The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 13:07

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fallout 3 Predictions
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2006 09:20 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Whats your take on Fallout 3. Not Van Buren, as we know all hopes of that is loss unless someone here has a source of untapped wealth and can basically bring into creation Black Isle Studios again?

For me, I have grown far too cynical. And I have little faith or hope that Beth will be able to deliver what we fans wanted. I mean if it turns out better then okay, amen; but I think the Black Isle folks had the right pulse.

ANyhow, do I have any other takers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2006 09:54 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

I disagree, I think Beth could very well do a great job, or they could screw it into the ground. But I loved Morrowind, and if they stay true to Fallout but include some things they're famous for, like huge amounts of secondary quests and tons of game time, they're quite possibly in a position to make the best RPG ever.

“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

"The only reason for being a professional writer is that you can't help it."

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

www.shallowbay.com Best. Band. Ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2006 10:04 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

umm BOS you do realize that Morrowind had MAJOR problems right? Like for example you could hop up and down in one place overnight and get a massive increase to your gymnastics skill right? I have seen lots of posts on 'cheats' like that for morrowind.

Also its dialogue trees were the to whom it may concern type, too generic. Then there was the endless hours of wandering around doing the same damned quests over and over and over and over and over and over. You get my meaning. :w

Here is my prediction, first person, RT and the abandonment of SPECIAL. It will be Fallout in name only, and I truly think that is what it will be. :cry

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2006 11:27 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

We'd have a much better look at what it will be like as far as fixing problems like that if someone had Oblivion, but I won't till the middle of April, at the earliest :AM :AM :AM :AM :cry (I just want that game so damned bad!)

And I meant best RPG in my opinion, other people may hate it, but my opinion's the one I'm concerned about :w

“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2006 12:06 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Well, I will give Beth a vote of confidance, but I won't be too surprised. It will take longer, since Beth isn't going with what Black Isle did, it will take sometime longer and I am anxious to see the reviews of Oblivion, since FO3 will be based on that.

Hell, if the Makers of Half-Life 2 or Troika were behind it, my hopes would be a bit higher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2006 12:20 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Really? HL2? I couldn't stand that game, as it told you almost nothing story-wise. The gameplay was really fun, but the story in a game is critical. All you were really given in that was that "these guys are bad, shoot them".

Yeah, Troika would probably keep it more Fallout-ey, I'll give you that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2006 12:24 

You two do know oblivion is FP and RT right? There is NO WAY you can do Fallout right as first person and real time combat. Sorry but it can't be done. :ad

Thor

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2006 12:27 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

First Person Fallout? Nah, not my cup of tea. I mean, if Beth wanted to do Fallout good, they could have made their own engine for Fallout.

As for real time combat, EEKKKK! Heresy!

Oh, well it will be interesting to see how far and can someone degrade a good game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2006 12:29 

Yeah but don't degrade my Fallout!!!! :AM :bs

Do it to some other BS game.

Now remember, this is my opinion only, and if you like FP and RT, go for it. But to me all those types of games have is flashy gfx, but if you dig deeper it has no plot or story, and it keeps me thinking of a commercial from a few years ago, "Where's the Beef?" :w

Thor.

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2006 13:23 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Hey, I play Fallout 1 at least every year like clock work. It's a ritual which i will miss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2006 13:26 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

I can't play FO1 anymore, whenever I try I have a problem where the screen goes black, but the blackness can be removed by cursor wiggling, although it is incredibly annoying. :fr

I love that game though, I wanna play that again almost as much as I want Oblivion or front row tickets to a Breaking Benjamin concert.

I'd be dissapointed if FO3 was only as good as FO1 or 2 though, as Bethsoft has the ability to take it FAR beyond that, and that's saying something, as those were great games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Mar 2006 23:46 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Now in all honesty, I would be fairly surprised Beth pulls off a Fallout (Morrowind of the Apocalypse) and it's gets good ratings, stranger things have happened. But this Fallout 3 Beth makes won't exactly be on the top of my shopping list. From now, till my CD/DVD player grinds Fallout 1 and 2 to dust, I will still carry them and Fallout Tactics (cheers Thor, you are the man) till the day I die.

All I can say it is a pity that such a game for great potential went to waste. Honestly I think it is a conspiracy. If you notice, D&D run the market (don't get me wrong D&D deserves it's due) and many of you will notice that trend. Apoc genre has a lot of RP potential and isn't necessaryly about running and gunning.

Time will tell. In the end, the fans always have the last laugh. Interplay didn't heed the fans when we cried out for Fallout BOS to be put on hold and let the good men and women in Black Isle finish their work.

In time my friends. vengeance shall be ours and Server will have his due.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2006 00:48 
Private

Quote:
But this Fallout 3 Beth makes won't exactly be on the top of my shopping list.

Hmm, it may for me as it is still Fallout. I'm not saying however, that I'm buying simply as it is Fallout, it's just that I want to see where they take the story, character development and general RPing.

Beth's TES:Oblivion didn't live up to what people thought it would be, but I'm thinking, and hoping with all my heart, that they pump out a Fallout game firstly, that adheres to a post-apoc environment.

But I'm guessing everyone here already knows what everyone else wants from the Fallout 3 game.

Quote:
From now, till my CD/DVD player grinds Fallout 1 and 2 to dust, I will still carry them and Fallout Tactics

Amen! I'm sure there is plenty of gaming left in those CDs... For me, they will stay with me until I, or the CDs perish :bs

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2006 12:03 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

I really don't know how anyone can be dissapointed with Oblivion. I've been playing it an unhealthy amount since I got it, and there's really nothing wrong with it, and a helluva lot of things good with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2006 17:42 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Well BOS, I suppose it is opinion. Some say its great and some say its turd fodder. If you like it, all the better. I can't say a word since I don't have the game. Bu the look of the graphics a lot can be done. But Fallout has always had some sort of feel and even if FO3 was done to perfection, people will still beat it down simply because it isn't their 'vision' of Fallout.

If FO3 is good, it will get my dollar end of story. And people forget that The Oblivion can be vastly improved on if there are any deficiencies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2006 09:08 

BOS, I am glad you enjoy Oblivion, but remember this, Oblivion will probably point us to how Beth will do FO3. And no offense, but FP, RT, and no S.P.E.C.I.A.L. will make it Fallout in name only.

Games like Oblivion are one type of game, but to try and make Fallout 3 the same will be a major mistake IMO.

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2006 14:15 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

I'm not sure it's fair to condemn it before we know anything about it. Who knows? They may be sensative to the fan's desires and put 'em in. Or they may not. All we can do is conjecture at this point, and I want to live in my rose-colored lalaland for this thank you very much :w

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2006 14:32 

And BOS I will remind you of your post when FO3 does come out, and we will see who is going to eat crow. :w :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2006 20:05 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Throgrimm wrote:
And BOS I will remind you of your post when FO3 does come out, and we will see who is going to eat crow. wink big smile

Cheers, Thor

I hope You both have your bibbs and forks... You never know. but I have to admit, Kenn does have a knack for being right most of the time :D

But in the end it will all come down to personal opinion. To me, FO3 is dead, but to some they can live with another persons interpretation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2006 11:58 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

I'm just saying that it could go either way. I'm not saying it'll be great, but it isn't fair to say it'll be godawful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2006 12:23 

Never said it would be godawful, Where did I say that? :w I said IF they use FP, RT and no special, it would be a MISTAKE, not godawful :w :bs

And if I am proven incorrect, in this instance I will eat my serving of crow with zest, while playing FO3. :bs

Cheers, Thor

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2006 01:54 
Corporal
Corporal

Sorry I am out of the Fallout 3 Politics. Though I would be happy if I can undress my character!