The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 12:37

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Reguarding Windows Sound Recorder
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2006 16:34 
Corporal
Corporal

All computer versions of Microsoft have the Sound Recorder, even Windows 95. They are accessed in a slightly different way. Windows 95 by clicking on Start / Programs / Accessories / Multimedia and clicking on Sound Recorder. Sound Recorder is accessed in Windows 98 and above by clicking on Start / Programs / Accessories / Entertainment and clicking on Sound Recorder.
IF you do not see the Windows Sound Recorder in your Computer...you can install it.
IF you are trying to play a sound and get the following error message: "Sound Recorder cannot record or play back because a sound device is not installed."
Click on Start / Run and type system.ini, to access system note pad. In the [boot] section type drivers=MMSYSTEM.DLL
If MMSYSTEM.DLL is already there but has a semicolon (;) in front of it, remove the semicolon; or if MMSYSTEM.DLL is there but has something else written beside it, put a space after what is being loaded and then add MMSYSTEM.DLL.

SOUND RECORDER SETUP
here is how to install, uninstall and reinstall Sound Recorder.
Click Start / Settings / Control Panel, double-click on Add Remove Programs icon
Click the Windows Setup tab
Highlight Multimedia, click the details button.
Once within Multimedia:
* Check the box for Sound Recorder, click ok, and then apply to install.
* Uncheck the box, click ok, and then apply to uninstall.
* Uncheck the box, click ok, and then apply; go back in and recheck the box, click ok and then apply to reinstall.
Windows Sound Recorder only records 60 seconds max because it uses a low compression ratio for Good Sound Quality so the files are large. If you want to record more than 60 seconfds you can record silence or "dead air" and when it stops after 60 seconds, press Record again...repeat this until you have the amount of time you need and then rewind to the start and then record your longer sound.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2006 16:47 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Greg I wish that I could, but no cabs files installed on my dinosaur comp. :AM

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2006 18:12 
Corporal
Corporal

Ken...are those Game sounds in .pak format? many games use this and if so, I can extract, reformat and use them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2006 18:46 

Greg I wish I knew. Rick was the one who got the sounds or I just pulled them out of other units if possible.

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2006 20:27 
Corporal
Corporal

I meant the sounds from your Mutant Alien game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2006 21:08 

Answered in chat.

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 10:32 
Corporal
Corporal

Irksome thing

Not sure if fixable ... but due to the dark nature of the graphics, I have founded a couple of cities on polluted sites.

I have workers on automatic pollution control and they are always drawn to these cities and then just sit there awaiting further orders :AM

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 10:42 

Werner, Sorry ole buddy but that is civ for ya. In a regular game if you put a city on pollution, same thing will occur. Greg is working on an updated craters pcx which add in lil spots of green goo to make it stand out. :bs

Oh, also sending workers out by themselves can get a wee bit dangerous. :w

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 17:32 
Corporal
Corporal

Ken, Take a Look at the Pollution File I sent you and let me know the changes you want. It uses the same pollution you have now but with added "yuk" color and Skulls on posts. BTW, I noticed that Both the polution.pcx and the creaters.pcx use the same Graphics...I assume this is intentional but just checking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 17:35 

Greg, yeah it was intentional, as I dislike that orange pollution, INTENSELY! :AM

And will look at the new pollution ASAP. Give me 10. :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 17:43 
Corporal
Corporal

yes, just the plain Orange Pollution was not good...but pollution is suppose to look Bad :gl

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 17:59 

Greg, I posted a screenie in the screenies thread and I don't think that orangish pollution is good for the mod, can you make it more of that brown and some green goo color in it? :ove the skulls in the stuff though. :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 18:10 
Corporal
Corporal

Quote:
Greg, I posted a screenie in the screenies thread and I don't think that orangish pollution is good for the mod, can you make it more of that brown and some green goo color in it? :ove the skulls in the stuff though.

Yes, I agree, really just sent you that Pollution to show a difference. I already assummed that the Orange would overpower and not be the thing to use in Fall Out. I will adjust it to something more fitting with the Green Goo Color you want.
Two questions:
1. Do you want the skulls and pollution as they are or changed in some way?
2. Do you have any picture that shows the general Green Goo Color or look you want more exactly. I think I "see" what you want but always helps to be sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 18:16 

Greg,

1. KEEP THE SKULLS!!! :bs Use your own judgement on shape of the pollution.

2. There is a green goo resource in the resources pcx. Make the green just a wee bit more bright than that. As we all know rads make you glow in the night. :w :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2006 18:23 
Corporal
Corporal

Quote:
Greg,

1. KEEP THE SKULLS!!! Use your own judgement on shape of the pollution.

2. There is a green goo resource in the resources pcx. Make the green just a wee bit more bright than that. As we all know rads make you glow in the night.

Roger That...will do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2006 06:35 
Corporal
Corporal

Not really a bug as such ... However, when testing the Ghoul tech tree ... I noticed that a Goody Hut has been placed within the city border and therefore is automatically popped on starting the game :fr

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2006 08:36 

Werner, in the BIQ you should be using, there is no goody hut. When I moved Necropolis north of the Salton Sea, the hut was left behind. If you are using a BIQ with Necropolis south of the Salton sea, take a screenie to let me know, as that BIQ is way out of date.

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2006 08:48 
Corporal
Corporal

That's Curious I thought I had made a copy of the Fallout Bak Patch.biq

Here it is after the pop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2006 08:52 

Ah ok, located and removed. Good catch my friend. :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2006 12:45 

I recieved flamand's outstanding interface but I am running into this problem, and it does not affect his game, any ideas what is wrong? :fr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2006 21:22 
Corporal
Corporal

The New Interface looks Great and Jos is doing a Great job. The color problem concerning the Console Buttons in the above image was due to the "Button Alpha.pcx" and "NextTurnStatesAlpha.pcx" files. Although these files seem to be handled ok with XP systems, earlier systems will have problems. These Files do not need Magenta or Green in the palette as most other game files do. Instead, the same game Alpha palettes of these files should be applied to the new images than all ok for everyone.

....Ken discovered the file problem after we "enjoyed" a long discussion, trouble shooting the cause. Ken has the Corrected files and will be uploading this part of the new interface with the next Update soon.
...Again, all is Good and Jos has put out some really good efforts for all to enjoy. Can't wait to see the total interface completed, this will really make a difference in the look and feel of the game. :bs

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2006 23:05 

Greg is being polite, we had a hell of a problem tracking it down, and I MEAN WE Greg, :w :bs We both tracked it down, and had a hard time doing it. :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 00:10 
Corporal
Corporal

I love it man ... well done :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 00:51 
Corporal
Corporal

Vuldacon wrote:
The color problem concerning the Console Buttons in the above image was due to the "Button Alpha.pcx" and "NextTurnStatesAlpha.pcx" files. Although these files seem to be handled ok with XP systems, earlier systems will have problems. These Files do not need Magenta or Green in the palette as most other game files do. Instead, the same game Alpha palettes of these files should be applied to the new images than all ok for everyone.

I knew it must have been something very stupid... :w Thanks for finding it... :bs

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 04:51 
Corporal
Corporal

I noticed that when a Entity flamer unit attacking a Vaulter city

A very thin framed black lined square appeared on the screen ... diameter approx that of the initial city zone of control.

[s]I tried to repeat the process but could not[/s] ... anyone seen this before?

Found It !!!

Also ... minor graphics issue ... the Broc Flower on a bright green farm can look like pollution due to the root structure of the resource graphic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next