The World of The Gunny

The Wasted World of Gunnery Sergeant DeShane
It is currently 19 Mar 2024 03:34

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2008 11:25 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

The Gate Way to Baghdad... the Swords, last standing monument of Saddam Hussein.

Me standing in the crater of a detonated IED... Yeah, that was a pretty close call for us all.

An old bolt action British Rifle from perhaps the old days. Rusted to hell.

Lil Mahmood, AKA Blondie... Yeah, my lil guy... Everytime I pass by and he see's me, he comes running out to follow me where ever I go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2008 02:15 
Sergeant
Sergeant

good photo's. whats the skinny black thing hanging off the side of your barrel in the photo where you're aiming, carib?

i havent touched a rifle since recruits... us techo's arent exactly encouraged to keep up with weapons handling skills, apparently. If shit goes down we're meant to pissbolt to the plane. Goddamn i love the air force.

Wave your arms and shout."

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2008 11:10 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

That tiny thread of black cord running along my barrel is the pressure switch connection to my PAQ-4 the invisible Infrared laser we use to mark and target at night.

Well as far as I know in this man's army, the weapons I know I can take care and maintain 100% is the
M16/M4
m203
M240 B (yes, I am a gunner now)/
m249 SAW
M9-Berreta
M-14
And the US Army's arsenal of Grenades

Now here are weapons I have some understanding of and can use, but to break down into parts, well I may get lost there.
m-2 .50 Cal machinegun
M24 Sniper Rifle
AT-4 Disposable Anti Tank Rocket System
AK-47
SVD Dragonuv

I never touched a MK19... Even in Infantry unit, we don't always get to play with all the toys. Or a TOW or a Javeline system.

Me and my Shemagh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008 06:44 
Sergeant
Sergeant

i'm qualified on the F-88 AUSteyr. as long as the bayonet isn't attached. I'm not allowed to use that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008 07:34 
Sergeant Major of the USMC

Benno the Mad wrote:
i'm qualified on the F-88 AUSteyr. as long as the bayonet isn't attached. I'm not allowed to use that.

@Benno how ya doin' mate? You should drop by the Gunny's bunker more often. :bs We miss yer ugly mug. :w

@Carib, what you call Gunner we called Grenadier. In the Corps each fireteam had two Riflemen, an Automatic Rifleman, and a Grenadier.

Now this organization was back when I was in, it may have changed since then. :bs

Cheers, Þórgrímr

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."
The Gunny: Stand of the 300

Si vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008 10:12 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Gunner... As in turret gunner Thor. We got Grendiers too, the team break dwon is no different from the Marines :D Sorry if it seemed foggy. I am the dude who runs the machinegun, at least for now, since I am an off and on Designated Marksman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2008 13:22 

Carib wrote:
Gunner... As in turret gunner Thor. We got Grendiers too, the team break dwon is no different from the Marines :D Sorry if it seemed foggy. I am the dude who runs the machinegun, at least for now, since I am an off and on Designated Marksman.

Lol, ok, my bad. :bs

"Gone now, dispersed by the brutal destruction of this one day, was the belief that the Darkman and his army of the dead were so superior as to be invincible. By attempting to destroy the morale of the Marines, the Darkman had restored it to full vigor. Dia De La Muerto had failed in its objectives."

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2008 12:19 
Corporal
Corporal

Carib wrote:
That tiny thread of black cord running along my barrel is the pressure switch connection to my PAQ-4 the invisible Infrared laser we use to mark and target at night.

Well as far as I know in this man's army, the weapons I know I can take care and maintain 100% is the
M16/M4
m203
M240 B (yes, I am a gunner now)/
m249 SAW
M9-Berreta
M-14
And the US Army's arsenal of Grenades

Now here are weapons I have some understanding of and can use, but to break down into parts, well I may get lost there.
m-2 .50 Cal machinegun
M24 Sniper Rifle
AT-4 Disposable Anti Tank Rocket System
AK-47
SVD Dragonuv

I never touched a MK19... Even in Infantry unit, we don't always get to play with all the toys. Or a TOW or a Javeline system.

Me and my Shemagh!

Hell yeah, I think my girl got me a Shemagh from Iraq as a gift. She was a Lioness while she was in Al Asad and got to interact a little with the Iraqi women that passed through the checkpoint. Still waiting for her to get back from leave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 May 2008 21:58 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Golden Pirate Wench!

Meeting the extended Family... The Twins - Lucy Lu and Brandon Lee... They're fraternal twins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 May 2008 20:00 
Corporal
Corporal

If only I owned and flew the damn thing...

Yeah I know my pistol is outside the vest... But for photo poses I noticed they were them outside too... probably to show off their "gat".

Much much more here:

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb48/gi-rene/Chino%20Airshow-May%2008/

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 May 2008 20:45 

Man I always loved the Corsairs. Best plane in the US Arsenal in WW2 IMO. When the Japanese gives a plane a name like "whistling Death" you know it has to be badass. :ac

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 May 2008 22:27 
Corporal
Corporal

Yup and they had 3 WW2 ones and one Korean era one. Awesome to see all four in formation (I have pics there on my album link)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2008 22:05 
Sergeant
Sergeant

i love those old radial fighters. theres something beautiful about the clean lines and the giant fucking engine of those ww2 birds that stirs something in my head.

anyway, better let you lot know im not dead. some photo's of me flying through the air and into a tree on a trail bike will be posted as soon as i get the net.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2008 22:11 

Benno the Mad wrote:
i love those old radial fighters. theres something beautiful about the clean lines and the giant fucking engine of those ww2 birds that stirs something in my head.

anyway, better let you lot know im not dead. some photo's of me flying through the air and into a tree on a trail bike will be posted as soon as i get the net.

Glad to hear from you bud! And I look forward to those pics. :bs

Yeah ever since I was a kid and got hooked on the show Baa Baa Black Sheep, I have loved the Corsairs. Absolutely beautiful machines.

As for what we talked about by email, I am gonna leave it up. As an archive if for nothing else. :bs

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008 04:09 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

All Services Represented at the 4th of July Re Enlistment Ceremony... Where 1200 Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, National Guardsmen and Marines took the oath

And this all took place at Al Faw Palace, a mini palace that Saddam Hussein had built after the first Gulf War to commemorate the fight between Iraq and Iran control of the Al Faw Province.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2008 10:35 

Great pics bud! Where are you headed now after your re-up ceremony? If you can say that is. :AH

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2008 16:59 
Private

@Carib, stay safe, it's not an easy job you guys are doing over there.

@Thorgrim, where have you been, we've missed your input at CFC. I reread a lot of the posts on the B5 developement and only then realised that the 7 zip subject had been brought up before. Apologies for being a thicky and putting you through all that hassle again. I Reuploaded the files as winzip and i shall endeavour not to make the same mistake again. Hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes

PsiCorps
The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father.

Post subject: Marine+Razorblade=
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2008 03:10 
Corporal
Corporal

Slipped with a razorblade at work. Gots both thumbs, 9 stitches left, 5 right. Picture is left thumb 8 hours later at Balboa hospital. No major damage, nicked a vein, no major nerves, no tendons. Typing is a new difficulty.

Left Stitches

Right Stitches

All right. I know everyone has this image of an epic struggle between me and a big blade in their heads but the culprit has been caught!

BTW Carib, if you're still over there... is there any way you can hook a brother up with a shemagh? I'll gladly pay for it. I want one made from over there. Not only functional, but Im trying to use it for my WW2 impression, no use in serving in North Africa and not picking of those things up. Hell the SAS used them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2008 08:12 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

On the shemagh, I can... Would the white with the red suffice... Its authentic - made in Syria. Doesn't get more authentic then that. But yes, I can hook you up, Marine. After all, we're all on the same side :D

Send me the address and I shall send it for you most rickish tick!

I will be able to send it out by the first week of August, so send me the info and I will see if I can get my Iraqi Counterparts to do me some favors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2008 08:57 

@ Wolf, dude, ya gotta be careful with those razor devils, been known to take a finger completely. Did you do any nerve damage?

@ Carib, can you hook me up with one of those Shemagh's? I also will pay for it. Just let me know what the amount will be and it will be on it's way.

@ Psi Corps, truth be told, I had to drop all of my gaming modding. I need to concentrate on my writing and get a couple of books finished up and sent out to the publishers. When they get done and I rest my brain from that effort I amy pick up some gaming modding to fill the void. :bs

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2008 10:00 
Corporal
Corporal

Þórgrímr wrote:
@ Wolf, dude, ya gotta be careful with those razor devils, been known to take a finger completely. Did you do any nerve damage?

@ Carib, can you hook me up with one of those Shemagh's? I also will pay for it. Just let me know what the amount will be and it will be on it's way.

@ Psi Corps, truth be told, I had to drop all of my gaming modding. I need to concentrate on my writing and get a couple of books finished up and sent out to the publishers. When they get done and I rest my brain from that effort I amy pick up some gaming modding to fill the void. :bs

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Lots o superficial damage, missed tendons, nicked a vein, no major nerves...

I did quite the piece of work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2008 11:04 

wolfblade wrote:
Lots o superficial damage, missed tendons, nicked a vein, no major nerves...

I did quite the piece of work.

Glad to hear it was only superficial. Be careful next time bud. :bs

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2008 15:04 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

Yes, Thor, I can always hook you up with a shemagh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2008 16:35 

Carib wrote:
Yes, Thor, I can always hook you up with a shemagh.

I appreciate that my friend. I need something for this hot Florida sun.

And sorry about MSN IM, had to go get my meds for the month.

Cheers, Þórgrímr

Gunny's color #FF2400

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2008 08:34 
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1

I finally got my Photo from the July 4th 2008 Re Enlistment Ceremony... Here it is folks, me and the COmmanding General of the Multi National Forces Iraq... General David Petraeus!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next