Tech since they are the default in the game. The more outre' of civis are already addressed with their own individualising pre-Tech.

I really like Thor's idea that much knowledge has to be rediscovered ... perhaps the Vault would have many of these but due to conditions changing will have to adapt their knowlege to fit the new world.

Also I like Thor's idea of having distinctive research paths with clear outcomes.

ie. There would be a set path to achieve the following for all (most) Civs ...

Standard Armor Path
Standard Weapon Path
Wheeled Vehicle Path
City Growth and Improvement Path
Flight Path
Naval Path
+Food Path
+Shield Path
+Cash Path
+Research Path
Relearning and Adaption of old tech path
Slavery and Sacrifice

Other Benefits could happen as an unexpected biproduct.
Worker Actions, Water tile Harvesting, Trade and Diplomacy options.

Then there would also be paths specific to the various Civs
Mobs with their Jet and other narcotics.

Maybe Civs would reach certain points in the Tech Tree by differing routes or jump certain points.

I'm also wondering if arrows are needed.

Question ... is it possible for a civ to be tweeked so that it gains different values for terrain?
... I ask this because maybe Muties may have adapted to get more food from tiles and have no need to farm?
... Also would a Critter civ irrigate, would they chop down trees?

There is also room for more Resouces in the game ... I really like having some run out which gives the need to search for other sources.

Regarding Resources ... it may be cool if certain civs have a specific resouce which is unknown or unusable to all others, a resouce which only they can see and utilise.

Just Thoughts ... :AH

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 07:26 
Corporal
Corporal

Quote:
Question ... is it possible for a civ to be tweeked so that it gains different values for terrain?
...In short, No. Unfortunitely, the editor settings for this type is "across the board' and affects all CIV's and there are many such settings that affect all and cannot be separated...Pity because having more control of specifics such as this would allow a far greater latitude in "adjusting" games more like we want.

...as for the Critters...same thing concerning the editor settings, however, the workers could be set differently but then they would not benefit from their workers for the things that the game requires to gain what is needed to survive or grow. Workers Irrigate to gain food and because the game uses Food as a necessity, BOT or not, the workers irrigate. Probably the easiest way to understand is to think of the CIV Game and remember that the units are Living, Not BOTs and the actions for the game are hard coded for that.

Quote:
Regarding Resources ... it may be cool if certain civs have a specific resouce which is unknown or unusable to all others, a resource which only they can see and utilise.
...this has been done and can work well but resources cannot be made invisible to all others...in fact, we cannot make a resource invisible at all except to hide it under a preplaced structure as I mentioned on a previous post. What happens IF a resource is only usable to build something by one or just a few other CIV's? Well, the others that cannot use the resource to build anything can still benefit from the Shields and or Commerce generated by the Resource And they can Trade it to the CIV's that want and need it to be able to build the thing that only they can build with the resource...so yes, that can work just fine. Good Idea to really think about the percentage of appearance on the map and best to keep it a very small appearance ratio...then things get exciting lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 07:59 
Corporal
Corporal

Greg I have spreadsheeted all of the latest .biq

Do you want me to send the specific workbook (separate page in the Excel document) that has the Unit info ?

I recall that you had problems reading Excel ... maybe I could convert it to something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 08:04 
Corporal
Corporal

Quote:
Greg I have spreadsheeted all of the latest .biq

Do you want me to send the specific workbook (separate page in the Excel document) it to you?

I recall that you had problems reading Excel ... maybe I could convert it to something?
...No, I can read it, send it. You have been busy..what no Easter Eggs? :gl

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 08:28 

And Werner, may I enquire why you are NOT sending that spreadsheet my way? You two intend to pull a 'palace coup'? :w

Concerning Resources, if you look at the green goo resource you will note it gives nothing in the way of food, shields or trade. And it is only for the muties and ghouls to build their UU units. :bs

So yes I have been using that lil trick. :bl

Concerning the base Humans in the mod, yes they need civ specific techs to, as they are all quite radicaly different from each other in terms of units and such.

I like your layout of items for the tech tree my friend, keep up the damn good work.

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 08:43 
Corporal
Corporal

See Werner, The Green Goo has no shields, food or commerce benefits so just a resource for the muties and ghouls to build their UU units but resources can be set with shields and commerce or food so other CIV's that cannot use them otherwise can get some benefit.....all a matter of what is desired...and sometimes, just a resource specifically for one CIV and NO benefits for anyone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 08:51 
Corporal
Corporal

Quote:
And Werner, may I enquire why you are NOT sending that spreadsheet my way? You two intend to pull a 'palace coup'?
...Ken, remember, just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean that they are not out to get you" :bl

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 08:53 

LMAO! Thanks Greg, I needed a good belly laugh! :bl

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 08:58 
Corporal
Corporal

Ken I just checked ... I did send you the document titled Spreadsheet of Fallout via e-mail on 11th April.

I can send again if required :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 09:04 
Corporal
Corporal

Quote:
Ken I just checked ... I did send you the document titled Spreadsheet of Fallout via e-mail on 11th April.

I can send again if required
...see Ken, Hell...I am the one who is "Spaced Out" and tired lol.

Quote:
LMAO! Thanks Greg, I needed a good belly laugh!
...AHAHAHAAAAAA......yes, insane isn't it? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 09:08 

Werner, the spreadsheet I recieved had no units in it. Maybe you sent me the wrong version? :AC

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 09:30 
Corporal
Corporal

Just to check ...

Excel can contain many spreadsheets, they are called worksheets ... You will notice that there are tabs running along the bottom of the screen ... each tab is labeled ... if you click on a tab opens a new worksheet.
To view more worksheets use the arrows which are also found on the bottom ... click through the tabs you will find one labeled Units .... as mentioned I have transcribed every section of the .biq into this master document and will be updating it with every patch. :bs

If the Excel lesson was not required ... I will resend :AH

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 09:33 

LOL, dude no offense but I can read a spreadsheet and its differing tabs at the bottom. :AH

Here are the subjects listed on the version I have,

Combat Experience, Culture, Difficulty Levels, Diplomats and Spies, Eras, and Flavors. Nothing else is on that spreadsheet. :AH

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 09:41 
Corporal
Corporal

Sent Again :AH

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 09:49 

And recieved. Thanks Werner. :AH

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 10:36 
Corporal
Corporal

Wow..communication...so nice when "a Plan comes together" lol.

Hope you guys have a Good Easter and relax a bit. Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2006 10:44 

Greg, you gotta remember for the land down under, it is already Monday. :w But to us it is still Easter Sunday. So you missed sending Werner his happy Easter greetings, that is if Werner is christian and if not I apologise for offending. :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next