The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 13:48

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 10:04 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Werner, yeah that is a problem with the Mutie flamer that I have no idea why it occurs, maybe our resident unit guru Greg can find out what is happening.

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 10:13 
Corporal
Corporal

yes, the line is from the animation getting colored inside the frame. Probably who ever made this unit did not see that their frame line was colored on the inside with a shade not visible unless in alpha.pal view. This line would also be seen if viewing that unit in Flicster. This can be corrected by generating a new storyboard and removing the line, then generating a new flc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 10:17 

Ah, ok, thanks my friend for that info, so lots o work it seems. :fr

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 11:21 
Corporal
Corporal

I am E-Mailing you the Corrected Mutant Flamethrower Attack Flc and new units_32.pcx now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2006 11:52 

Greg, GREAT! Thanks my friend. :tu

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2006 02:47 
Corporal
Corporal

I have a Load Error ... and therefore cannot play :cry

ERROR READING FILE

Missing Entry in "Scenarios\Fallout\Text\PediaIcons.txt": ANIMNAME_PRTO_Cycltron

:AM :AM :AM

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2006 03:17 
Corporal
Corporal

change that to "Cyclotron" by adding an "o". just a typo problem for the entry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2006 04:00 
Corporal
Corporal

Wait, Skip that Werner, the PediaIcons.txt was not included in the Update so the entire entry will have to be placed in your PediaIcons.txt file.
The units_32.pcx file will also have to be placed for the Cyclotron. If you know how and where to do these things, you can do it all yourself. The units_32.pcx for the Cyclotron is in the Cyclotron unit Folder. the only other Unit that needs the same things addressed is the Squid.

Perhaps Ken will Post the updated units_32.pcx sheet and PediaIcons.txt file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2006 05:37 
Corporal
Corporal

ok, I see that the Squid unit has not been added to the .biq file enev though the unit folder was...so just the Cyclotron needs to be added in the PediaIcons.txt and the units_32.pcx sheet.

The CyclotronLarge.pcx and CyclotronSmall.pcx files need to be placed in the Civilopedia Icons Units folder. Those two .pcx files were not included in the update.

Ken, the Map is totally Lit. Did you intend to omit the darkness?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2006 06:21 
Corporal
Corporal

Ken, If you are going to upload a few more files anyway, you might want to add the Global Warming file as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2006 07:03 
Corporal
Corporal

Was there a problem with the global warming?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2006 09:11 

Werner and Greg Yeah I goofed anf forgot to add the new pedia and civilo txt files and the icons needed for the Cyclotron. Will add in a new UL ASAP. :AE Sorry about that, my bad.

Greg, no I forgot to turn off debug mode, I thought I explained that in the updates discussion thread. :AC I will Include an updated BIQ.

Jos, yeah the global warming file had a color depth of 16 million instead of the 256. Greg caught it and corrected it. :AH I will also include the new Mutie Flamethrower in the team lead screw up patch. :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2006 09:54 

The patch for the 1.07 Update has been ULed to the updates thread.

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2006 12:11 
Corporal
Corporal

Working now once patched. :bs

Noticed that it has become very dangerous around the Enclave nook ... glad I live on the :gl

Then ... checking advisor screens before going to City Screen to see that the horrid rightclick crash has been fixed and I will finally be able to sell of buildings.

Got to Science Screen to check spacing of tech boxes ... actually they seem all to have dropped down :AC

BUT :AM :AM :AM

Load Error

File Not Found

"art\civilopedia\icons\bob'siguanabitsancsmall.pcx"

The game will now exit

Does it work when you tested it Ken ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2006 12:33 

Werner, crap I am sorry, but I forgot I had renamed that building as a test for the right click error. Let me get you the new icons renamed. :AE

Once again sorry. Oh I have not finished adding the new icons to the buildings large and small yet. So don't try the right click in the city screen yet.

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2006 12:40 

The missing Bob's Icons are up on the Updates Thread.

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2006 13:16 
Corporal
Corporal

Thorgrimm wrote:
Werner, crap I am sorry, but I forgot I had renamed that building as a test for the right click error. Let me get you the new icons renamed. :AE

Once again sorry. Oh I have not finished adding the new icons to the buildings large and small yet. So don't try the right click in the city screen yet.

LOL ... Juts found out :gl

The Tech Tree looks like some of the coords have been enetered wrong ... will check .biq at a later date ...

Other than that everything elase looks cool and I suspect that things will be a little more dangerous.

Question ... Shall I start Enclave again.

Question 2 ... How do you test with the black removed which allows me to see entire map?
> This may speed up testing by being able to observe the AI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2006 14:57 

Werner, Yes please start the Enclave again. The new BIQ in the patch for the update should have the black back and debug turned off.

As for me I use it to observe the AI for patterns that may need to be corrected. That is why I use debug mode. But it is best for the testers to not use debug mode.

New tech Coords not entered yet. That is why they look out of place. Will have them entered for next update. :bs

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2006 20:01 
Corporal
Corporal

Ken, the Corrected Cyclotron Large and Small Icons is needed because the one in the latest Update is still 16 million colors.

Also need the B.O.S. Airship Large and Small Icons.....Not sure if any others are missing because the Game crashes with the first one it comes to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2006 21:09 

Greg, thanks for the catch will get them in ASAP. But are the Cyclotron icons the new ones with the dark background and frame? If not let me know. :AH

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2006 22:31 
Corporal
Corporal

yes, Ken...sure are. I sent them this AM but sent again.\ tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2006 05:07 
Corporal
Corporal

Found graphics error
... a thin brown line is evident when map scrolled, perhaps associated with new screen format?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2006 07:22 
Corporal
Corporal

Yeah, I noticed that too. It is the same problem as the right edge of the transport screen that is usually visible during the game.
I don't know how to remove it though... :cry

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2006 07:41 
Corporal
Corporal

where exactly is the "transport Screen" you are referring to? not Familiar with that term for a screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2006 08:07 
Corporal
Corporal

That is the box that appears on the right side of the game interface when you have and active transport unit, just above the right box. It shows the transported units... :w

In the interface it is called "transport box" I think...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next